Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I found this on the Henshin Justice forms. Beware of the S.H Figuarts bootlegs!

http://www.tomopop.com/s-h-figuarts-hav ... um=twitter
Wow, those are atrocious! :shock: :lol:

Just when I thought bootleggers were starting to put in a tad bit more effort these days... :P
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Treklin wrote:this Master Stars piece vegeta looks like a cheap chinese fake to me until i see more official looking press images.
Those are legit images. Final product might look slightly worst.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Treklin wrote:this Master Stars piece vegeta looks like a cheap chinese fake to me until i see more official looking press images.
Those are official.
Banplanet does the official photos for prize items from Banpresto
The funny thing is, the final product won't even look as good as these photos...
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 pm

I know it's not a perfect looking figure, but I don't actually have any really large Dragon Ball figures, so I pre-ordered this yesterday:

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/1 ... goku_xplus

Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Raithos wrote:
Those are official.
The funny thing is, the final product won't even look as good as these photos...
IMHO.. it looks good 8)

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:37 pm

MSP Base Gokou

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Tracer1 wrote:
Raithos wrote:
Those are official.
IMHO.. it looks good 8)
Oh yeah I totally agree with you, I`m just saying the final quality won`t be as good as the photos we see right now, it MIGHT be, MSP Goku actually was pretty good minus the dark skin tone, so I remain super optimistic for Vegeta
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:06 pm

So, I'm slightly disappointed by something in regards to the Kuririn figure (not that I was planning to get it ASAP though, but still) - it was actually listed on RightStuf, which would make ordering it a lot easier, but already it's listed as 'no longer available for purchase'. Bah! BAH I say. Guess I will have to venture outside of my usual ordering comfort zones to order it later after all.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, I'm slightly disappointed by something in regards to the Kuririn figure (not that I was planning to get it ASAP though, but still) - it was actually listed on RightStuf, which would make ordering it a lot easier, but already it's listed as 'no longer available for purchase'. Bah! BAH I say. Guess I will have to venture outside of my usual ordering comfort zones to order it later after all.
Nothin' wrong with Amazon!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:So, I'm slightly disappointed by something in regards to the Kuririn figure (not that I was planning to get it ASAP though, but still) - it was actually listed on RightStuf, which would make ordering it a lot easier, but already it's listed as 'no longer available for purchase'. Bah! BAH I say. Guess I will have to venture outside of my usual ordering comfort zones to order it later after all.
Nothin' wrong with Amazon!
Or Big Bad Toy Store!
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Amazon has better prices and free shipping for orders $35 and over. Unless they don't carry something, they're my first resort.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 pm

The Kamehameha effect piece looks great so far. I guess it's the D-Arts Mewtwo Shadow Ball, but remolded.

I'm hoping we more figuarts next year since it's the 30th anniversary. Given that Bandai Tamashii Nations stated that the DBZ Figuarts are pretty made for the US market then I guess Broli and SSj4 Goku won't be that far off.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I guess it's the D-Arts Mewtwo Shadow Ball, but remolded.
The original Goku was sculpted way before the D-Arts Mewtwo, and the Kamehameha is round with straight beams, whereas Mewtwo's energy ball is flatter and has electricity waves around it.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Oh thanks for the info, my bad. I'm still waiting for Nappa, #17 and #18 to get release. With 2014 being the 30th anniversary, they should give us more stuff. Maybe a Coola S.H FIguart for once would be good too.
She/Her

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:54 am

Man, each time I see new pics of Figuarts Goku I want him more and more. Why can't it be March already?! :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:58 pm

These are only semi-related, but they're too fantastic for me not to want to share. A plushie and ornaments(?) of the Dr. Slump poop.
The plushie: http://ameblo.jp/yoyocom69/image-117143 ... 27095.html
The ornaments(?): http://ameblo.jp/yoyocom69/image-117143 ... 27094.html http://ameblo.jp/yoyocom69/image-117143 ... 27112.html
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:26 pm

I'm still hoping we will get early DB characters for S.H Figuarts. I can see Kid Goku and Roshi working for figures. Nappa, #17 and #18 need to get release first though.
She/Her

dodge2461
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dodge2461 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:37 am

Tracer1 wrote:MSP Base Gokou
I really like this figure. The face is more reminiscent of Early Z era than later on.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:57 am

More BOG (and movies 5 and 6, oddly enough) figures: http://ameblo.jp/yoyocom69/entry-11733655301.html#cbox
I still want to purchase one of these high quality ssjg Goku figures so bad! T_T I really hope listings eventually pop up in the usual places.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:26 am

They're re-releasing the HG EX gashapon? That would be sweet, because Coola's henchmen are probably the rarest of all DragonBall gashapon.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.