Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kuwabara
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Season One" Coming To Blu-Ray (Updated 11

Post by Kuwabara » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Am I the only one having trouble downloading the trailer from YouTube? I've tried KeepVid as well as BYTubeD and DownThemAll on Firefox, but nothing seems to be working. I wanted to watch the trailer in 1080p and streaming sites always drop frames whenever I try to watch at that high a resolution.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Kuwabara wrote:Am I the only one having trouble downloading the trailer from YouTube? I've tried KeepVid as well as BYTubeD and DownThemAll on Firefox, but nothing seems to be working. I wanted to watch the trailer in 1080p and streaming sites always drop frames whenever I try to watch at that high a resolution.
I use the extension ''Chrome Youtube downloader'' and I use most of the time ''1-click youtube video downloader'' on my firefox. works like a charm. hope this helps :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Kuwabara wrote:Am I the only one having trouble downloading the trailer from YouTube? I've tried KeepVid as well as BYTubeD and DownThemAll on Firefox, but nothing seems to be working. I wanted to watch the trailer in 1080p and streaming sites always drop frames whenever I try to watch at that high a resolution.
I have heard that YouTube has prevented the downloading of 1080p and higher videos. ~_~
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
I have heard that YouTube has prevented the downloading of 1080p and higher videos. ~_~
Use Freemake.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:24 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Really? I never tried downloading 1080p videos but most if not all the time I get the videos that's in 720p.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:26 pm

I guess it's too late now to remove my comment in the Main Site's Blu-Ray news. I hope I asked a legitimate question regarding a new dub for Dragon Ball Z. I just checked Vegetto's news post and he asked us to submit the question about Blu-Ray, not the future release. :?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:29 pm

From the beginning of the trailer :D

"Dragon Z 'Mini Goku is Just Precious! I’m Gohan'"

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:38 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Use Freemake.
Wouldn't a Youtube update require a Freemake update in turn? Never used Freemake for that, though.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Theres Freemake Video Downloader, and Freemake Video Converter. Use downloader on the video and put it at 1080p for the download or convert it later to 1080p.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:but if they end up being better than the orange bricks
They won't. Even more detail is lost, and the only upside so far seems to be a lack of line disappearing and probably selective framing (I say probably because it looks like every scene in the trailer is center cropped). The later seasons even have grain, and will look far worse on these new Blu-rays.

At least the Orange Bricks still somewhat resemble film, these look like crappy vector traces with butchered backgrounds.
Sorry but, as much as I don't like this new release, I'd still much prefer them over stuff like this:
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Bulma's hands look like they are melting into her stomach.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:From the beginning of the trailer :D

I was wondering what that said at the beginning! Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together. :thumbup:
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Black_Anime_Fan wrote:Sorry but, as much as I don't like this new release, I'd still much prefer them over stuff like this:

I have most of the Orange Bricks and I don't remember them looking that bad on my TV. That's just weird.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Fennekin
Not Banned

Post by Fennekin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 pm

What irritates me is that FUNimation is reaching out to our community, knowing very well our stance on the DVD, and actually wants us to submit questions, knowing well that this is the final product and won't be in 4:3 no matter how many times we ask.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Black_Anime_Fan wrote:Sorry but, as much as I don't like this new release, I'd still much prefer them over stuff like this:
Yeah, but that's Season Two. That was a cheap shot.

Of course it's the worst the footage has ever looked. :lol:

Outside of that, I think the Blu-rays are worse overall, because even though the lines won't disappear, there are many more details in the background that are completely lost, and overall it constantly looks bad, whereas some of Season One, and most after Two look decent to good.

Seasons Six through Nine will be a definite downgrade. Those DVDs retained most of the grain and the footage doesn't disintegrate when it shakes, and the new Blu-rays will completely scrub them clean.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:53 pm

MagicBox wrote:

I was wondering what that said at the beginning! Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together. :thumbup:
Was curious myself. No problem :)

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:00 pm

I'm having trouble signing in and staying on the website. I'll just put my question here.

Will this new Blu-Ray release of Dragon Ball Z be the standard for all future Dragon Ball-related home releases?

I hope VegettoEX finds this question.

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:11 pm

theawesomepossum777 wrote:I'm having trouble signing in and staying on the website. I'll just put my question here.

Will this new Blu-Ray release of Dragon Ball Z be the standard for all future Dragon Ball-related home releases?

I hope VegettoEX finds this question.
He's offline, but I sent him a message with your quote on it, he should see it soon.
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:13 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
MagicBox wrote:

Was curious myself. No problem :)
So I'm guessing this means we're getting Japanese title cards and credits? :D

KingofWisdom
Regular

Post by KingofWisdom » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:18 pm

They could just as easily be teasing us.
"Those transformations insane,
They wanna turn up hours late and steal the show from the pros who had to die for the name." - Yamcha (DBWTF: Z-Rap 3)

"Over saturation is easy. Just drag the slider to the right and there you are: instant interest. And certainly, the majority of the public likes saturated color images. In fact, if you want to quickly create a popular image, simply over saturate the colors and increase the contrast. While you may not achieve a sophisticated image, you will achieve an image that will please a less demanding audience." - Alain Briot