Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Something tell me this is either going to led into of these things.

Gohan vs Rikum - Just like this battle Bardock tries and tries but get beaten badly near death. "I am a Saiyan....I won't lost to some Frost Demon scum"

Bardock goes ssj2

Rock Lee vs Garra - Just like this fight Bardock will lose but won't quick like Lee did. Then Bardock stands up and King Cold charges at him.

Vegeta vs Freeza - Just like this battle Bardock will cry.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Man, Cold's attacks look so brutal. Really wouldn't want to be Bardock right now. Lovin' the art, though. The sheer violence/action really pops off the page.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:08 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Something tell me this is either going to led into of these things.

Gohan vs Rikum - Just like this battle Bardock tries and tries but get beaten badly near death. "I am a Saiyan....I won't lost to some Frost Demon scum"

Bardock goes ssj2

Rock Lee vs Garra - Just like this fight Bardock will lose but won't quick like Lee did. Then Bardock stands up and King Cold charges at him.

I honestly don't see a reason for Bardock to cry, except maybe if he lost the hope of reviving his people with the Dragon Balls, but even that's far-fetched.

And I'd really like to think Salagir won't pull something as cheap as SSJ2. I can see Bardock winning through tactic.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:29 pm

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Something tell me this is either going to led into of these things.

Bardock goes ssj2

I honestly don't see a reason for Bardock to cry, except maybe if he lost the hope of reviving his people with the Dragon Balls, but even that's far-fetched.

And I'd really like to think Salagir won't pull something as cheap as SSJ2. I can see Bardock winning through tactic.
Bardock would cry from a broken pride.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Man, Bardock is really being punched around like a rag doll. Seeing his efforts in the fight I have a hard time seeing him winning this, unless he manages to either transform or make a Final Flash-esque attack.
Or him getting a vision of the future which shows him Cold's ultimate weakness.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Godo wrote:Man, Bardock is really being punched around like a rag doll. Seeing his efforts in the fight I have a hard time seeing him winning this, unless he manages to either transform or make a Final Flash-esque attack.
What would that be anyways? Heat? His cocky-ness? Pride?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:14 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Godo wrote:Man, Bardock is really being punched around like a rag doll. Seeing his efforts in the fight I have a hard time seeing him winning this, unless he manages to either transform or make a Final Flash-esque attack.
Yellow. It clashes terribly with his fabulous purple.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Yellow. It clashes terribly with his fabulous purple.

:lol: . Yay you're right. That looks awful.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Maybe the weakness is under his chin?

Making Bardock win either way will be awesome to me, since I am still rooting for the guy. He seems to have more going to him but just his power and more to build upon (such as defeating Raichi), whilst Cold just...has pretty much everything he wants already (sans the Dragonballs). And to be frank, the Cold family all deserved their destinies after all. Even though Bardock did it initially as well, he has a new resolve now.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 am

I haven't posted in ages but I saw this forum and it's the only DBZ thing I still keep up with everyday. Salagir and crew thanks for still doing this. I've been following for years. I'd honestly pay if need to read this work.

Anyways, cool to see one of my favorite characters Bardock take on King Cold in his final form. For years I always thought his power in his final form floor both his sons and some of our friends on Earth. I love the hint Goku gives us about outlasting the 100% form Freeza and Cold employ. If it goes as I'm thinking I hope Bardock finds a way to hang on to win. I'd like to see he and Goku face off.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

You know, I would actually be enjoying this fight if not for the whole "Cold is stronger than the androids" stuff always being in the back of my mind.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm

How does "Cold is much stronger than his sons, I believe his power is around #18, #17 or #16, can't really tell exactly which he is closest to" suddenly becomes "Cold is stronger than the androids"?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:02 pm

rereboy wrote:How does "Cold is much stronger than his sons, I believe his power is around #18, #17 or #16, can't really tell exactly which he is closest to" suddenly becomes "Cold is stronger than the androids"?
Listing two near-identical powers, then saying "maybe even [this much larger power]", clearly implies superiority to the small ones.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:08 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
rereboy wrote:How does "Cold is much stronger than his sons, I believe his power is around #18, #17 or #16, can't really tell exactly which he is closest to" suddenly becomes "Cold is stronger than the androids"?
Listing two near-identical powers, then saying "maybe even [this much larger power]", clearly implies superiority to the small ones.
No, not really. He says "...maybe even #16", implying that his first guess is to put him closer to #18 or #17, but in truth he really doesn't know exactly, and so he could be stronger than his first guess. The fact that he can't even feel the power of the androids for a direct comparison and has to resort to an estimate just further supports this.

The issue is probably left vague on purpose so that the fans can have a personal opinion on exactly how strong he is. If you have a problem with him being stronger than #16, why don't you just consider him to be around #18 in his true form and somewhere between #17 and #16 in his 100% form? Nothing really contradicts this.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:39 am

The issue is probably left vague on purpose so that the fans can have a personal opinion on exactly how strong he is. If you have a problem with him being stronger than #16, why don't you just consider him to be around #18 in his true form and somewhere between #17 and #16 in his 100% form? Nothing really contradicts this.
Because I don't have a problem with him being stronger than 16 specifically, I have a problem with him being stronger than Freeza at all. Him being on the same level as the androids is just icing on the cake. As I said, it just kind of makes me unable to enjoy this fight. Well, that and the typical power level discrepancies.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:10 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Because I don't have a problem with him being stronger than 16 specifically, I have a problem with him being stronger than Freeza at all. Him being on the same level as the androids is just icing on the cake. As I said, it just kind of makes me unable to enjoy this fight. Well, that and the typical power level discrepancies.
I also have a problem with him being stronger than his sons because they didn't provide a decent explanation. But then again I'm not stating that he is stronger than the androids or whatever.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:40 pm

rereboy wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
I also have a problem with him being stronger than his sons because they didn't provide a decent explanation. But then again I'm not stating that he is stronger than the androids or whatever.
But he is. He's compared to them when he first transforms, and implied to be above 17 and 18 already, and now we have him powering up significantly beyond "around 17 or 18, maybe even 16".
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:52 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
But he is. He's compared to them when he first transforms, and implied to be above 17 and 18 already, and now we have him powering up significantly beyond "around 17 or 18, maybe even 16".
Its unknown just what kind of power Cold was using in his true form, if it was 70% or another percentage, its unknown if Cold was closer to #18 or closer to #16, and its unknown exactly what is the difference in power between #18, #17 and #16 and how it compares to the difference in power of Cold's true form and Cold's 100%.

As I've said, there's nothing contradicting Cold being around #18 power in his true form, but still inferior to #16 in his 100%. And yet you say that we "know" that this isn't the case. I fail to see how, honestly...

In fact, considering that Cold was somewhat superior to Bardock with his true form, but hasn't been able to defeat Bardock immediately with his 100%, it seems that the difference in power between his two forms isn't THAT big.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: .

Cold looks just like Freeza when Freeza first power ups. Like father like son(No I'm not saying that the shot is ripped from the anime)

I got to admit. The artist here. Everytime there is a HIT(Or attack) it looks BRUTAL AS FUCK!