Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Have anyone wondered how Vegeta wears his blue spandex? :think:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 am

Been watching the Cell Saga episodes and in episode 174, I realized Tao Pai Pai unintentionally helped Goku in his training!

We all know the 10 days of relaxation Goku & Gohan had, but during these episode we had some moments of both accidentally losing control and put too much strength in what they were doing breaking whatever they touched. But then Tao Pai Pai came along and challenged Goku to solve a ring puzzle. Now as silly as that idea was, I liked how subtle it was in teaching Goku how to control his power. He solved a complex puzzle without bending the rings or cheat his way to break them. And it was not too long ago he pushed one of the goons too much he knocked him to a wall.

And that makes it the second time Tao Pai Pai unintentionally helped Goku and made him stronger.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Interesting how First Lieutenant Meldars from Rurouni Kenshin anime series was voiced by the same VA (Kazuhiro Yamaji) who voiced Hit. I really like his voice when doing serious characters.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:01 pm

And today I finished the entirety of the Artificial Humans/Cell Saga. I started back at February 20 and so it took me about 2 months to finish. It's not because I was getting tired or anything, but I had to adjust with a new job earlier on and spent most of my time playing Metal Gear games. And while it wasn't a constant sitting and with plenty of gaps between viewings, the arc didn't drag out that much except for pointless flashbacks here and there.

Less than 100 episodes left. I hope the Boo arc won't feel dragged with its 92 episodes.
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:57 pm

I don't really follow power level related discussions/speculation and I'm not sure if there are official sources that could provide a definite answer - but did Vegeta even need to become a SSJ to defeat #19? Or was it that he was just trying to showoff his new power to the Z-senshi in overwhelming fashion? It seems odd to me that SSJ power would be needed to take down what amounted to lowly first-stage henchman, while Piccolo (pre-Kami merger) had no troubles taking #20 apart...

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:I don't really follow power level related discussions/speculation and I'm not sure if there are official sources that could provide a definite answer - but did Vegeta even need to become a SSJ to defeat #19? Or was it that he was just trying to showoff his new power to the Z-senshi in overwhelming fashion? It seems odd to me that SSJ power would be needed to take down what amounted to lowly first-stage henchman, while Piccolo (pre-Kami merger) had no troubles taking #20 apart...
One part Vegeta showing off, one part everybody knew how to overcome the androids' simple weak points, and one part Piccolo catching Gero off-guard.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah, but could base Vegeta have still destroyed #19 one-on-one? After #19 had absorbed SSJ Vegeta's power, Vegeta still effectively flicked him away like nothing happened. I would imagine that base Vegeta at that time had a higher battle power than Piccolo - he trained at 300g's for at least a couple years. And even though #20 was caught off guard, he was completely overwhelmed and dominated by Piccolo.

I guess the answer depends on where base Vegeta and Piccolo were at power-wise during that fight. If we go by the narrative, base Vegeta should be ahead - so the transformation leans more toward dramatic effect (and selling toys!). So, base Vegeta FTW... most likely.

Strange how this question just popped in my head recently after having seen those episodes so many times

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Also don't forget Goku was fighting with an illness so we can say he wasn't fighting at full strength compared to Vegeta who was at the top of his health.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:24 pm

For sure. So it's safe to say that #19 shouldn't have been much trouble for a healthy base Goku or Vegeta, seeing as how Piccolo crushed #20.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:39 pm

What is the SS4 multiplier used by Death Battle?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:57 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:What is the SS4 multiplier used by Death Battle?
x10 of SSJ3

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:For sure. So it's safe to say that #19 shouldn't have been much trouble for a healthy base Goku or Vegeta, seeing as how Piccolo crushed #20.
Not quite. Remember that Piccolo got a huge boost from training 3 years prior the arrival of the androids, I think he surpassed the base Saiyans but not Final Form Freeza yet. I think Goku could defeat the androids using the Kaioken, but I guess he turn into SSJ just to make things easier.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:00 am

It bothers me that Gokuu doesn't explicitly resign the fight in the Super version of BoG. He just keeps going on about breaking limits.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:09 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:It bothers me that Gokuu doesn't explicitly resign the fight in the Super version of BoG. He just keeps going on about breaking limits.
The BoG Arc removed tons of great stuff from the movie.
Retired.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 am

Noah wrote:Not quite. Remember that Piccolo got a huge boost from training 3 years prior the arrival of the androids, I think he surpassed the base Saiyans but not Final Form Freeza yet. I think Goku could defeat the androids using the Kaioken, but I guess he turn into SSJ just to make things easier.
But Goku and Vegeta had trained all throughout that time (in base) as well, and they were both already at a higher level than Piccolo before the training started. I think that Goku turned SSJ against #19 right at the start because there was no way of gauging the battle power of any of the artificial humans. And also to give them both a big shock after #20 revealed how long he's been tracking Goku.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:03 pm

If I had to choose between original DBZ and KAI (FC included) as to which one I could only see for the rest of my life, I'd pick Kai in a heartbeat.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:If I had to choose between original DBZ and KAI (FC included) as to which one I could only see for the rest of my life, I'd pick Kai in a heartbeat.
While I don't hate Kai anymore, I still don't particularly like it. However, since I'm basically rapidly losing my ability to read subtitles, I'm afraid I'll have to permanently abandon Z for Kai's English Dub soon. I'd be lying if I said I weren't a bit disappointed, I just can't find anything about it that's better than the original, especially since I really enjoy 90% of the filler material.
Retired.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:If I had to choose between original DBZ and KAI (FC included) as to which one I could only see for the rest of my life, I'd pick Kai in a heartbeat.
While I don't hate Kai anymore, I still don't particularly like it. However, since I'm basically rapidly losing my ability to read subtitles, I'm afraid I'll have to permanently abandon Z for Kai's English Dub soon. I'd be lying if I said I weren't a bit disappointed, I just can't find anything about it that's better than the original, especially since I really enjoy 90% of the filler material.
Me too, when I first started watching anime "subtitled" was mostly always the way to go for me. Now though, if there's a option that I can watch the dub, I definitely opt for that.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:07 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote: No that honor goes to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiONylGn8Xw&app=desktop
Sorry for the double post.
I think the first teaser is still leagues better because of the mystery surrounding "The Worst Wish in History" and who was the revived person for the wish to be considered such a tragedy in history, that mystery was hype beyond believe.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.