Kaboom's "Draw Me A What-If" Game

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Live Action Raditz :)

yunzabit
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yunzabit » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Call me an idealist, but I don't believe any aspect of these characters should be altered for a live action movie. Raditz, Vegeta, and Freeza should look like they came right out of the manga/anime.

Then again, I do love seeing these artistic interpretations. Perhaps I will make a drawing later...

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Saiyan courtship is a beautiful thing.

Name: Mizuna

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Bejiita-sama in the third dimension:

"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

RogueA007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RogueA007 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:23 am

Something like this?

Maybe. *may doodle some more ideas later...*

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:29 am

SPARKING awesome work this time, guys! Great stuff!!
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

Remix
Beyond Newbie

Post by Remix » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi, I'm WeeklyTubeShow. Innagadadavida and I like to make videos.

Perhaps you'd like to see one.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:13 pm

Your drawings make me feel inferior as an artist, they're that good.
I guess that I'll scan my drawings (they are half-complete) in the weekend.
I'll also work with my live-action piece a bit more then. Better late than never, as I use to say.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm sorry for Raditz, but this guy from german group Tokyo Hotel really killed me by his appearance :lol: :lol: :lol: I really laughed when I saw him so here's little quick edit

LIVE ACTION RADITZ!!! TADADADA!!

!NOTE! no more hair added
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

RogueA007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RogueA007 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drawings are good, but if there's one thing that always cracks me up, it's Photoshooping. Nice.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Well here's my Vegeta; turned out looking more like a "western comic book" style than live-action, but close enough.

I'm skipping Raditz, and trying to come up with something cool for Freeza.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:16 pm

No love for Freeza-sama? :(

Anyways, here's mine:

:D

Did it pretty quickly, but I like it.

CHANGES:

Transformations: This Freeza doesn't transform, simply because most of my changes facilitate this. :P He still his his buffed-up "100% Full-Power", though.

Eyes: THEY GLOW RED. And I just wanted to make sure he looked badass.

Head-piece: This is actually a separate artificial component, and not part of his body. In a battle many years ago, his brain was practically destroyed. The technology inside keeps it functioning, supplies it with nutrients and makes small repairs to the rest of his body (to make up for the loss of his transformation-induced healing). The device is in two halves; the bottom half is connected to his chin. It links up down the middle of the back of his head to provide further protection. It's also slightly squint due to the doctors operating on him having only seconds to save his life. And because I am incapable of making things go in a straight line without a ruler.

Modulator: The straps and modulation device not only allow him to speak in any tongue in the universe (sort of my attempt to explain why the Earthings and Namekians can understand him, and vice-versa) it is also a sign of his regal status. The beads are from a precious metal-like substance found only on his home planet.

General Body & Personality: I gave him some scars on his face to make him look more battle-ravaged and hardcore. This Freeza is more of a brute fighter than the original, but he still retains some of his polite and reserved demeanor. I also made him kinda anorexic-looking; I thought it suited him, and his opponents often undersetimate him because of his frail-looking body. I elongated his neck to make him look more reptillian. Just 'cause. I added weird lines to his ears, for no real reason really; but I suppose you could say it's a harken back to his original first form.

Arms/Gloves: His arm-thingies aren't part of his body, they're gloves integrated and moulded directly onto his skin. Underneath them his hands are simply bone. He lost them when he first attempted a Death Ball as a child, and has had these ever since. There was no anaesthetic for the procedure. And pain. Lots of pain.

Cape: He's a prince, so I gave him a cape. ... You don't really want to see Freeza's bits, do you? Plus I always thought he'd look cool with a cape for some reason.

Amulet: Taken from the body of the extremely powerful warlord of Freeza's world's rival planet, and kept around his neck (clasped to his cape) to serve as a reminder of his power and dominance. Plus, it's shiny. Freeza likes shiny things.

Well, that's it, I think. Enjoy, folks.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Remix wrote:Image
Kenshiro? That you?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:48 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Well here's my Vegeta; turned out looking more like a "western comic book" style than live-action, but close enough.

*Snip*

I'm skipping Raditz, and trying to come up with something cool for Freeza.
That armor is awesome.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Alrighty, here's my Freeza.

This is him in his restricted form. My ideal Freeza would only have this, and his slender, true form. The latter of which I will not be posting anything for at the moment, because my best attempt so far looks ridiculous. It's hard trying to come up with some way for him to not be nude and yet still give off the same "vibe," if you will.

But for the time being, let's move on. I like how much response this past week's topic got; I really was not expecting it to be so popular.

So since we're going with popular topics, let's go with one that's been requested.

- Tenshinhan and Lunch's kid(s)! -

Is it a boy? A girl? Both? One of each? Hair? No hair? What color hair? Two eyes? Three eyes? No eyes? Is he/she a fighter, or does he/she take after her mother's docile side? It's up to you!
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Kaboom: very nice. It makes me think Freeza's wearing a sort of samurai-esque spirit energy-sealing armor like Bui from Yû Yû Hakusho.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:57 pm

Refrigerator
Really quick sketch. Proportions are off.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:59 am

The big happy family, with Uncle Chaozu:

http://magikarp46.dyndns.org/random/tenlunchkids.png
-Rachel

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:53 am

I drew this today! Yup never ever used this image before. I'm totally not being lazy. Not at all.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Scarz wrote:I drew this today! Yup never ever used this image before. I'm totally not being lazy. Not at all.

*Awesome concept pic*
Yes, don't worry, we believe you. :lol: :wink:

Actually I remember older concepts of this character as a teenager. It looks like you changed Uzi's look a little bit. 8)