Future Trunks' new form!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Abra kadabra » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:54 am

The name isn't working for me and I'm frustrated with the fact that they didn't explain it

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Abra kadabra wrote:The name isn't working for me and I'm frustrated with the fact that they didn't explain it
It shouldn't work for anymone.

But people here will find some fanfic theories and explain how it is working...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Kishido wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote:The name isn't working for me and I'm frustrated with the fact that they didn't explain it
It shouldn't work for anyone.

But people here will find some fanfic theories and explain how it is working...
If they can pull it off hats off to them..
Who can explain this without causing a bunch of plot holes and inconsistencies? Certainly not me..

The only explanation I can come up with that is not completely retarded is, by seeing blue and feeling it's ki pressure, training with Vegeta and being around gods all the time made trunks instinctively compress in ki in when he raged out ( see that white glow around him before he charged as a ss(2?) towards black after he was being lectured about his sins, that's him compressing his ki, hence Vegeta was shocked to see what he was doing) , and so we get blue aura around SS and the name SSIkari ( that sounds really cool though, probably my favorite name of a form )

This is the explanation I am going with anyways
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:11 pm

It doesn't really need explaining, it is a new Super Saiyan Form that gave Trunks a chance to keep up with the villains, just barely mind you. That is all we were shown and that is all we need really. Do we really need some arbitrary name for it? It is just like Super Saiyan 3 first wondered on the scene, it was exactly the same a new Super Saiyan Form Goku pulled out of his behind with the only exception we got the name "Super Saiyan 3" to accompany it. But that doesn't explain a single thing at all other then it is a power up above SS2, which is exactly what was presented to us with this Trunks thing. Anyway as soon as the episode ended I said it don't expect any formal explanations, we've had a franchise full of them why would they start explaining things now?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It doesn't really need explaining, it is a new Super Saiyan Form that gave Trunks a chance to keep up with the villains, just barely mind you. That is all we were shown and that is all we need really. Do we really need some arbitrary name for it? It is just like Super Saiyan 3 first wondered on the scene, it was exactly the same a new Super Saiyan Form Goku pulled out of his behind with the only exception we got the name "Super Saiyan 3" to accompany it. But that doesn't explain a single thing at all other then it is a power up above SS2, which is exactly what was presented to us with this Trunks thing. Anyway as soon as the episode ended I said it don't expect any formal explanations, we've had a franchise full of them why would they start explaining things now?
Just because the franchise pulled shit like this before does not absolve those or the new material repeating the same mistakes. So how about Super stops acting like the executives of the new Star Wars movies and give the audience some goddamn context for something, anything.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:32 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It doesn't really need explaining, it is a new Super Saiyan Form that gave Trunks a chance to keep up with the villains, just barely mind you. That is all we were shown and that is all we need really. Do we really need some arbitrary name for it? It is just like Super Saiyan 3 first wondered on the scene, it was exactly the same a new Super Saiyan Form Goku pulled out of his behind with the only exception we got the name "Super Saiyan 3" to accompany it. But that doesn't explain a single thing at all other then it is a power up above SS2, which is exactly what was presented to us with this Trunks thing. Anyway as soon as the episode ended I said it don't expect any formal explanations, we've had a franchise full of them why would they start explaining things now?
Just because the franchise pulled shit like this before does not absolve those or the new material repeating the same mistakes. So how about Super stops acting like the executives of the new Star Wars movies and give the audience some goddamn context for something, anything.
Old habits dies hard, ekrolo2. Especially with Toriyama at the creative front of modern Dragon Ball. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Old habits dies hard, ekrolo2. Especially with Toriyama at the creative front of modern Dragon Ball. :P
I disagree, old habits are really easy to get rid of. You find who keeps doing them and give em the fuckin' boot. Toei are far from an ideal choice but at least with them, I get the sense they'd give characters not called Goku, Vegeta and Beerus something to do.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:45 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
That's the problem though. They probably feel they can get away with these things plus we have so many different script writers they probably kept leaving it to each other lol. One thing Super needs is to actually go through with a series composer no idea why they chickened out.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Old habits dies hard, ekrolo2. Especially with Toriyama at the creative front of modern Dragon Ball. :P
I disagree, old habits are really easy to get rid of. You find who keeps doing them and give em the fuckin' boot. Toei are far from an ideal choice but at least with them, I get the sense they'd give characters not called Goku, Vegeta and Beerus something to do.
Why do you get that sense? Their one creative venture without Toriyama literally focused on Goku to the exclusion of everyone else.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:52 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Why do you get that sense? Their one creative venture without Toriyama literally focused on Goku to the exclusion of everyone else.
Because the anime constantly goes out of its way to give Gohan something resembling an arc which it can't realize because Toriyama doesn't give a fuck about him and they gave Goten more personality in the latest episode than anyone ever has and probably ever will until Dragon Ball gets an actual good writer involved in this franchise.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:That's the problem though. They probably feel they can get away with these things plus we have so many different script writers they probably kept leaving it to each other lol. One thing Super needs is to actually go through with a series composer no idea why they chickened out.
Here's what Super needs: someone to travel back in time, kick the guy who rushed the production down a flight of stairs that're ideally 50+ stories in length, make Toyotaro the editor of Toriyama when it comes to story & fighting consistency, give the animators proper time to actually work on the series and for the love of ninja murdering, orange juice slurping hipster Jesus do. fucking. not. remake the movies!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Why do you get that sense? Their one creative venture without Toriyama literally focused on Goku to the exclusion of everyone else.
Because the anime constantly goes out of its way to give Gohan something resembling an arc which it can't realize because Toriyama doesn't give a fuck about him and they gave Goten more personality in the latest episode than anyone ever has and probably ever will until Dragon Ball gets an actual good writer involved in this franchise.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:That's the problem though. They probably feel they can get away with these things plus we have so many different script writers they probably kept leaving it to each other lol. One thing Super needs is to actually go through with a series composer no idea why they chickened out.
Here's what Super needs: someone to travel back in time, kick the guy who rushed the production down a flight of stairs that're ideally 50+ stories in length, make Toyotaro the editor of Toriyama when it comes to story & fighting consistency, give the animators proper time to actually work on the series and for the love of ninja murdering, orange juice slurping hipster Jesus do. fucking. not. remake the movies!

I dont really think they have gone out of their way at all. They have given him one episode about his boring life this upcoming episode. Aside from that he has had maybe two lines.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:01 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I dont really think they have gone out of their way at all. They have given him one episode about his boring life this upcoming episode. Aside from that he has had maybe two lines.
You mean Gohan? They setup an arc for him at the end of F, have it last for a bit then can't do anything with it because Toriyama writes him off from the U6 tournament. He's apparently given up on fighting again in the Black arc then the anime has the scene of him being angry that no one tells him about Future Trunks' situation, not even Future Trunks and that once again amounts to fuck and all because Toriyama doesn't write Gohan into anything until the Survival arc.

Toei or at least someone writing Super from Toei clearly wants to do stuff with Gohan and to a lesser extent even Goten and Trunks but they're slaves to Toriyama who's last good story was Namek.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Toei or at least someone writing Super from Toei clearly wants to do stuff with Gohan and to a lesser extent even Goten and Trunks but they're slaves to Toriyama who's last good story was Namek.
Errrr, wut lol
how can you say Trunks didn't got stuff when he had a bigger role than both Goku and Vegeta in the Zamasu arc lol
also I hope I understand you wrong and that you aren't actually saying you think everything after Namek is crap story-wise because it clearly isn't, ofc all is a matter of opinion but still I find that line a bit hard to stomach personally lol

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:17 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Toei or at least someone writing Super from Toei clearly wants to do stuff with Gohan and to a lesser extent even Goten and Trunks but they're slaves to Toriyama who's last good story was Namek.
Errrr, wut lol
how can you say Trunks didn't got stuff when he had a bigger role than both Goku and Vegeta in the Zamasu arc lol
also I hope I understand you wrong and that you aren't actually saying you think everything after Namek is crap story-wise because it clearly isn't, ofc all is a matter of opinion but still I find that line a bit hard to stomach personally lol
Which Trunks do you mean? Future or kid? Because kid does nothing except get time travel explained to him and giving his older self an off-screen pep talk. He isn't even driven to fight anymore like you might think because he's nowhere to be found on the Survival Arc team but freaking Roshi, Tien and Krillin, the apexes of worthless fodder tier are!

Namek is the last good arc Toriyama writes by himself. The Android arc is almost entirely contrived nonsense with a couple good fights like Piccolo vs 17 and Goku vs Cell and a good ending with Goku paying for his selfishness. The Boo arc is another mess that's barely saved by Vegeta & Mister Satan's development. GT also has some good moments here and there but is flawed as fuck overall. Battle of Gods is great but Toriyama basically hijacked that from another writer. Resurrection F has no business existing period. The U6 arc is the epitome of half-assed (another dinky arena in the middle of a wasteland and more copies of Saiyan's & Freeza? Jesus fucking Christ Toriyama! Slow the fuck down! If you keep innovating at this speed you'll eventually catch up to the inert brick sometime in the next epoch!) and the Black arc is nonsense to the nth degree by the time its over.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:29 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Which Trunks do you mean? Future or kid? Because kid does nothing except get time travel explained to him and giving his older self an off-screen pep talk. He isn't even driven to fight anymore like you might think because he's nowhere to be found on the Survival Arc team but freaking Roshi, Tien and Krillin, the apexes of worthless fodder tier are!
Oh you meant the kid ofc my bad lol
At this point I wish for a timelap lol
Namek is the last good arc Toriyama writes by himself. The Android arc is almost entirely contrived nonsense with a couple good fights like Piccolo vs 17 and Goku vs Cell and a good ending with Goku paying for his selfishness. The Boo arc is another mess that's barely saved by Vegeta & Mister Satan's development. GT also has some good moments here and there but is flawed as fuck overall. Battle of Gods is great but Toriyama basically hijacked that from another writer. Resurrection F has no business existing period. The U6 arc is the epitome of half-assed (another dinky arena in the middle of a wasteland and more copies of Saiyan's & Freeza? Jesus fucking Christ Toriyama! Slow the fuck down! If you keep innovating at this speed you'll eventually catch up to the inert brick sometime in the next epoch!) and the Black arc is nonsense to the nth degree by the time its over.
Actually not the thread nor subforum for it so I won't argue your points regarding the rest of Z which I disagree with, but why are you mentioning GT lol
I agree RoF was unnecessary and that it sucked Gohan was written off for U6, but I would argue the Black arc is on the narrative very good, actually at the cost of all of Trunks nonsense, but from a story and symbolism point of view, I find it much stronger that they had these decisions about Trunks,
like I said somewhere else, the arc only needed the extra 10 or more episodes connecting the dots lol
Still a great arc imo, but if you couldn't stand either Cell or Buu's it is perfectly understandable you won't with that one either lol

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:34 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:How come Vegeta didn't become SSikari when bulma was slapped to the ground
He might've if Beerus straight up slaughters everyone around Vegeta and reduce the Earth to a wasteland.
LittleGreen wrote:The blue aura resembled pretty much the blue god ki, imo. I really hope to see some times some little explanation to it
For all we know, that blue aura of Trunks might've been something that Toei added in to make the form look cool. There's literally nothing in the show that states nor imply that Trunks's form has God Ki.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:33 am

I aint buying that name and how its gained, through intense rage? there were tons of characters that went through intense rage, far worst than Trunks did, fcking Goku that doesnt even get pissed till you push him to the limit of his feelings didnt get that form when Black and Zamasu enjoyed the hell of telling him how they killed of his alternate self and his family, Vegeta that learned in Boo saga that everyone got turned into candy Bulma in it and after running away from Boo via IT witnessed Trunks getting blown to space dust didnt get that, so why the fck does Future Trunks get it? simple, for plot reasons, they needed to pull a stunt like this so that he can be relevant through this arc, fck this shit man :lol: one of the worst asspulls in DB history.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:51 am

I don't care so much about the name, but I hate the fact that this form exists in the first place. If they wanted to power up Trunks, they should've just made him go SSJB. At least that would make more sense than some nonsensical new form that literally came out of nowhere, with no explanation behind it.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:04 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:I don't care so much about the name, but I hate the fact that this form exists in the first place. If they wanted to power up Trunks, they should've just made him go SSJB. At least that would make more sense than some nonsensical new form that literally came out of nowhere, with no explanation behind it.
Someone with sense... But now people will come that SSB is archieved during training of God Ki and it would make no sense.

Yeah it wouldn't but still more like a unexplained rage form with god ki

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:45 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I aint buying that name and how its gained, through intense rage? there were tons of characters that went through intense rage, far worst than Trunks did, fcking Goku that doesnt even get pissed till you push him to the limit of his feelings didnt get that form when Black and Zamasu enjoyed the hell of telling him how they killed of his alternate self and his family, Vegeta that learned in Boo saga that everyone got turned into candy Bulma in it and after running away from Boo via IT witnessed Trunks getting blown to space dust didnt get that, so why the fck does Future Trunks get it? simple, for plot reasons, they needed to pull a stunt like this so that he can be relevant through this arc, fck this shit man :lol: one of the worst asspulls in DB history.
That's a lie. Maybe it's dragon ball super's art style that didn't convey it to you. But no one else in the show has more of a right to be angrier than him after what his been through. Since you obviously weren't following the plot through trunks experience or just don't care about him, the rest of your post can easily be disregarded as bias inanity