Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Dyno wrote:Maybe. Actually I think that the very first shot of him in that TV Spot is right after some kind of "transformation" scene. We can't confirm since this form doesn't make any physically change.
The white aura looks like the one he and Vegeta had in the heroes promotion.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 pm

I told you people that you shouldn't have paid any attention to that 120 minute runtime and you'd be setting your self up for disappointment.

94 minutes sounds more reasonable, at least it's longer than the Battle of Gods theatrical cut. I suppose they'll probably milk it by doing an extended version as well rather than just having one longer movie.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Can't wait for Blue Mystic Vegeta to be shown next month. After that Heroes will make a Red Mystic Goku as a transformation card to keep them equal.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:36 pm

GoldLiger wrote:Can't wait for Blue Mystic Vegeta to be shown next month.
Did they announce anything or are you just guessing they will cause the movie will be out ?

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:39 pm

sintzu wrote:
GoldLiger wrote:Can't wait for Blue Mystic Vegeta to be shown next month.
Did they announce anything or are you just guessing they will cause the movie will be out ?
If you read the manga chapters(ESPECIALLY chapter 2) you will know that this is fact.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:45 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
If you read the manga chapters(ESPECIALLY chapter 2) you will know that this is fact.
I don't remember seeing anything in the English version.

Was it in the Japanese version ?

Hopefully someone in the advanced screening gets a pic of it.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:54 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
Barunks wrote:It would be dissapointing if despite all his new power Freeza couldn't even take Beerus.
Uh Freeza still has trouble with Goku even after transforming based on the trailers, so there's no way he's anywhere near Beerus. And that's exactly how it should be. Freeza being above Goku due to lol 4 months of training is already bad enough. Making him stronger than Beerus or Whis would be utterly idiotic.
It's totally fine if he surpasses Future Gohan, Android 18, Android 17, Android 16, all seven Cell Jrs, Piccolo, Future Trunks, Goten, Trunks, Kaioshin, Kibitoshin, Dabra, Vegeta, Fat Buu/Mr. Buu, Pure Buu, Gotenks, Gohan, Super Buu, Vegetto, and Godku in four months. Improbably surpassing those 26 characters, crapping all over the original story in the process, is acceptable. But no, not Beerus. Not character #27. Because that would just be utterly idiotic. As opposed to him surpassing everybody else.
Did you even bother to read my post or are you just lashing out to lash out? I'm going with the latter because I specifically mentioned how it's already ridiculous that he managed to get to a level above Goku (which in turn includes all those characters you mentioned) just by 4 months of training. It just goes a step further had he been stronger than the 2 strongest characters in DB who far surpass any other character in the series.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:56 pm

sintzu wrote:
GoldLiger wrote:
I don't remember seeing anything in the English version.

Was it in the Japanese version ?

Hopefully someone in the advanced screening gets a pic of it.
What did Gohan tell Master Roshi about his transformation capabilities? Remember this is supposed to be Gohan(the one that still can transform to SS2 even after 7 years of no training along with keeping Mystic Mode after 4 years).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:59 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:It's totally fine if he surpasses Future Gohan, Android 18, Android 17, Android 16, all seven Cell Jrs, Piccolo, Future Trunks, Goten, Trunks, Kaioshin, Kibitoshin, Dabra, Vegeta, Fat Buu/Mr. Buu, Pure Buu, Gotenks, Gohan, Super Buu, Vegetto, and Godku in four months. Improbably surpassing those 26 characters, crapping all over the original story in the process, is acceptable. But no, not Beerus. Not character #27. Because that would just be utterly idiotic. As opposed to him surpassing everybody else.
You're acting like this is the first time someone has gotten improbably strong in a short space of time and jumped up several placed in the power ranking hierarchy in Dragon Ball.

It happens all the time.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:It's totally fine if he surpasses Future Gohan, Android 18, Android 17, Android 16, all seven Cell Jrs, Piccolo, Future Trunks, Goten, Trunks, Kaioshin, Kibitoshin, Dabra, Vegeta, Fat Buu/Mr. Buu, Pure Buu, Gotenks, Gohan, Super Buu, Vegetto, and Godku in four months. Improbably surpassing those 26 characters, crapping all over the original story in the process, is acceptable. But no, not Beerus. Not character #27. Because that would just be utterly idiotic. As opposed to him surpassing everybody else.
You're acting like this is the first time someone has gotten improbably strong in a short space of time and jumped up several placed in the power ranking hierarchy in Dragon Ball.

It happens all the time.
Except they had REASONS like:

RoSaT
Near Death
Zenkai
Revival
YEARS of training
ETC.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:12 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

It happens all the time.

RoSaT
Near Death
Zenkai
Revival
YEARS of training
ETC.
How do you know Freeza didn't find a similar method?

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you've seen the movie.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:13 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

It happens all the time.

RoSaT
Near Death
Zenkai
Revival
YEARS of training
ETC.
More than half of those reasons are ridiculous in their own right. Freeza actually trained for once. And it's all about the quality of training regime you put yourself through that determines how fast you progress in strength. It could be 4 years, 4 months, 4 days, 4 hours; It varies for everyone. Is nobody is gonna give Freeza the benefit of the doubt?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:15 pm

The chances of having the OST's titles revealed in the next few days is very slim.
Too bad, I like all the speculations about the plot that it can bring (remember all the crazy theories there were when there was this track named One More Saiyan for Battle of Gods).

Guess we'll have the full description of the movie next week without being able to guess from the tracklist first (the OST's release is more than a month away so they have a LOT of time to put those titles online).

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:16 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

It happens all the time.

RoSaT
Near Death
Zenkai
Revival
YEARS of training
ETC.
And Frieza's reason is that he is a prodigy, it's basically the same thing.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:16 pm

I don't need to see the movie to know which direction it is going.

Freeza's "I never trained an ounce in my lift" BS is something even AT of the past wouldn't even imagine possible. 4 Months for Frieza to go from Millions to Quintillions is a stupid concept unless his training was for at least 2 years.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Prodigy isn't Freeza's reason, it is the old Akira Toriyama.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Cold Skin wrote:The chances of having the OST's titles revealed in the next few days is very slim.
Too bad, I like all the speculations about the plot that it can bring (remember all the crazy theories there were when there was this track named One More Saiyan for Battle of Gods).

Guess we'll have the full description of the movie next week without being able to guess from the tracklist first (the OST's release is more than a month away so they have a LOT of time to put those titles online).
The tracklist reveal for BOG was a lot of fun to speculate on. I'm also sad that it looks like we're not getting that this time.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:22 pm

GoldLiger wrote:Freeza's "I never trained an ounce in my lift" BS is something even AT of the past wouldn't even imagine possible. 4 Months for Freeza to go from Millions to Quintillions is a stupid concept unless his training was for at least 2 years.
And why is two years suddenly a lot better than four months? It's not like two years is a super long time either. And any assumptions on how much higher power levels go after Freeza's original arc are just that - assumptions. And all the more reason why focusing so much on power related things is just...boring, IMO.
Chuquita wrote:The tracklist reveal for BOG was a lot of fun to speculate on. I'm also sad that it looks like we're not getting that this time.
Same here, trying to predict what was going to happen based on the track list was a lot of fun.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:23 pm

GoldLiger wrote:I don't need to see the movie to know which direction it is going.

Freeza's "I never trained an ounce in my lift" BS is something even AT of the past wouldn't even imagine possible. 4 Months for Freeza to go from Millions to Quintillions is a stupid concept unless his training was for at least 2 years.
Now you're just making up battle powers.

I'd be surprised if Beerus and Whis reached the trillions, but it's irrelevant anyway as we don't have a measuring stick to access how much Freeza improved.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Someone already created a formula to find out how strong the characters of DBZ got by the time of the Buu saga. Using a simple math of using Goku's training during his trip to Namek as a base along with how much Gravity he trained under.