Dragon Ball Z Being Re-edited and Re-dubbed for HDTV

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sun May 10, 2009 9:19 pm

DemonRin wrote:There probably wasn't any censorship in that ep, so there isn't anything for the Haters to talk about
Awesome. I'm being labeled now! First a pedophile, and now a hater! I wonder what I can shoot for next? Masochist? Homicidal maniac? Closet rapist? Keep them coming--I love every minute of it! :D

no seriously stop that

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Let's not do either of the follow, please:

•Call others out, whether name or description.
•Make a description over one's thoughts about a Japanese children's cartoon personal.

Thanks,
Friendly Neighborhood Concerned Citizen
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm

I didnt say "Tweaker is a Hater".
But what do I call someone who hates Kai? Is there a PC term for a "Hater"?
"Those who have a general and intense dislike for Kai"?

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sun May 10, 2009 9:34 pm

I think it's hard to make a distinction between a "hater" (ie, the polar opposite of a "fanboy," defined as someone with unreasonable and unjustified hate for a particular piece of media) and someone with solid, justifiable dislike of the series. This is why I generally try and avoid using shallow terms like "fanboy" or "hater"--not only are they broad in what kind of people they're referring to, but they're malicious and intend to call groups of people out in a negative way. It feels very condescending, at least to me.

The reasons that people have to hate the show are entirely subjective, and will be considered reasonable or unreasonable by others; it's kind of pointless to judge other peoples' reasons for not liking something, as a result. We're not here to hate each other; we're here to express our opinions with a group of peers who share our interests. Let's try and keep it that way, huh? :)

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sun May 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Tweaker wrote:I think it's hard to make a distinction between a "hater" (ie, the polar opposite of a "fanboy," defined as someone with unreasonable and unjustified hate for a particular piece of media) and someone with solid, justifiable dislike of the series. This is why I generally try and avoid using shallow terms like "fanboy" or "hater"--not only are they broad in what kind of people they're referring to, but they're malicious and intend to call groups of people out in a negative way. It feels very condescending, at least to me.

The reasons that people have to hate the show are entirely subjective, and will be considered reasonable or unreasonable by others; it's kind of pointless to judge other peoples' reasons for not liking something, as a result. We're not here to hate each other; we're here to express our opinions with a group of peers who share our interests. Let's try and keep it that way, huh? :)
Tell that to the people who call me a Hypocrite for liking Kai

And I didn't mean it in any kind of condescending way.
I meant "Hater" as in "People who Hate Kai"

The reasons the people hate the show are also completely dependent on how reasonable they can be when it comes to censorship.
If they are reasonable enough to concede that Japanese standards have changed in the past 20 years, and no matter how much you may hate it, censorship is never going anywhere, then they can enjoy Kai.
If they're just completely unreasonable, and can't grasp the fact that the show NEEDED to get edited to get it onto Japanese TV, then they hate Kai.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sun May 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Who gives a fuck about Japanese tv standards.

1. You have given no evidence its something fdemanded by Fuji and not volunterred by Toei.

2. WHOEVER is responcible for the censorship is a shithead. Its asinine to censor a scene that aired twenty years ago.

I got my DBZ dvds. So I have no reason to accept Kai. People want to be conned by pastelle, washed outcolors and cropped pictures thats fine. As for cutting out the filler, I already have every volume of the comic. The filler is bonus material for me.

Not that it matters to Toei what an American watching on Youtube thinks. But it will matter for Funimation once they license it.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun May 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:1. You have given no evidence its something fdemanded by Fuji and not volunterred by Toei.
Do you have evidence they did?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun May 10, 2009 10:54 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Let's not do either of the follow, please:

•Call others out, whether name or description.
•Make a description over one's thoughts about a Japanese children's cartoon personal.

Thanks,
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
Fixed that for ya. Also, I think I'll follow Kai once it gets to the Freeza saga. it's not capturing my attention at the moment.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 am

B wrote:
Victator Supreme wrote:1. You have given no evidence its something fdemanded by Fuji and not volunterred by Toei.
Do you have evidence they did?
No idea either way.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 am

Victator Supreme wrote:Who gives a fuck about Japanese tv standards.
The people who don't want to be fined for not following rules.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon May 11, 2009 4:32 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Victator Supreme wrote:Who gives a fuck about Japanese tv standards.
The people who don't want to be fined for not following rules.
I think he was talking about the people who don't live in Japan.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon May 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Rod wrote:
Sonikero wrote:Hi.

I have a questions about how to see db kai whit a program. I was use Tvants
but this program not found yet. Could someone tell me a program to watch Kai?

Thanks you
Not sure if we're allowed to tell you, but check kanzentai.com, also TVAnts seems to have stopped working for a while now
Whats wrong with telling people???
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Mon May 11, 2009 6:16 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Rod wrote:
Sonikero wrote:Hi.

I have a questions about how to see db kai whit a program. I was use Tvants
but this program not found yet. Could someone tell me a program to watch Kai?

Thanks you
Not sure if we're allowed to tell you, but check kanzentai.com, also TVAnts seems to have stopped working for a while now
Whats wrong with telling people???
We're not supposed to help distribute bootlegs, but as I said I'm not sure if this falls under that category because it's airing live, and we're not actually keeping the copy and stuff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Tweaker wrote:
DemonRin wrote:There probably wasn't any censorship in that ep, so there isn't anything for the Haters to talk about
Awesome. I'm being labeled now! First a pedophile, and now a hater! I wonder what I can shoot for next? Masochist? Homicidal maniac? Closet rapist? Keep them coming--I love every minute of it! :D

no seriously stop that
Please don't rape my closet.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Mon May 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Tweaker wrote:

no seriously stop that
Had I not read that small text at the end of your post, I'd be calling you loco, amigo. :?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 13, 2009 4:17 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... l-27-may-3

Still in the top 10. Dropped down to 6, but its still beating out newly-animated shows and that's really impressive.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed May 13, 2009 11:52 am

As much as I currently don't care about Kai, I'm glad to see its success. Hell, I'm glad to see the success of anything Dragon Ball related. Here's to hoping it stays up there! :)

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sat May 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Damn! Gregory is back, oh well it was funny seeing Goku trash Kaio-sama's car.

Finally the Saiyajin are arriving

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Sat May 16, 2009 9:07 pm

It was a good episode. I was wondering if they'd keep Gregory or not(he was filler right?) but I'm glad they did. He's kind of cool. The only thing I didn't like was Baba being voiced by Mayumi Tanaka. She sounded just like Yajirobe.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sat May 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Strongbad456 wrote:It was a good episode. I was wondering if they'd keep Gregory or not(he was filler right?) but I'm glad they did. He's kind of cool. The only thing I didn't like was Baba being voiced by Mayumi Tanaka. She sounded just like Yajirobe.
Yeah he was filler, in the manga right after catching Bubbles they drink tea and Goku learns the Genki-Dama