Choices, choices, choices..

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Re: Choices, choices, choices..

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:39 am

RoarkVegeta wrote:OK.

So since the Dragon Box sets are coming out here, I have a choice to make.

GET:

These?

Or these?

Now, I really don't care about the aspect ratio. I just want the show. And the bricks are done. And Funimation may pull a 2006 on us. So...

WHAT DO I DO?!

PS: Wasn't sure where I should ask this. Mods or Mikey, lock this if it should go somewhere else or just doesn't belong. Plus, you guys are like what made my fandom reform, so I came and asked here :p.
If it's cost you want then the Orange Box might give you a good price. If it comes down to quality, you might want the English language Dragonbox. I would go with the Dragonbox if I had a little more money, but that's a problem for me. I don't have tons of cash on hand to buy things like that. I would have to buy it after finding a good price for it. Whatever you want is ok, so don't let anyone influence you any which way. You do what you want, although the Dragonbox is looking really cool to me right now.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 am

Well the Dragon Box is basically a perfect release.

Another thing to think about is we don't know which English audio tracks will be on the Dragon Box. As far as I know, there is one English track on the Dragon Box and it might do away with the English dub music altogether. The Season Sets still have it. You may not care about that, but just in case, who knows?

In the end, it is your decision after all. I got all the 4:3 DVDs they released, I got the Season Sets, and definitely getting the Dragon Box. But I know that not everyone can do that, so just pick your prioreties in what you're looking for. Also think about having the entire series as opposed to waiting probably a year if not more for the release of the entire series with the Dragon Box. And the price. Other than those factors, it's all about how you want to experience the show.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 am

Season sets will be most unreliable little dude.

The packaging is cheap and mine are already falling apart, the Dragon Boxes look like they'll be chipboard packages and therefore indestructible against the forces of nature!

Picture, sound quality, blah blah blah, Dragon Boxes!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:49 am

I'm struggling to understand how this thread is any different from the tons of other threads with either the exact same or similar topics.

You have all of the information available to you (through our site and others). We know as much as we currently know about FUNimation's upcoming "Dragon Box" sets, and you will have to do what you will with that information.

While people can offer suggestions about their own fandom, perspectives, loves, etc... no-one but *you* actually knows what it is you love and want, your financial situation, etc. Weigh the options and make a choice you're happy with. That's really all you can do.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:49 am

Hmm... You guys made it even more confusing :lol:.