In Neko Majin Z 5 is .....

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:12 pm

Just as I thought. Mike obviously is short for Mikeneko.

And - HOLY CRAP - that's the Neko Ma-jin in Dragon Ball Z 2 on PS2!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:32 pm

Finally! A link to NMM. I've been asking for this for a while but people seemed to ignore it.

I'm also looking for NM2.

Neko meeting Goku... Can't wait to see what will come of this.

Battle Damaged Goku

Re: In Neko Majin Z 5 is .....

Post by Battle Damaged Goku » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:54 pm

SSJ4 Aaron wrote:
Frobman wrote:On the front cover of NMZ5 had ............

SON GOKU!!!!!!
I wonder what wackyness Goku will do this time.
Eat food non stop?

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:24 pm

Caracal wrote:Finally! A link to NMM. I've been asking for this for a while but people seemed to ignore it.

I'm also looking for NM2.
Ok...now that should mean we have all of them except for NMZ5 and NM2 which I'm assumin' aren't translated.

It'd be neat of Daizex went back and did their own "Julian" translations and packed them up in a nice rar/zip or something. Then again that'd get pretty huge.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:59 pm

It would be nice if someone could send us actual print copies of the Monthly Shounen Jump issues they're contained in ^^;;. Then we'll talk :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:56 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It would be nice if someone could send us actual print copies of the Monthly Shounen Jump issues they're contained in ^^;;. Then we'll talk :P.
Isn't there any place online that the it can be ordered? You'd get one if it was only possible to find one... I don't think anyone has it yet for some reason, though... Otherwise there should've been some translated scans somewhere by now. :P

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:16 am

*reads and laughs away*

Ahh, Toriyama... still got it. This was funnier than the average Neko Majin chapter. And the drawings... oh, I love them.

...Yes...

Rainking187

Post by Rainking187 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:35 am

Metrite wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:It would be nice if someone could send us actual print copies of the Monthly Shounen Jump issues they're contained in ^^;;. Then we'll talk :P.
Isn't there any place online that the it can be ordered? You'd get one if it was only possible to find one... I don't think anyone has it yet for some reason, though... Otherwise there should've been some translated scans somewhere by now. :P
I found a place selling the January issue, http://www.thejapanshop.net/magazines/jump105.htm

It says it's in Florida, and my experience in buying japanese magazines and manga from places in the US is that they tend to get them quite a while after it's been released in Japan, so eventually this place should get the February issue as well.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:50 am

Ordered... >.>
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jimu00

Post by Jimu00 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:15 pm

I got my copy of this today as well. Very fast shipping, since I just ordered it on the 10th. NMZ5 is pretty good so far (at least the parts I can comphrehend). There's also a very interesting cameo in the beginning.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:29 pm

I'm torn between wanting to know who the cameo was of and not wanting to hear the spoilers before I read the chapter once its dubbed.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:18 am

Wow, one page!

'lo Legends
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 'lo Legends » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:08 pm

It feels kinda weird/odd how Toriyama doesn't seem to color the character's eyes white anymore...eh, but this doesn't have to do with anything, does it?

This chapter seems pretty awesome. Pretty soon, they could come out with a Neko Majin Tank...I would definitely have to buy one if they ever made one.
Random Fact: "If Freeza used a watering can on Piccolo, he would turn into a tree. FACT."

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:48 pm

Is that Shen with a beard!? :shock: :lol:

Hey, maybe Toriyama-sama should have had Luffy and Zoro on that ship instead :D
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:21 am

Right now, the Neko Majin series/mini-series is probably my favorite manga currently being published. Hopefully Viz gets it eventually and doesn't screw it up.

Yeah, I've noticed Toriyama's eye-coloring as well. It sometimes looks cooler than before, but I personally prefer his art style around 2000-ish, like in Sandland.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:01 am

Is it supposed to take that long to load or is it just because I have dial-up? ^_^;;
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:37 am

Must be the dial-up, took all of a second to load for me. ^.^;;

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:39 pm

I got it to work this time. It just took a little while.
Heh, shame it's only the first two pages. I was hoping the entire story would be there.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:19 am

The S wrote:Is that Shen with a beard!? :shock: :lol:
I never thought of that when I first saw it. Maybe it is him. But was Shen even his real name? I think Kami used it because of Shenlong/Shenron.
Hey, maybe Toriyama-sama should have had Luffy and Zoro on that ship instead :D
That is something I'd love to have seen.

And as far as Viz translating it, I to would love it if they took all the Neko Majin stories, translated them and released them in a Graphic Novel (can't get Shonen Jump over here). I'd defently buy it.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:55 am

Caracal wrote:
The S wrote:Is that Shen with a beard!? :shock: :lol:
I never thought of that when I first saw it. Maybe it is him. But was Shen even his real name? I think Kami used it because of Shenlong/Shenron.
Correct, it was because of Shenron.