Cutest Boys in Dragonball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Re: Cutest Boys in Dragonball

Post by TripleRach » Sun May 06, 2012 9:47 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:I also find it funny that this thread has suddenly gotten a lot more attention now that is distaff counterpart has been locked. I also also find it funny that this thread is behaving in a much more mature fashion than its distaff counterpart. I find this whole thing pretty funny, actually.
Well, this one is basically the minority thread, and the majority thread got way too much attention. I hope it was a wake up call, because we don't want to see anymore hormone explosions here (or in any other threads). I'm confident everyone knows how to be mature about these type of subjects.
-Rachel

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Be it in the cute girls topic, I'll be: ''Well, I'm not into cartoon titties, but.......''
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Soul » Sun May 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Insert No Homo joke here :D Or as said by LittleKuriboh's Yami: All of the homo!

Handsome? Eh, Trunks is obligatory.
Cute? Kid Goku and Kid Goten are adorable.

...But...no..no, nevermind. I won't post genderbent pictures.
:lol:

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Sun May 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Cell's Perfect Form, dat perfect face

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon May 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Speaking as a heterosexual man who is totally not into men....

Wait a minute, that's not right. Everyone else was doing it so I got confused.

As a lady who very much enjoys sexy men, I have to put Trunks at the top of the cuteness list. Long hair, with the ponytail, in his regular clothes. Not that he's not hot the rest of the time, but that's the top look for him, in my opinion.
Ah yeah, that's the stuff.

Like the original poster, I also love me some bishounen, so I have to agree that Zarbon is pretty cute. At least, before the transformation :P

Yamcha can also qualify, but only when he has the proper haircut. Bowl cut = no. Long wild hair = oh yeah
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Mon May 07, 2012 11:24 pm

When in the world was the above shot taken? Looks like it came straight out of an episode.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 pm

OzzyApu wrote:When in the world was the above shot taken? Looks like it came straight out of an episode.
It does look like it came out of the series but it never did that I can recall. and I watch the entire Z series at least once a year :P But I do remember that picture from a long time ago.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue May 08, 2012 12:34 am

Looks at Avatar that was changed less than 48 hours ago...

:lol:
The Time Traveller wrote:
Bussani wrote:Seriously, though, ridiculously cute pictures of Freeza just work for some reason. I'd be using them as avatars if this Emolga one weren't so loved.
Everyone can have one!
What monster have you just unleashed, TT?
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 am

Little Gohan is the type of cute that you/I would wanna hug forever and not let go.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue May 08, 2012 1:21 am

OzzyApu wrote:When in the world was the above shot taken? Looks like it came straight out of an episode.
It's a picture I've loved for years! In fact, for a time in the late 90s, this was the background image on my very first computer (running Windows 3.1...oh, those were the days). As for the original source, though, I still have no idea where it came from. No episode has a shot matching it, and I have a bunch of the guidebooks and art books, but I haven't seen it in any of those, either. Maybe some special promotional material? I got the scan from the bulma.nl website, but I don't remember seeing a source listed there (and I'm not able to access it at the moment, my browser keeps telling me the site might be harmful :/). If anyone knows where the image came from I would really like to know, because it's something I've wondered about for over a decade!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 am

Codarik wrote:Little Gohan is the type of cute that you/I would wanna hug forever and not let go.
Nobody can resist the cuteness that is Kid Gohan.

Though Cell was enjoying his little hug with Gohan a bit too much though. Silly Cell, Gohan is not a teddy bear.

Crap, now I have an idea for a fanfic called "Everyone Hugs Gohan".
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue May 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Gonstead wrote: Though Cell was enjoying his little hug with Gohan a bit too much though. Silly Cell, Gohan is not a teddy bear..
Lol, can I sig this?

Anyway, I'm surprised no one mentioned baby Trunks yet, especially his eye catcher with baby Gohan in the History of Trunks.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
Gonstead wrote: Though Cell was enjoying his little hug with Gohan a bit too much though. Silly Cell, Gohan is not a teddy bear..
Lol, can I sig this?
Yeah, go right on ahead.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Fin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fin » Tue May 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Have I mentioned that I am heterosexual today. :P (Okay, so I'm not, but it had to be said!)

Not sure how good my judgement of fictional dudes is, but I'd have to go with Trunks, Zarbon, 17, Blue, and 23rd tourny Yamcha off the top of my head. The Goten design from the Boo epilogue doesn't look too bad either.

Lord Eeyore Haw-Haw
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lord Eeyore Haw-Haw » Wed May 09, 2012 3:25 am

Insertclevername wrote:
Lol, can I sig this?

Anyway, I'm surprised no one mentioned baby Trunks yet, especially his eye catcher with baby Gohan in the History of Trunks.
Seconded. I squee whenever I see baby Trunks in the series, particularly in Kai, voiced by Colleen Clinkenbeard. So cute! (... Yeah... I'm particularly susceptible to adorable things...)

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Wed May 09, 2012 6:36 am

No love for GT!Goten? That's the only design of a guy in the whole of DB that realy fits somehow with my tastes in guys. He seems to keep the Saiyan-ness (the best saiyan haircut even IMO) and is at the same time wonderfully human.
Just take a look :):

The DB-bishies are for me something akin to a cruel parody of all the bishies in the world (Zarbon... Future Trunks - his clothes are great but his design... no... that's not it for me).

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 am

Tzigi wrote:No love for GT!Goten? That's the only design of a guy in the whole of DB that realy fits somehow with my tastes in guys. He seems to keep the Saiyan-ness (the best saiyan haircut even IMO) and is at the same time wonderfully human.
Just take a look :):

The DB-bishies are for me something akin to a cruel parody of all the bishies in the world (Zarbon... Future Trunks - his clothes are great but his design... no... that's not it for me).
He's alright looking. Just too casual and boring(?) in my opinion. :(
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Nikkolas
Regular

Post by Nikkolas » Wed May 09, 2012 8:21 am

I never once found Adult Goku that attractive except for one time.

His first Super Saiyan look is just amazing. He never looked half as hot when he transformed later on.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Wed May 09, 2012 3:57 pm

You know, the topic title kind of reflects the reason I don't particularly like the male characters in Dragon Ball in this sense. A lot of them are cute boys, and when it comes to eye candy, I prefer hot men. It's probably for that reason that I tend to gravitate towards western comics when it comes to fictional, attractive men as opposed to their Japanese counterparts. Dragon Ball may be, as the opening poster wrote, a sausage fest, but the art style still makes it difficult for me to view them as attractive when they're stacked up to, say, the average superhero.

That all said and done, I do like Tenshinhan a lot since he has a lot of physiological and personality traits I find attractive. He has a well sculpted body combined with perhaps the purest sense of nobility out of the entire cast. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something about someone who'd be willing to sacrifice everything for a selfless goal that just attracts me, especially when most girls prefer selfish, angsty heroes. I can't stand characters like that some... 98% of the time. I do think that baldness can be pretty attractive. So Tenshinhan gets a vote for me, due to both his appearance and personality.

Yamcha would have to get second place, especially with his long haircut. I'm kind of neutral about long hair -- whether or not I prefer it depends on the individual, but I adore it on Yamcha. He has a rugged appearance, something else I'm rather fond of. But he manages to balance that nicely with just a hint of that "pretty boy" appearance, but without going over.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed May 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Codarik wrote:Little Gohan is the type of cute that you/I would wanna hug forever and not let go.
Nobody can resist the cuteness that is Kid Gohan.

Though Cell was enjoying his little hug with Gohan a bit too much though. Silly Cell, Gohan is not a teddy bear.

Crap, now I have an idea for a fanfic called "Everyone Hugs Gohan".
The funny thing is that, counting the anime, Cell wasn't the only villain that hugged Gohan. I mean, Bojack really wanted to give the kid a hug. Broke his ribs and nearly split him in half. Now that's what I call a bear hug.

Anyway, you can count me in to the group of heterosexual males. I've always thought the Son boys as kids are pretty cute (especially Goten) and as men are good-looking.