What's the longest time you've ever watched DBZ for?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What's the longest time you've ever watched DBZ for?

Post by Cipher » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Jesus. The most I've watched in a row is probably an entire Dragon Box/season set disc, and even then I was so ashamed I threw up.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Maybe four episodes in a row. Can't handle anymore than that.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:24 pm

The most I have watched in a row is an entire Dragon Box disc (the 7 episode discs). When I would watch the Dragon Boxes, I would watch a disc a day. Anymore than 7 episodes during one sitting would be a bit much for me.

SM-dood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SM-dood » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Not Z, but once I watched 12 episodes of DBGT with my neighbors all in one day last summer. (We were watching the whole series, since I got the complete green-brick). Technically it wasn't in one sitting though, but that's only because at one point their mother came in and suggested we get outside and go swimming :P

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 am

I used to watch it for hours on the season sets back when I was first watching the series. I once tried to stay up all night watching the fight with Nappa I lasted up until 3-4 AM before I got too tired. One day I want to try and take another shot at it.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:45 pm

The longest I've ever watched anything Dragon Ball was just recently (earlier this year), after acquiring the last Funi DBox. I was just getting started with the Trunks/Android arc in my marathon, and I watched episode #118 ("That’s Earth, Papa… Freeza and his Father Strike Back") thru episode #126 ("Murderers Who Leave No Trace .. Which Ones Are the Artificial Humans?!"). It was a good day. I did absolutely nothing but watch DBZ.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:27 am

I've watched DBZ since 1991-92/93 'till 11, TV and then the Dragon Box Z many years later.

In terms of hours, I'd say a marathon of each Dragon Box Z to pack up the discs and all.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Akira
Regular

Re: Whats the longest time you'v ever watched DBZ for?

Post by Akira » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 am

Akumaito Beam wrote:
jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:
DHM211 wrote:I could stay awake for about 2 days straight.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Is that even humanly possible??
Day 3 is when the hallucinations start! Not fun times, especially if you're not preoccupied.
Heaven help you if you ever reach day 4, more intense hallucinations coupled with voices that aren't really there. Those of us with serious sleeping disorders have seen more than two days straight awake, and it is nowhere you want to purposely go, trust me.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

[SP]
Not-So-Newbie

Post by [SP] » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:05 am

kei17 wrote:I watched the entire series of Evangelion within a day,
Man, those 26 episodes probably would scare the crap out of me. Evangelion is one huge nightmare...
/offtopic

DHM211 wrote:I could stay awake for about 2 days straight.
I am with you there... In Australia, there is a fundraiser where you go 40 hours without something. My friends and I went without sleep... I went nocturnal after staying up that long...

My maximum amount of episodes would probably be about 5-7 episodes... I will get bored after a while, staring at the same show can sometimes get tiring...
I watched the first disc of YuYu Hakusho Season 1 yesterday in one sitting... I was at home, sick though...

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 am

With sleep breaks of course.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:19 am

Longest I have watched is 2 hours worth of episodes. :(
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:28 am

The longest I've watched DBZ in one sitting was probably back in 1998 or so. I had to make a copy of the Majin Boo saga for my friend on VHS. I started with the episode where Majin Boo hatches and ended with the episode where they kill his dog.

This is actually one of my fond DBZ memories, as sad as it sounds. I remember it was one of those really hot days where you would probably die if you played outside or rode bikes. I was inside watching the Majin Boo saga in my room with the AC on, surfing the primitive Internet. Ah to go back to those days... :D

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Longest was 3 weeks. From start of Dragon ball to GT.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:08 pm

kei17 wrote:I watched the entire series of Evangelion within a day
Oh god if anyone can watch more than one episode of that show without going crazy then you amaze me, I've only watched one episode of Evangelion (episode 22 because it was on AS when I happened to be tuned in) and after that I vowed to never watch anything related to that series again.

Getting back on topic the longest I've ever watched DBZ would have to be the entire first OB without breaks.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:26 pm

I did watch the entire Season 3 set in one day, though I didn't really pay constant attention.

Aside from that, I marathoned the entire Pilaf arc once.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:09 am

I can usually only go 4-5 hours at a time when it comes to watching any single cartoon or sequential series. (Though I can go for much longer with documentaries and such) I cap out with around 4-5 hours with Dragon Ball, and I believe that's my record. For most of the shows I watch, it's usually a 2-3 hour session anyway since I prefer to watch things on a television when my folks around around, since they hog it when they are. :lol: I think I have a record of about 7 hours straight from watching Transformers Prime, but that's a really unusual case.

I'm about the same with manga and comics. Dragon Ball I've probably read the most of in the shortest period of time, though I can go much longer with it. I think I managed to read around 8 volumes in one sitting while I was initially reading the series and it went on for around 8 hours, so about an hour a piece. One Piece would also come close, but no cigar. With American comics, though, I don't think I've sat down and read any one thing for 2-3 hours, though, but I usually just read one graphic novel at a time or an issue every week or so.

On the other hand, I can certainly stay awake and keep an attention span for other activities. I can play Pokemon for anywhere from 8-16 hours a day and stay up for more than a day when I don't have anything to do. I suppose I just have a short attention span for most things I'm not actively interacting with.