Terrible DB/Z/GT Bootleg

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Terrible DB/Z/GT Bootleg

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I take that this boxset is from Hong Kong? My Devilman DVD set is from Hong Kong and it has images of the Devilman OVA's on the back cover instead of the TV series.

The text is in Simplified Chinese. I pretty much doubt that is from Hong Kong.
Most likely Malaysian.
The world is your's.

dexterp

Post by dexterp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:40 am

The bootleg is Malaysian, it includes malaysian, english & chinese subs. It also includes the Cantonese dub, which is cool.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm

This art looks terrible.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:21 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Pardon me for not liking something that subverts the original intent. :roll: You can like the replacement logo all you want, but it wasn't the logo intended for the show when Toei made it, and therefore, isn't the logo of the show.
Logos get changed all the time when they are localized, even Japan does it. The Japanese logo for Red Dwarf looks nothing like the official logo, but it still graces their DVDs. Do they deserve scorn just because they aren't the logos the show creators made? The only thing the Japanese logo for the Transformers series has with the logo for the show is the colour gradient, but it's the logo you will typically see for such merchandise in Japan.

You would have a valid point with the packaging of the North American release of the Japanese Transformers series Masterforce and Victory, both of which have the Headmasters logo underneath their title.
If they didn't think they could sell the show with the original logo, they shouldn't have licensed it to begin with. It's not only a disgrace to me, but the author who designed it.
A disgrace to you? How is a perfectly find logo on a product which you have no intention of acquiring possibly a disgrace to you personally? As for the licensing thing, since Japan isn't immune to making changes, whether it is logos or character names or even chopping up footage and recombining them into entirely new episodes (or creating a plethora of clip shows for whatever reason), are you also saying they shouldn't license anything either?

What's next, if the DVD or Blu-ray cover art isn't exactly like the original, it's a personal disgrace that companies disrespected the original designer? Come on, there are better things to get offended about.