Mondo Cool

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: Mondo Cool

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:21 pm

ABED wrote:
or if it was invented by corporate executives to try and appeal to children
Is that really any worse than the crap that comes from "cool kids"?
These days, the only word people seem to use around here is "fuck". Now that is disappointing.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:90's anime dubs market to kids seem to make real life references. I remember Pokemon and Digimon did the same too. I hate how dubs like this would have DBZ make references to real life stuff when they live in a totally different world from us. Imagine watching a English dub of a movie like The Seven Samurai and they have make a reference to a cool song on a radio. It would make no sense even if they are trying to funny.
The Portuguese dub did this and it worked out just fine xD.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Quebaz wrote:The Portuguese dub did this and it worked out just fine xD.
It functioned for those who're still willing to take up that bs on a series which has absolutely no connection to it.

In comparison, the Portuguese dub was worse than the FUNimation Z dub though in the end they're both terrible nevertheless.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:40 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Quebaz wrote:The Portuguese dub did this and it worked out just fine xD.
It functioned for those who're still willing to take up that bs on a series which has absolutely no connection to it.

In comparison, the Portuguese dub was worse than the FUNimation Z dub though in the end they're both terrible nevertheless.
I meant people watching the show back when it aired, or if you prefer the term - casuals-. Of course fans like you and me notice it's out of place and get a bit annoyied.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr