DB/Western Comics crossover?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DB/Western Comics crossover?

Post by Dbzk1999 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Bullza wrote:They could have a storyline where one of the big Marvel villains like DR. DOOM travels into another reality and lands on DBZ's Earth then decides to steal the Dragon Ball's and wish for unlimited power or to rule the galaxy. Then the Avengers follow him and team up with the Z Fighters to put a stop to him.

It'd be a pretty standard storyline. You'd have to have some hero fights though because that'd mostly what readers would wanna see.

Goku vs Thor, Vegeta vs Hulk, Gohan vs Iron Man etc
FIXED

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Bullza wrote:They could have a storyline where one of the big Marvel villains like Ultron travels into another reality and lands on DBZ's Earth then decides to steal the Dragon Ball's and wish for unlimited power or to rule the galaxy. Then the Avengers follow him and team up with the Z Fighters to put a stop to him.

It'd be a pretty standard storyline. You'd have to have some hero fights though because that'd mostly what readers would wanna see.

Goku vs Thor, Vegeta vs Hulk, Gohan vs Iron Man etc
Dragon Balls are worthless, stronger things exist in the Marvel universe.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Mr.Judge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Judge » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: The Hulk, maybe, depending on the incarnation. He'd just piss off Thor, and get his head bonked off by Mjolnir.

any basis for this fan fiction where head will get bonked off by mjolnir and when the kienzan is more than enough to kill the entire avengers in one clean sweep.
mjolnir and storm breaker collison destroyed an planet sized machine while Gohan is guy who holds the power to lay waste the entire solar system.
thor is like a statue for master roshi and you are making statements of him being able to bonk off a guy's head who took a charged blast(more powerful than super perfect cell) from boo rite in his face.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Mr.Judge wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: The Hulk, maybe, depending on the incarnation. He'd just piss off Thor, and get his head bonked off by Mjolnir.

any basis for this fan fiction where head will get bonked off by mjolnir and when the kienzan is more than enough to kill the entire avengers in one clean sweep.
mjolnir and storm breaker collison destroyed an planet sized machine while Gohan is guy who holds the power to lay waste the entire solar system.
thor is like a statue for master roshi and you are making statements of him being able to bonk off a guy's head who took a charged blast(more powerful than super perfect cell) from boo rite in his face.
Can roshi escape a black hole?
Considering thor has been able to physically hurt galactus with his strikes, yes he should be able to bonk their heads off (IF and I mean IF he could hit them, and he HAS thrown mjolnir to the end if the galaxy before I believe)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Didn't we have something in Wizard Magazine as a crossover fight?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Attack on Titan at the moment is more popular then DBZ which is why we got a Marvel crossover.
Not really. But its the new hit and still ongoing. Dragon Ball and Naruto are animes/mangas more popular than AOT.
Besides, Marvel characters fighting titans fits better than fighting saiyans or ninjas.

Never before a manga got such a boost thanks to the anime. The manga this last months has been meh.
Great anime. Okay manga.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Dragon Balls are worthless, stronger things exist in the Marvel universe

That's besides the point. It's just an easy way to tie the two verses together and get the story going along.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm not sure about whether I'd like a DB/Western crossover, but there have been times in which I've found similarities between both DB and western comics characters. For instance, am I the only one who finds quite a few coincidences between Spider-Man's Green Goblin and Piccolo (starting from King Piccolo)?
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Bullza wrote:
Dragon Balls are worthless, stronger things exist in the Marvel universe

That's besides the point. It's just an easy way to tie the two verses together and get the story going along.
It is when the crux of the story is 'someone travels to another universe to get the dragonballs to get unlimited power or whatever.'
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 pm

It is when the crux of the story is 'someone travels to another universe to get the dragonballs to get unlimited power or whatever
I didn't say the villain would go there specifically for the dragon balls. He could just shown up in the DBZ verse by accident due to his own or someone else's actions. Once there he finds out about them and decides to use them for sinister purposes leading to an eventual team up in order to stop him.

It's not like it's gotta be overly complex.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Its best they stay separate. No matter how its done, one side is gonna be raging over someone being nerfed, op, etc. It would do more harm than good and would very likely just further divide the fanbases.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:15 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Didn't we have something in Wizard Magazine as a crossover fight?
There it is said SS Goku used a planet-destroying punch to knock out Superman. That could fit with current SS Goku though, but I still don't see even SSGod delivering that kind of punch. It is most like he could shatter mountains, disperse clouds, clean forests or split seas with the shockwaves.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:It could work in Marvel... Doctor Strange could astral project to other dimensions looking for a powerful hero to help fight a new enemy and find Goku. He'd get along well with Thor and Hulk.
The Hulk, maybe, depending on the incarnation. He'd just piss off Thor, and get his head bonked off by Mjolnir.
They both love to battle and eat massive amounts of food, so I'm pretty sure they'd get along. As for Mjolnir, with Goku's pure heart, I'm pretty sure he would be worthy of lifting it or grabbing and stopping it mid flight.

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:01 am

It's a shame that this is mostly about WHO FIGHTS WHO because there're so many awesome possible stories. Especially if you go outside the big two superhero comics companies, but even within those realms: Bardock story about the Saiyans doing a raid on Brainiac's planet samples.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:02 am

Keep this comic crossovers away from Mangas :sick:

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:06 am

Hell, I'd even take the early DB, pre-Roshi training gang running into the Idyllic Valley that Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone find themselves lost in upon their exile from Boneville. Bulma and Thorn would make a hilarious contrast, especially if you added Grandma Rose. Journey to the West with poop jokes meets Mickey Mouse Tolkein.

Like, literally anything but "AND THEN HE PUNCHES SUPERMAN'S HEAD"

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 am

ImmaDeker wrote:Hell, I'd even take the early DB, pre-Roshi training gang running into the Idyllic Valley that Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone find themselves lost in upon their exile from Boneville. Bulma and Thorn would make a hilarious contrast, especially if you added Grandma Rose. Journey to the West with poop jokes meets Mickey Mouse Tolkein.

Mr. Satan meets Dilbert?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:12 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
ImmaDeker wrote:Hell, I'd even take the early DB, pre-Roshi training gang running into the Idyllic Valley that Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone find themselves lost in upon their exile from Boneville. Bulma and Thorn would make a hilarious contrast, especially if you added Grandma Rose. Journey to the West with poop jokes meets Mickey Mouse Tolkein.

Mr. Satan meets Dilbert?
YES PLEASE.

Garfield as Dr. Briefs's new pet.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 am

ImmaDeker wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

Mr. Satan meets Dilbert?
YES PLEASE.

Garfield as Dr. Briefs's new pet.
I'm ok with this. And if the masses demand action, have Garfield's Pet Force get involved.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ImmaDeker
Banned

Post by ImmaDeker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:39 am

Pet Force was AWESOME.

You could do a reworking of the Super 17 saga to have Dr. Gero create the Mutinator.