Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: SSJ God Goku vs Superman Death Battle teased?

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:36 am

If they decide to do the fight (which I doubt will actually happen), and they decide to ask us for assistance again, I assure you that I will do everything in my power to make sure Goku loses again.

You're welcome! Take care!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:13 am

If they do the battle again, they will just take their numbers from last time and add the increase they think Goku got. Which still won't be enough to stand against Superman.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Will probably be a OMM with Goku winning.
VegettoEX wrote:If they decide to do the fight (which I doubt will actually happen), and they decide to ask us for assistance again, I assure you that I will do everything in my power to make sure Goku loses again.

You're welcome! Take care!
I knew it! You made this website just to gain the trust of the interwebz so that one day you could sabotage the battle between Goku and Superman. You've seceretly been a Superman fanboy this entire time. I applaud your sneakiness and foresight to start this site about a decade before deathbattle existed.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:07 pm

I have no real doubt that the result would change as Superman is in an entirely different league to anyone from the Dragon Ball franchise but the video was interesting and the fight they created was done really well so if anything I'd like them to do a rematch just to see another one.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Frankly, I'd rather see Super Saiyan God Goku fight Pegasus Seiya in his Pegasus God Cloth:

God form vs God form and all that (interesting note, the God Cloth does predate SSJ1 in creation).

But if we must go back to Goku vs Superman, they could always use a different Superman.

Like the New 52 Superman, or Earth 23 Superman, where he's kinda sorta Barack Obama, but with a different name. Or Earth 10, because Goku could totally fight Nazi Superman (Overman).

Bizarro might be fun, or the Cyborg Superman, or we could bring back Superboy Prime, because someone who can push a planet so fast it looks like it's teleporting and physically alter the center of the universe by such means would totally be a fair choice...
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:30 pm

From what I hear, Seiya > Most versions of Superman.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Super Saiyan God Goku vs Thor would probably be interesting.

Thor isn't very fast though.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Bullza wrote:Super Saiyan God Goku vs Thor would probably be interesting.

Thor isn't very fast though.
Meh, that's arguable. He's done some pretty fast stuff.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm not overly familiar with Thor to be honest. I know he can really get a move on when he "flies", faster than light even but I don't recall his combat speed being like Goku's or anything like that.

In the movies that was never shown to be the case and there was a Wolverine vs Thor comic a few years ago where Thor says Wolverine is "too fast".

Same kind of thing with the Hulk who Thor has gone toe to toe with, he's incredibly strong but he's fought Spider-man and not been able to land on him.

There might be examples that prove otherwise that I don't know of but as far I know he'd never land a hand on Goku.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Super Saiyan God Goku vs. God Spawn would be cool but it would be too one sided. God Spawn's feats and power scaling puts him above anything in the Dragon Ball franchise.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Bullza wrote:I'm not overly familiar with Thor to be honest. I know he can really get a move on when he "flies", faster than light even but I don't recall his combat speed being like Goku's or anything like that.

In the movies that was never shown to be the case and there was a Wolverine vs Thor comic a few years ago where Thor says Wolverine is "too fast".

Same kind of thing with the Hulk who Thor has gone toe to toe with, he's incredibly strong but he's fought Spider-man and not been able to land on him.

There might be examples that prove otherwise that I don't know of but as far I know he'd never land a hand on Goku.
Thor has managed to tag Quicksilver, can swing his hammer faster than light, and in JLA/Avengers, was able to give Superman "the toughest fight he's ever had." Thor severely handicaps himself when fighting people at a lower level than him. At full power, Thor is in a class with the stronger heralds of Galactus, and they are all FTL.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that Marvel/DC crossovers aren't canon. Either way, it hardly matters as people still argue Superman vs. Thor even though there was a crossover and they fought and Superman won. So in my opinion there's never a clear 'answer' to these kinds of hypothetical fights anyway.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I'm pretty sure that Marvel/DC crossovers aren't canon. Either way, it hardly matters as people still argue Superman vs. Thor even though there was a crossover and they fought and Superman won. So in my opinion there's never a clear 'answer' to these kinds of hypothetical fights anyway.
That particular is part of the main DC continuity (or at least the main one at the time.) A followup story deals with the fallout of the crossover.

"Canon" is also irrelevant here. The Thor of the crossover is clearly Earth 616 Thor, and to my knowledge, nothing says that the story isn't in the main continuity, as it doesn't contradict anything.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:02 pm

I'd much rather see SSJ God Goku take on Hulk. That would be kinda interesting.

I also second the idea of a top tier Saint Seiya character also taking on SSJ God Goku as well.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd much rather see SSJ God Goku take on Hulk. That would be kinda interesting.

I also second the idea of a top tier Saint Seiya character also taking on SSJ God Goku as well.
The Hulk's most likely stronger, but he doesn't have the skillset to take on Goku, especially since Godku can breathe in space and just blow up the planet.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'd much rather see SSJ God Goku take on Hulk. That would be kinda interesting.

The Hulk's most likely stronger, but he doesn't have the skillset to take on Goku, especially since Godku can breathe in space and just blow up the planet.
But... Hulk smash? Right? :P

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:

I doubt he can breathe in space.

Seeing as how Goku could go to the moon as a child, though it was a gag scene, and Bardock could fight with Freeza in space, even though it was just 2 panels, it seems to me that Saiyans can just hold their breath a lot longer than normal humans can (I'm sure Kuririn and the lot are able to do something similar as well). On Namek, when Goku was in the water, he was there for a while too.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:52 pm

I wouldn't pay Supermans comment about Thor any kind, it was just a throwaway line so not to make Marvels top dog look like a chump.

I remember Thor getting his ass handed to him by Red Hulk who was in turn beaten easily be some generic monster that lives in the sewers.
Last edited by Bullza on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Bullza wrote:I wouldn't pay Supermans comment about Thor any kind, it was just a throwaway line so not to make Marvels top dog look like a chump.

I remember Thor getting his ass handed to him by Red Hulk who was in turn beaten easily be some generic monster that lives in the sewers.
If you had continued that Hulk comic, Thor comes right back down, and beats the Red Hulk into a pulp within a couple of panels, with the Red Hulk telling the Hulk that the latter saved him by interrupting the fight. The Red Hulk was also seriously depowered after his initial few appearances.
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

I doubt he can breathe in space.

Seeing as how Goku could go to the moon as a child, though it was a gag scene, and Bardock could fight with Freeza in space, even though it was just 2 panels, it seems to me that Saiyans can just hold their breath a lot longer than normal humans can (I'm sure Kuririn and the lot are able to do something similar as well). On Namek, when Goku was in the water, he was there for a while too.
You're leaving out when he fought Beerus in space, and had a conversation with him as well, so he wasn't holding his breath.
Malik_DBNA wrote: