Are You Interested In Dragon Ball's Many Dubs?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Re: Are You Interested In Dragon Ball's Many Dubs?

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:14 am

I really like to learn about other dubs, i'm always on Youtube watching those multi-language videos.

Vorige Waffe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vorige Waffe » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:54 pm

One thing I'm interested in is the various English dubs of the franchise. Specifically, I really want to know about the various Filipino/South East Asian dubs of the series. I mean, there's the attempts from Creative Products Corps. had in dubbing (I believe?) the entirety of Dragon Ball and the beginning of Z. And the of course there's their dub of movies of 5 and 6, which sadly still continue to exist as 144p real media files that are basically unwatchable. I'd love to hear how they adapted the series, as least in the TV show. Oh, and let's not forget this bit of weirdness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZfPulNM3Ek

I'd also like to hear more of the Animax dub of DB. All we have are a couple of scenes from one of the actor's demo reel.

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Mon May 02, 2016 1:50 am

Indeed I am. I very much enjoy learning about the various voice-over, animation, & dubbing industries, especially outside the US, because, as you've noted before, we don't have much of a dubbing industry here. It's interesting to see how dubbing & localization is handled worldwide, & Dragon Ball is an especially successful show, with a rich history of worldwide success. It'd be interesting to see an informational video on the subject.