Why isn't Android 18 or Videl getting any attention?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: Why isn't Android 18 or Videl getting any attention?

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Nobody cares about them thats why. I don't think they even have a fanbase.

- Travis
This, I could care less for those 2 at all, besides saying that because they're females isnt exactly right, I mean Bulma's been pretty much all over the place and Vados is one of the most powerful being in the multiverse.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Why would they? What significance could they even have?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Faisal Shourov wrote:* Females
Um, Bulma?

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Unfortunately, 18 and Videl are at the end of the queue. If we go by what most fans seem to want, I think it's Gohan or F. Trunks first, then Beerus, then Hit and Cabba , and then Piccolo, and then the kids.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Nobody cares about them thats why. I don't think they even have a fanbase.
If you seriously think 18 and Videl don't have a fanbase you must be completely ignorant as to what's been going on in the Dragonball fandom over the last 20 years.

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:38 pm

I don't care much for Videl, but I would love to see more of 18. They could give her a filler episode where 17 visit with his family.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:56 am

precita wrote:
If you seriously think 18 and Videl don't have a fanbase you must be completely ignorant as to what's been going on in the Dragonball fandom over the last 20 years.
Blooma and Chi Chi are the only female characters who have a fanbase to speak of as far as i know. Maybe they have a fanbase but a very small one which nobody cares about.

- Travis

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:00 am

I suppose it's because it's only hardcore fan's that will buy sexy female figures, so they don't focus much on them in the anime, because the kids like seeing the males fight it out. An in story reason would be they are both busy raising their kid/family because if you think about it, Gohan and Kuririn get the same or even less attention now. Especially Gohan, I'm pretty sure he's the house wife in the family. Gohan even missed the tournament with U6 and was supposed to be training, but in that filler arc with Pan they completely ignored it like nothing changed.
Last edited by Xeztin on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:01 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Maybe they have a fanbase but a very small one which nobody cares about.
If they have a fan base to begin with, it's safe to say someone cares about them.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:17 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:
Blooma and Chi Chi are the only female characters who have a fanbase to speak of as far as i know. Maybe they have a fanbase but a very small one which nobody cares about.

- Travis
So you think that Videl and 18 have no fanbase, yet you think Chi-Chi is a popular character? What crazy shit are you smoking, dude?

Anyway the reason is because Toriyama has a bad habit of turning female characters into housewives even if it in no way fits their character. It's extremely annoying. Talk shit all you want about GT, but at least it made 18 cool again for the Super 17 arc. (Even though the arc still kinda sucked)

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:18 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:

- Travis
So you think that Videl and 18 have no fanbase, yet you think Chi-Chi is a popular character? What crazy shit are you smoking, dude?

Anyway the reason is because Toriyama has a bad habit of turning female characters into housewives even if it in no way fits their character. It's extremely annoying. Talk shit all you want about GT, but at least it made 18 cool again for the Super 17 arc. (Even though the arc still kinda sucked)

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:18 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:

- Travis

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:19 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:

- Travis

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:20 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:

- Travis

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:20 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:

- Travis

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:21 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:

- Travis

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 am

Sorry for the multiple posts. Site bugged out a bit for me. If a mod could delete the duplicate posts that'd be great. (Because I cant. :? )

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:26 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
precita wrote:

- Travis
First learn to respect somebody's opinion and second Chi Chi is a popular character in Japan.

- Travis

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:33 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote: Blooma and Chi Chi are the only female characters who have a fanbase to speak of as far as i know. Maybe they have a fanbase but a very small one which nobody cares about.

- Travis
First learn to respect somebody's opinion and second Chi Chi is a popular character in Japan.

- Travis
I'm not disrespecting anything dude. Besides, it's nothing to do with opinions at all. To say Videl and 18 aren't popular is simply factually wrong.

Also... Chi-Chi is popular in Japan? Uh.... Why? HOW?!
Last edited by TekTheNinja on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:36 am

ryou766 wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Maybe they have a fanbase but a very small one which nobody cares about.
If they have a fan base to begin with, it's safe to say someone cares about them.
Yeah you are right i take back my words there are fans who care about them. But in Super where major players like Gohan and Piccolo aren't getting much attention do you really expect Videl and 18 to get even the least bit of focus? I highly doubt it.

- Travis