"Super DragonBall Z" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:08 pm

kindertuin wrote:With the skill tree, can you get all the skills for one character (like the "breaktrough" capsule in budokai 3)?
Nope, unfortunately you can only have the one path of skills. If you ever want to try other skills, you can have the Dragon reset your character and regain the experience you spent or make a new character card.

-Corey

kindertuin
Beyond Newbie

Post by kindertuin » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:23 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
kindertuin wrote:With the skill tree, can you get all the skills for one character (like the "breaktrough" capsule in budokai 3)?
Nope, unfortunately you can only have the one path of skills. If you ever want to try other skills, you can have the Dragon reset your character and regain the experience you spent or make a new character card.

-Corey
Yeah i know, and i like the idea of this game, but i would have liked it if there was some kind of breaktrough (becuase i don't want to have 5 different goku's to have all his moves).

EDIT: does anyone knows how you can see how much you completed the game (in %)?

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:24 pm

I just completed the skill tree for Ultimate Gohan, and due to the path I took, the remaning square vanished. I've already inherited a move from Trunks, and wondered:
1. If I could inhert another move from another character, say Goku's Kame Hame Ha. So far only one of the three options is available in "Inheritance", so I'm assuming I can inherit a total of three moves at any one time. If so, how do I unlock the second and third option?
2. Assuming I can inherit a total of three moves, will I still be able to inhert more moves despite all the remaining box vanishing?

tigerwiccan

Post by tigerwiccan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:52 am

Caracal wrote:I just completed the skill tree for Ultimate Gohan, and due to the path I took, the remaning square vanished. I've already inherited a move from Trunks, and wondered:
1. If I could inhert another move from another character, say Goku's Kame Hame Ha. So far only one of the three options is available in "Inheritance", so I'm assuming I can inherit a total of three moves at any one time. If so, how do I unlock the second and third option?
2. Assuming I can inherit a total of three moves, will I still be able to inhert more moves despite all the remaining box vanishing?
I just inherited a move as Goku from Chi Chi, and I'm pretty sure it said that you have to forget any previous inherited move you had, so I think you can only have one at a time.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:44 am

Ahh right. So far I've only been able to inherit rush style moves and seen others inherit beam moves, making me wonder if you could inherit multiple moves, i.e. one rush, one beam etc. Thanks for that.

So does anyone know what the second and third inherit options are and how to unlock them?

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:32 pm

"I just completed the skill tree for Ultimate Gohan, and due to the path I took, the remaning square vanished. I've already inherited a move from Trunks, and wondered:
2. Assuming I can inherit a total of three moves, will I still be able to inhert more moves despite all the remaining box vanishing?"

To be able to inherit a move or a skill from a character, you need to complete their skill tree first. I assume you've done all your skill inheriting via wishes up until now, so after you complete a character's skilltree, you can fill their exp bar up for one more level. After you do that, go into customize mode and pick the 3rd option. Then pick a character card with a completed skilltree you want to inherit a move from, and you get a choice of inheriting a specific move or a skill from them.

As for the inheritance page on the wishes, the first slot always contains a random character move you can choose to inherit, the second option is for obtaining Rougafuufuuken and the third option is for obtaining Bakuhatsuha.

To unlock the ability to wish for Rougafuufuken, you first need to inherit a move or a skill from another character via the Customize menu first, and to unlock the ability to wish for Bakuhatsuha, you need to get a draw with that character in any mode, including VS, so that part should be simple enough.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:12 pm

AnotherGamer wrote:As for the inheritance page on the wishes, the first slot always contains a random character move you can choose to inherit, the second option is for obtaining Rougafuufuuken and the third option is for obtaining Bakuhatsuha.
I just wanted to say... thank you for using "Bakuhatsu-ha". As opposed to "Flame Piller", I actually know what that means and who it relates to :P.

What's kinda tedious is yeah... you have to go and build up a few other characters to a pretty good level before you start inhereting some good skills from your other custom characters. I mean, it makes for interesting replay value and forces you to become familiar with other characters, but it's still somewhat monotonous at times.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:12 pm

If you want a quick way of leveling characters, set rounds to 1, go to vs mode, pick 2 characters you want to level, set your handicap to maximum and the other character's to minimum and then just keep kicking their ass. It takes around 51 fights to get 5 bars of exp for the asskicking party (since the character taking tbe beating will get less exp) , which is what most of characters can hold as a default for having a skilltree where you can pick as many as that moves and skills per path.

Shame you have to refill the exp bar manually to reinherit stuff if you want to reset your skilltree with a wish.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:52 pm

For some reason, with inherited moves which I get from Shenron, I can't exacute them. :shock: I have no problems with any of the other moves, but no matter what move I inherit, I can never exacute it.

Am I just pathetic, or do I have to be at a certain distance for these moves to work? :(
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:00 am

The command for them is H+J, which can be mapped to a button and executed that way.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:22 pm

AnotherGamer wrote:The command for them is H+J, which can be mapped to a button and executed that way.
Ooh, much thanks. :P

Eh... To anyone who knows, how do you exacute Piccolo's "Maou Rebirth Ranbu"?

At least that's the American name. I'm pretty sure by the icon that it makes Piccolo go "Super Namek." The description is: Rush in and make a series of attacks. And if you tap the button..?

:oops: But, I mean, I look at the move, and it looks like a star and the square and triangle button together. :shock: I can't even see the + pad! Do I use the joystick?

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:51 pm

"Eh... To anyone who knows, how do you exacute Piccolo's "Maou Rebirth Ranbu"?"

Answer already given at http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... &start=120

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:57 pm

AnotherGamer wrote:"Eh... To anyone who knows, how do you exacute Piccolo's "Maou Rebirth Ranbu"?"

Answer already given at http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... &start=120
Heyas:

Can you please use the quote feature when you're quoting another member? The correct way to do it is surround the OTHER person's comments with the
&
tags. You type your own comments after that. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:04 pm

AnotherGamer wrote:The exact motion for Maou Rebirth Ranbu is b, f, db, u, df, b, f+2P, but that thing is hard as hell to pull of on command. Instead, try b, hcb, ub, u, uf, f, df, b, f+2P or a partial clockwise 720 motion starting from b, continuing with 1½ spins and ending in f+2P.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this. :oops: Like, what button is "b" on a PS2 controller? I'm not "1337". Please forgive my "n00b"ness!

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:13 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Heyas:

Can you please use the quote feature when you're quoting another member? The correct way to do it is surround the OTHER person's comments with the
&
tags. You type your own comments after that. Thanks!
K, didn't pay attention, sorry.
veshira wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this. Like, what button is "b" on a PS2 controller? I'm not "1337". Please forgive my "n00b"ness!
Generic fighter terminology.

f=forward, towards the opponent
b=back, away from opponent
u=up
d=down
qcf=quarter circle forward, d, df, f
qcb=quarter circle back, d, db, b
hcf=half circle forward, b, db, d, df, f
hcb=half circle back, f, df, d, db, b
dp=dragon punch motion, f, d, df
rdb=reverse dragon punch motion, b, d, db
360=full circle spin, can start from any direction unless otherwise specified
720=two full circle spins, can start from any direction unless otherwise specified

Those're the major ones.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:14 pm

veshira wrote:
AnotherGamer wrote:The exact motion for Maou Rebirth Ranbu is b, f, db, u, df, b, f+2P, but that thing is hard as hell to pull of on command. Instead, try b, hcb, ub, u, uf, f, df, b, f+2P or a partial clockwise 720 motion starting from b, continuing with 1½ spins and ending in f+2P.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this. :oops: Like, what button is "b" on a PS2 controller? I'm not "1337". Please forgive my "n00b"ness!
Either on your Directional Pad or Analog.
b=Back
f=Forward
u=Up
df=Down forward
db=Down back

EDIT: Never mind

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:50 pm

AnotherGamer wrote:Generic fighter terminology.

Those're the major ones.
Thank you so much! That's a ton of help to me. :P

And Sebastian, thanks for the effort. :D

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:31 am

I'd really, really, really like to know what Vegeta's alternate costumes are.

Please say that his "Bad Man" shirt is available... Please...
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:40 pm

Unfortunately not, just the Saiyan saga armor with a scouter. Although at least Krillin has the Namek saga outfit instead of the Buu one he always gets...

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:37 pm

I own the game.. and yet... The manual says barely anything
Is BP just for ranking? Or will my attacks actualy be stronger if I have a higher BP?
And what about the BP and EXP bonuses in the survival roulette? Are those a flat boost, or some kind of multiplier that applies to one or all battles?

And a minor thing, In the english version there's a wish that changes your name to something in Japaneese... what does that do in the japaneese version?
[url=http://phred.thegreatbeyond.net]Comix Productions[/url]