Are Caulifa and Kale popular characters? What is the general consensus?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Are Caulifa and Kale popular characters? What is the general consensus?

Post by Kanious » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Yes, they are both popular and controversial.

I personally love them. After Vegeta and Goku they became my favorite characters from the entire franchise, and I would love to watch a spin-off series about the U6 saiyans.

I always hated Broly, but Kale is interesting, specially for the fact the she is having some character development, and has some personality.

I not only want to see the next 2 episodes dedicated to them, but also i want to see MORE of the "Kefla" in this ToP.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah they are pretty divisive character but there not that hated when compared to Ribrianne.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Spider-Man wrote:Yeah they are pretty divisive character but there not that hated when compared to Ribrianne.
Just from the internet only, Ribrianne seems to be the only new character introduced this saga who gets overwhelming hate. I don't see that kind of hate from Caulifla, Jiren, Kale, Toppo, or Dyspo for example.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Quite a mixed bag as far as I can tell. Caulifla has many fanboys, and you see her as the avatar of users in different websites, but she also has many detractors, specially once she turned super saiyan 2. Kale had fans when the teaser for the ToP came out, then detractors once she came onscreen, though she's been winning a few of them over since her development behan to kick in. Also the avatar of a few users.

Caulifla as for me I liked her at first. I liked her design since it fit well with her punk personality, having a wild mess of a hair as well a baggy pants that remind of me those douchebros from high school. I also liked her personality since I have a cousin that was a complete tomboy and quite assertive with others, and there haven't been many tomboy-type characters in Dragon Ball, not since Videl before she settled down at least. However, what made me turn around and dislike her (or the decisions about the character) somewhat was that she was handed down transformations with silly explanations and little anticipation. Her personality also started to become grating for me as there is only so much that I can take from an arrogant skank. It would have been better for me if they had Caulifla already be a super saiyan before first appearing, which could have justified her arrogant personality. I still haven't got to like her again like I used to at first.

Kale is the opposite. I already disliked Broly due stupid characterization in his second movie and massive overhype from his fanbase despite his good design and moveset, and I never wanted non-canon movie characters becoming canon at all, so the very existence of Kale was irritating. Turns out she was half-Broly because when she's not transformed, she acts closer to kid Gohan, but strangely comes of as more annoying than he was. Even more so, unfortunately, while transformed, she was nothing but a mountain of Broly homages that were overall worse than Broly himself. However, once she gained her controlled transformed state, most of the Broly homages were dropped and she acted less like kid Gohan while not transformed. Kale finally began as a character for me, becoming more confident and showing some interesting fighting ability and even a bit of strategy while tag teaming with Caulifla. What I still don't like about her is that her unique transformations haven't been explained yet. Maybe she could be mutated, or was kidnapped for a wicked scientific project that Caulifla had to save her from.

Just for a bonus, Ribrianne, probably the most hated here. Like with Caulifla, I used to like her at first. I found the contrast of her normal state (Brianne de Chateau) and her transformed state (Ribrianne) to be stupidly hilarious, and her bragging about love while being a ridiculously ugly Teletubbie made it funnier, specially after killing the drag queens from episode 91. The problem was that not enough quirks were introduced ever since her first appearance, relying on the same ones while getting unnecessary attention on several episodes, and despite being a key player for U2 (not the band), her performance got worse as the tournament progressed, from putting up a fight with 17 to getting kicked by Goku and Vegeta without effot. It seems that there are plans for her as she began to doubt herself and hasn't appeared for two episodes, so I hope that it leads to redemption.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:Yeah they are pretty divisive character but there not that hated when compared to Ribrianne.
Just from the internet only, Ribrianne seems to be the only new character introduced this saga who gets overwhelming hate. I don't see that kind of hate from Caulifla, Jiren, Kale, Toppo, or Dyspo for example.
My initial thought is that Ribrianne is so heavily a sailor senshi parody that unless you've seen at least several episodes of the 90's Sailor Moon series that you're not gonna get the joke. Sure she fights like a precure, but again at large there isn't that much crossover audience base between Super and Precure (minority am I; I watch both).

And then there's also the subgroup who probably don't like her because she's overweight in her transformed state. My bet is this group would like her more if Ribrianne was still a healthy weight like her Brianne is.

I like Ribrianne because I like 90's Sailor Moon and Toei's Precure series (though some more than others) and it's entertaining to see Toei parody themselves. It doesn't matter that she's overweight; she's got the throwback magical girl spirit.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:

My initial thought is that Ribrianne is so heavily a sailor senshi parody that unless you've seen at least several episodes of the 90's Sailor Moon series that you're not gonna get the joke. Sure she fights like a precure, but again at large there isn't that much crossover audience base between Super and Precure (minority am I; I watch both).

And then there's also the subgroup who probably don't like her because she's overweight in her transformed state. My bet is this group would like her more if Ribrianne was still a healthy weight like her Brianne is.

I like Ribrianne because I like 90's Sailor Moon and Toei's Precure series (though some more than others) and it's entertaining to see Toei parody themselves. It doesn't matter that she's overweight; she's got the throwback magical girl spirit.
Not really most people hated Ribrianne because she is annoying and many people think that she has overstayed her welcome.
    I don't hate Ribrianne she is pretty funny but I hate how the writer are handling her.

RedHeat
    Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:13 pm

There's no actual way to tell how popular a certain character is, even with merchandise 'cause Raditz and Sorbet (okay, maybe not Sorbet) gets stuff like statues, stickers, spots in games, etc..

The closest you can get would be an official poll or something like that.
    Feels over Reals.

BWri
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:19 pm

precita wrote:We've now seen enough of Caulifa and Kale that we know where they stand in the fandom. For the most part they seem to be the two "breakout" characters of this tournament, similar to what Hit was to the U6 tournament. Even the main antagonist Jiren has not received as much hype from the fandom other than "the guy Goku has to beat."

But what is the general opinion here and in the Japanese fandom? Are Caulifa and Kale popular and well received characters or are they not? It's hard to judge.
    Seems like a 50/50 deal to me based on what I've seen here and on the parts of the internet I haunt. It's similar to Ribrianne and the Kamikaze Fireballs but now it seems like Ribrianne has become more hated with the additional screen time whereas Caulifla and Kale are being more liked or neutral. I myself started out absolutely hating Kale and Caulifla, but as the writing of them is starting to get more competent, so too has my opinion of them as characters, though overall there still seems to be a lot of hate for them, which is understandable given their botched introductions.
    Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Asura wrote:
    amuroray wrote:
    namekiansaiyan wrote:The controversy around them comes from Toei trying to force them on to fans and ignoring other characters.
    Got it.

They giving them waaay to much spotlight for some reason.
    Ehh... Kinda but not really? The last time they did anything were episodes 100 and 101 which were 12/13 episodes ago. They've barely been in any episodes for more than 30 seconds since then until this episode.

3 episodes in a row to focus on them does seem like a bit much though.
    It is when Piccolo and Gohan still haven't gotten a single full episode devoted to themselves in this tournament. The U6 female saiyans are closer to being protagonists than those two at the moment. Comparatively, Piccolo has only had one full fight on screen that's lasted max 30 seconds, and finally he and Gohan have had a decent skirmish with the two Namekians recently, for again, about 30 seconds. In the grand scheme of things Piccolo might get his own episode with the Namekians, but then you have to compare that with the 5 or 6 or even more that focus on these universe 6 lady Saiyans and you see the definite imbalance.
    Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
    Chuquita wrote:

Not really most people hated Ribrianne because she is annoying and many people think that she has overstayed her welcome.
      I don't hate Ribrianne she is pretty funny but I hate how the writer are handling her.
      Jigurashi wrote:Just from the internet only, Ribrianne seems to be the only new character introduced this saga who gets overwhelming hate. I don't see that kind of hate from Caulifla, Jiren, Kale, Toppo, or Dyspo for example.
      BWri wrote:
      precita wrote:We've now seen enough of Caulifa and Kale that we know where they stand in the fandom. For the most part they seem to be the two "breakout" characters of this tournament, similar to what Hit was to the U6 tournament. Even the main antagonist Jiren has not received as much hype from the fandom other than "the guy Goku has to beat."

But what is the general opinion here and in the Japanese fandom? Are Caulifa and Kale popular and well received characters or are they not? It's hard to judge.
      Seems like a 50/50 deal to me based on what I've seen here and on the parts of the internet I haunt. It's similar to Ribrianne and the Kamikaze Fireballs but now it seems like Ribrianne has become more hated with the additional screen time whereas Caulifla and Kale are being more liked or neutral. I myself started out absolutely hating Kale and Caulifla, but as the writing of them is starting to get more competent, so too has my opinion of them as characters, though overall there still seems to be a lot of hate for them, which is understandable given their botched introductions.
      Honestly I think the Hate for Caulifa and Kale has been Far Worst and maybe the worst for any characters of this arc sadly more then Ribrianne or the Fireballs.

That is not a good thing to see indeed but the amount of stingers that were against Caulifa and Kale have been around for a longtime and far more harsh sadly cause IMO much of the dislike is because of the Back-Tingle feeling and the changing of the Mythos to the SSJ around for many that was important in its struggle to gain. Now Honestly I DON'T care much about this, the whole power-up thing has never been a big deal to me, so I don't let this hold it against Caulifa and Kale or Cabba for that matter, I get they are different Genetic Sayians from a different Universe.

But the dislike for Caulifa and Kale IMO has been the worst in super on the net sadly, but as I said before I don't take the net seriously as the Be-All-End-All of Opinions and Futures of characters in any medium.

The Good Thing is that latest episode, #113 seem to help abit for Caulifa and Kale, so that I am happy about but I am not to sure how far it went with detractors or others that where cold to the girls for a longtime now or the fusion. I think Caulifa and Kale will always have groups of fans that dislike them, but it is the same with any character in DB or any Medium, they all had detractors.

But I think as long as Toei continues to do right with the Story for Caulifa and Kale like they did in 113, they will change more opinions on the net of fans towards the Girls side. I feel this is the Way for ALL the New Characters in the ToP Arc, we need to give Toei time to tell the story, it is not finished until it is done with, the Arc.

Same with Ribrianne Detractors, I feel a great upsurge in character development is going Ribrianne's way after episode 111 and if written well it will do the same-thing, fans just need to give the storytellers.........well.........TIME to tell the story, it is as simple as that.
      --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
      Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
      Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
      My #1 in DB!
      :thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
      http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Cabba
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Hopefully they dont tarnish Ultra Instinct by pitting it up against Kefura
      DBS would right all wrongs done with Kales introduction for the sake of fan service if Kefura fights SSB Goku at best. SSG preferably

MozillaVulpix
      Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:51 pm

I personally think it's rather dumb to blame certain characters for 'taking screentime' away from others. Blame the writers for putting emphasis on the characters they enjoy less, but not the characters themselves. This tournament can go on for as long as anyone wants and can be structured in whatever way they want - it's not like putting in Caulifla and Kale means they're deciding to give the Androids or Gohan or Piccolo less screentime. The same goes for Hit and Ribrianne.

But in terms of my opinion, I like Caulifa. I think she's a breath of fresh air from Tarble and Cabba and the other righteous, mild-mannered Saiyans who for some reason have an attachment to Vegeta. I don't really like Kale because I never really feel her motivations and personality make complete sense. If she's timid and has a lack of self-esteem, why is she in a gang? If she's scared of fighting, why does she choose to fight in a tournament? If she can control her berserk form in 101, why doesn't she use it all the time? What even is her berserk form in the first place? Is she actually gay for Caulifla, or is it just subtext? We've seen her since about Episode 91, 92, and I still don't fully understand her character besides the really blatant Broly homages. And the Broly homages were pretty unbearable if you never liked Broly in the first place.
      I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Cabba
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
      To be fair, ribrienne was designed to be hated so many reasons of the top of my head
      1 She goes from a beautiful maiden to a Teletubbie looking fat ass
      2 Her gimmicks and quirks are annoying but what makes them worse is that she doesnt just use them occasionally (like Toppo for example) but they represent 100% of her persona, the love gimmick, she has no personality beyond this, which makes her difficult to relate. I personally see her as an annoying gag character because of this
      3. Last but not least, her forced screen time. Shes taken up precious screen time, when other more interesting characters could have used it, people resent this. All of her appearances were boring and a drag to watch except for her getting kicked to the curb by SSB Goku and rolling like a bag of potatoes to Jirens fit. Thats likely the only fun i had watching her character

With Kale and Cauli even if you dislike them at least the episodes when they are in are fun to watch, even if its just mindless fun
      MozillaVulpix wrote:I personally think it's rather dumb to blame certain characters for 'taking screentime' away from others. Blame the writers for putting emphasis on the characters they enjoy less
      This is a great point, and one of the reasons why people hate ribrienne
      When writers force these annoying characters viewers resent the character not the actual writer so it creates further hate to an already hated character
      Look at Rozie for example, she is pretty damn annoying as well but she doesnt get nowhere near as much screen time as Ribrienne therefore she doesnt get nowhere near the same amount of hate
      Last edited by Cabba on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verse

Post by Verse » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:58 pm

I had a small list of things I felt Dragon Ball needed in order for me as a longtime fan of the series to enjoy it if it were to ever come back, and one of those things that was a major Must-have was a female Saiyan warrior. Bonus points awarded if she obtained Super Saiyan. I was gifted two. Therefore I am more than fine with their inclusion.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote: Honestly I think the Hate for Caulifa and Kale has been Far Worst and maybe the worst for any characters of this arc sadly more then Ribrianne or the Fireballs.

That is not a good thing to see indeed but the amount of stingers that were against Caulifa and Kale have been around for a longtime and far more harsh sadly cause IMO much of the dislike is because of the Back-Tingle feeling and the changing of the Mythos to the SSJ around for many that was important in its struggle to gain. Now Honestly I DON'T care much about this, the whole power-up thing has never been a big deal to me, so I don't let this hold it against Caulifa and Kale or Cabba for that matter, I get they are different Genetic Sayians from a different Universe.

But the dislike for Caulifa and Kale IMO has been the worst in super on the net sadly, but as I said before I don't take the net seriously as the Be-All-End-All of Opinions and Futures of characters in any medium.
      And you shouldn't as long as you have a working brain of your own. As you probably already know, I've been a constant fan of Ribrianne and the Fireballs since they were first introduced so it wouldn't surprise me if they were still less hated than Kale and Caulifla. Kale and Caulifla were initially (and still are to some degree) just a bag of old DBZ tricks slapped onto female characters and so I found them boring compared to the Fireballs who all brought new techniques, personalities, and transformations. Perhaps a lot of people feel the same way I do. That said, the writing lately hasn't been very favorable for Ribrianne (tho i still find her entertaining) while it's gotten better for Kale and Caulifla (Kale is slowly becoming her own character now instead of a pile of Broly references with trending anime girl personality tropes). I think, now that the ToP is less crowded, that most of the remaining characters will get better treatment. And hey, Rozie is still in their as well!
      The Good Thing is that latest episode, #113 seem to help abit for Caulifa and Kale, so that I am happy about but I am not to sure how far it went with detractors or others that where cold to the girls for a longtime now or the fusion. I think Caulifa and Kale will always have groups of fans that dislike them, but it is the same with any character in DB or any Medium, they all had detractors.

But I think as long as Toei continues to do right with the Story for Caulifa and Kale like they did in 113, they will change more opinions on the net of fans towards the Girls side. I feel this is the Way for ALL the New Characters in the ToP Arc, we need to give Toei time to tell the story, it is not finished until it is done with, the Arc.

Same with Ribrianne Detractors, I feel a great upsurge in character development is going Ribrianne's way after episode 111 and if written well it will do the same-thing, fans just need to give the storytellers.........well.........TIME to tell the story, it is as simple as that.
      Yeah, you're right about that. I can include myself in that category too. It's tough to be patient week to week and it's even tougher to have good faith in Toei and Toriyama-san when they have at times disappointed us with their storytelling decisions or lack of them. I am also hopeful for that Ribrianne character development. She seemed to have discovered her resolve in episode 111. Can't wait to see where that takes her! Can't wait to see what the story holds for all the remaining participants!

Cabba
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Torturephile wrote: It would have been better for me if they had Caulifla already be a super saiyan before first appearing, which could have justified her arrogant personality. I still haven't got to like her again like I used to at first.
      This, so much this
      I wrote something similar to this a while back, their introduction was fucked. They should have introduced Kale and Cauli as some seasoned Saiyan warriors who already achieved SS2+/LSS, sadly Cabbas introduction back in U6 arc fucked them by being ignorant about SS transformations.

Cauli was introduced as some punk with lil combat experience outside of turf wars then all of sudden she gets all these boosts for plot convenience. Kale is worse: she is a complete amateur that all of sudden learned how to cry which triggers this powerful SS capable taking blows from SSB. This type ass pulls shits on previously loved sagas like Namek, shits on a God form and takes importance away from it

I feel they could fix this somewhat if they pin Kefura against SSB at best or hopefully SSG in their fight against Goku. This would bring back some much needed sense

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:15 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:I personally think it's rather dumb to blame certain characters for 'taking screentime' away from others. Blame the writers for putting emphasis on the characters they enjoy less, but not the characters themselves.
      It's easy to conflate the writers, bad writing, and Kale and Caulifla all in one due to how the characters have been handled so far. The writers write Kale and Caulifla, initially two very horribly written characters with little new to bring the series other than their gender/genetics combo and vague relationship (IMHO) then they give them them all this screen time, more than fan favorite characters. When something that doesn't interest you is on a show for far longer than you want to see, you tend to resent that thing is some way, especially when the promise of seeing something favorable is always there. Thus we get perfectly reasonable resentment for the offending characters, the writers and/or executives who decided to put them on screen for so long, and bad writing.
      Cabba wrote:
      Torturephile wrote: It would have been better for me if they had Caulifla already be a super saiyan before first appearing, which could have justified her arrogant personality. I still haven't got to like her again like I used to at first.
      This, so much this
      I wrote something similar to this a while back, their introduction was fucked. They should have introduced Kale and Cauli as some seasoned Saiyan warriors who already achieved SS2+/LSS, sadly Cabbas introduction back in U6 arc fucked them by being ignorant about SS transformations.
      Same thing I keep saying. All they really had to do was have Cabba reach out and teach them far before the 48 hours before the tournament started. If he reached out a little after the U6 tourney, it would've been perfect. Would've been the perfect development for Cabba too. Thusly, their intro was horribly botched.
      Last edited by BWri on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drellz26
      Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:18 pm

What I’ve realized after 113 is that Caulifla is unsavable. No matter what she does, a large portion of this fan base will never forget the words “back tingles” being on their screen and that has blinded them from seeing ANY positives with her or Kale. I really like them both more with each episode they are focused in, especially Kale because every episode she’s less a Broly. Yesterday showed that Caulifla is nowhere near the OP level her haters try to say she is at and the complaints are STILL large, it doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t think everyone should like her but I really think the hate is blind and has gone too far.

There is a lot of revisionist history as well. From the second she was mentioned, we were told Cauli had the most potential out of the Saiyans and that she was stronger than Cabba too I believe(not a fact, I’ll have to check). People are mad at her growing skills but it’s not a shock.

Then I think back to her getting SS2 and how they could’ve easily just said if Caulifla did nothing then Kale would’ve killed Cabba. It looked as if she turned SS2 out of fear, on accident, and that’s why she couldn’t do it again until Goku assisted. But that’s not officially said so of course everyone doesn’t share my view.

The writers are to blame for the polarizing options from the start but since the tournament started, I’ve really enjoyed and seen growth out of both.

Tombstone1988
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Yeah, they are definitely divisive characters. The big problems were the introductions and episode 100. Kale and Caulifla's introduction was very rushed, in terms of both characterization and progression. Unlocking Super Saiyan in such a short period of time with "back tingles" was not the smartest move on Toei's part. Kale spending half of episode 100 shouting "Son Goku" as she poorly reenacted Broly scenes was also a disaster. The two were not handled all that well initially.

They have had better development recently, though. Kale has managed to go entire episodes on-screen without her over-the-top Broly gig. Caulifla has gotten to show a bit more characterization. There's improvement, so it's not all bad for the two girls.
      "If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
      (Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:55 pm

BWri wrote:
      CJStriker_CBR wrote: Honestly I think the Hate for Caulifa and Kale has been Far Worst and maybe the worst for any characters of this arc sadly more then Ribrianne or the Fireballs.

And you shouldn't as long as you have a working brain of your own. As you probably already know, I've been a constant fan of Ribrianne and the Fireballs since they were first introduced so it wouldn't surprise me if they were still less hated than Kale and Caulifla. Kale and Caulifla were initially (and still are to some degree) just a bag of old DBZ tricks slapped onto female characters and so I found them boring compared to the Fireballs who all brought new techniques, personalities, and transformations. Perhaps a lot of people feel the same way I do. That said, the writing lately hasn't been very favorable for Ribrianne (tho i still find her entertaining) while it's gotten better for Kale and Caulifla (Kale is slowly becoming her own character now instead of a pile of Broly references with trending anime girl personality tropes). I think, now that the ToP is less crowded, that most of the remaining characters will get better treatment. And hey, Rozie is still in their as well!

Yeah, you're right about that. I can include myself in that category too. It's tough to be patient week to week and it's even tougher to have good faith in Toei and Toriyama-san when they have at times disappointed us with their storytelling decisions or lack of them. I am also hopeful for that Ribrianne character development. She seemed to have discovered her resolve in episode 111. Can't wait to see where that takes her! Can't wait to see what the story holds for all the remaining participants!
      Indeed BWri, you have been one of the Best Fans out their of the Fireballs I know, it is nice talking to you about them and various other subjects we end up talking about, good conversations and good fandom! :thumbup:

Honestly that is what I take forums as, conversations between Very Dedicated fans of a select group of fans willing to put in the time and effort into talking about DB and other topics here DB Related. It is the same with me on my other Forum, Comic Book Resources, Very Highly dedicated and worldly intelligent Fans of Comics and Pop Culture discussion the Various goings-ons in Comic Books, Stories and other topics. It is something we all need us personally to help meet each other and grow in our fandoms and set the ideals for Fandoms and views of topics. But indeed sometimes we get to sunken into our Forums and we must realize they are not all of the fandom, just a select few and what is liked and disliked in fandoms is bigger then we know, but more like IMO then we give credit too.

It is this realization plus recent word of mouth about how Characters like Caulifa, Kale, Ribrianne are getting more positive response elsewhere. Need more scientific word on the matter, but it does make you get out of our world and remember how small this all is compared to the greater world of the Fandom at large. It is why I don't have as much worry about Caulifa, Kale, Ribrianne's futures as much cause I remember again how the net is just one area of fandom, a good place to meet friends and discuss yes, but not all their is by a large margin.

With that said while I have still enjoyed and gotten allot out of the Writing, mainly for Ribrianne, that I have liked, I have to say indeed it has slipped up at times too that cause fans to have inpatients when how Caulifa, Kale, Ribrianne and others are written. Many want to know the time they spent waiting all week was worth it, we are really not use to this as fans since we got so much Dragon Ball So fast we could mass watch it if we had the money at time for most of our lives not waiting. So now with the wait we don't want any lost screen-time indeed. But indeed as we agreed upon it takes time to get all the pieces together to get a full picture of a character and the meaning of an arc.

I think when this is all said and done allot will be pieced together that we will say "YEA, Now I get it and why all those episodes before went the way they did!" We will look then back on these episodes more as a series that is better in binge watching then waiting for. I think that is the flaw in the writing more of all, but a flaw in us fans as well.

I do have Hopes for all the Girls, Caulifa, Kale, Ribrianne and Rozie some-more too, she had a grand showing in 111! Writing and patients can turn allot of things around when time is given to the story, all thought what we need is to have hope it goes that route. But with recent events from 111-113 for Caulifa, Kale, Ribrianne and Rozie, things are starting to look more up then just going around in a stalemate in writing.

Again, always good to talk to you BWri! :thumbup:
      --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
      Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
      Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
      My #1 in DB!
      :thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
      http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker