Freeza PL CANON Fodder

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:08 pm

Thanks, Rach. It was a typo then.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:01 pm

And, if I wasn't an idiot, I'd have realised that I had the Viz version on the desk right in front of me all this time, and I would have mentioned that second form Freezer says "I have so much power now... I might not be able to control it... If any instrument could read my strength...it would surpass a million..."

But Rach already provided the Japanese version, making that all pointless. Feh.

And Amy isn't going to alter my body with horific machinery. She was proposing to Steve/Gen, not me.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:35 pm

I might wanna wait a while before I do anything like that. I was acting on a impulse last night sorraaaayyyyyy

Beelz

Post by Beelz » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:48 pm

so would that auto maticlly make Piccolo's power over a million when he fought Freeza form 2? I beleive thats why FreeZa transformed to combat the newly acended Piccolo...right wrong...?
What can be seductive about the eternal nothing is that the finest day is indifferently this one or any other like it.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:54 pm

I seem to remember it being mentioned that Piccolo was a bit weaker than Freezer, but better at fighting, so it balanced out. Although that could have been with regards to #18...

But yeah, Freezer wasn't kicking Piccolo's arse, so he tranformed.

And, as an aside, the power-up Piccolo gets from merging with Nail has to be one of the most ludicrously over-the-top power-ups ever. He had a fighting power of just over 1,000 when fighting the Saiyans. He was then on Kaio's planet for a short while (days, maybe?), so he can't have been much higher when he ends up on Namek. But one fusion later, and his power suddenly squared? Crazy.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:04 pm

PsyLiam wrote:I seem to remember it being mentioned that Piccolo was a bit weaker than Freezer, but better at fighting, so it balanced out. Although that could have been with regards to #18...
I think that might be a fan opinion. Skill usually can't compensate for even a marginal difference in power, so Piccolo was probably equal to Freeza or slightly stronger than him.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:10 pm

Which makes a mockery of what Goku said to Raditz.

"If you think power is everything...then you're no fighter!"

Silly Goku.

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:12 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Which makes a mockery of what Goku said to Raditz.

"If you think power is everything...then you're no fighter!"

Silly Goku.
Didn't he say that slightly before getting totally owned?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:15 pm

PsyLiam wrote:And Amy isn't going to alter my body with horific machinery. She was proposing to Steve/Gen, not me.
See, this is what we call "me being a fucking idiot".

Run, Gen!!! :)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:25 pm

Yeah, Piccolo was stronger than 2nd form Frieza. I believe, when he fused with Nail, that he'd been dead for... months before then. Considering how much stronger/faster he was than Goku when he went to King Kais (and the fact that Goku fell off snakeway while Piccolo most likely didn't), I'd say he was on King Kai's tiny planet for at least 3 months. (I don't have a time-line to look up how much time passed between his death and fusing with Nail so that's all speculation.)

Anyway, in that time, he probably went from his original 1,500 (or so) PL to over 50,000. Nail was at about 50,000 as well. So, let's see.... add them together and increase their power by about 20 fold, and, yeah, that's a Namek fusion.

Besides, look at when Piccolo and Kami merged. Granted, they were supposed to be one person to began with, but still. Kami's at what, 300?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:41 pm

But that was suppossed to be because they were originally one person, and that made the fusion all big and super and stuff.

I don't think that Piccolo was on Kaio's for 3 months. Bulma and co left for Namek pretty soon after the Big Fight, probably less than a week. Another couple of weeks to get there. How long does the stuff on Namek take? There's no real points where anyone goes to sleep (apart from Vegeta catching a few winks), but then Goku's journey would take less than a day, and that seems rather quick.

Remember that Piccolo, Tenshinhan. Yamcha and Chaotzu didn't arrive on Kaio's planet until Goku was already on his way to Namek. So Piccolo might have only briefly been there.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:48 pm

It took more than a month for Bulma and Co. to get to Namek, and I think it took Vegeta over a month get there (he had to go recover first). Plus it took 6-7 days for Goku to get there.

And who says Piccolo and Co. just got to King Kai's when it first showed them? It never showed them actually 'arrive'. For all we know it only took Piccolo a week to fly there at top speed, we already know energy depletion is practically impossible when you're dead.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:52 pm

Xyex wrote:And who says Piccolo and Co. just got to King Kai's when it first showed them? It never showed them actually 'arrive'. For all we know it only took Piccolo a week to fly there at top speed, we already know energy depletion is practically impossible when you're dead.
I don't know... isn't that why Goku didn't fly at top speed?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:54 pm

Zackarotto wrote:I don't know... isn't that why Goku didn't fly at top speed?
We're talking about Goku here. And he did go at top speed, after getting out of the H.F.I.L. so :P
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:55 pm

PsyLiam wrote:But that was suppossed to be because they were originally one person, and that made the fusion all big and super and stuff.

I don't think that Piccolo was on Kaio's for 3 months. Bulma and co left for Namek pretty soon after the Big Fight, probably less than a week. Another couple of weeks to get there. How long does the stuff on Namek take? There's no real points where anyone goes to sleep (apart from Vegeta catching a few winks), but then Goku's journey would take less than a day, and that seems rather quick.

Remember that Piccolo, Tenshinhan. Yamcha and Chaotzu didn't arrive on Kaio's planet until Goku was already on his way to Namek. So Piccolo might have only briefly been there.
Piccolo was on Kaio's planet for 6 days. They got there the same day everyone except Goku got to Namek, December 18thth, and Piccolo was revived on Namek on the 24th.

.. Hell of a way to spend Christmas Eve.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:13 pm

That would also agree with the idea that Piccolo and co only got to Kaio's when Kaio informed Goku of their arrival. Which makes sense. Why would Kaio wait several days before telling Goku? I'm not a huge fan of taking the Daizenshuu as gospel truth, but 6 days does make sense. Although I'm still not sure how 6 days passed on Namek. Maybe everyone just had naps when we weren't looking?

That also means that it took Piccolo's group about a month to travel along snake way. Considering that it took Goku at a power level of around 200-300 6 months to do it, and a Goku with a power level of several thousand a single day to do it, I can see how a group with power levels of 1000 would take a month. Hmm. Do those stats help the "power levels are linear" argument or not?

Gohan-kun
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan-kun » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:54 pm

He was there for 6 days (Piccolo). Merging with Nail caused Piccolo to go from 3,500 (max) to over a million, even though Nail's battle power is 42,000. Piccolo was sligtly stronger than Freeza. Freeza transformed into his ultimate form because of Gohan though. And Freeza was also over a million.