Which character in which saga would you say is the best written character in the Franchise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chongjasmine

Re: Which character in which saga would you say is the best written character in the Franchise?

Post by chongjasmine » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:07 am

I like Vegeta in Freeza arc.
Loves how when he died, he actually cried.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Which character in which saga would you say is the best written character in the Franchise?

Post by omaro34 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:28 am

Goten.

Hahaha I'm joking
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:30 am

chongjasmine wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:07 am I like Vegeta in Freeza arc.
Loves how when he died, he actually cried.
Believe it or not, at the time, there was speculation that he could have remained dead. His character was seen as complete in some people's eyes.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu May 07, 2020 2:02 am

Here's my top 10

1. Buu arc Vegeta
2. King Piccolo/23rd TB arc Goku
3. Namek arc Vegeta
4. Saiyan arc Piccolo
5. 22nd TB arc Tien
6. 90s Bardock
7. Namek arc Freeza
8. Android arc Future Trunks
9. Namek arc Goku (anime only)
10. Buu arc Mr. Satan (very underrated).

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu May 07, 2020 5:18 am

Damn, that’s a hard one. There are so many fantastically written character arc by arc in Dragon Ball that it’s difficult to say, with absolute certainty, which one was definitely best written.

But if I really have to choose, then, I will go for Kame Senn’in in the 21st Budokai arc.

He’s the true protagonist of it: his teachings are so incredibly great and I love the contrast between his serious persona and his goofy/perverted side. The fact he can get so goofy makes his serious moments feel much more meaningful.
And the 21st Budokai has PLENTY of serious Kame Senn’in moments. He teaches Goku and Krillin all the basics, gives them life lessons and a final lesson, the theme of Dragon Ball “there’s always someone stronger out there”. And he puts everything he has for this one.
We also see his compassionate side when he helps Nam.

He’s honestly a very deep character, and the 22nd Budokai is the perfect conclusion to his character arc.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu May 07, 2020 7:14 am

One of my favorite Gohan moments was him telling Goku not to go easy on him in RoSaT.

It was quite a change from how he was when he first appeared.