List Some Fics

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu May 13, 2004 10:46 pm

SpiritBomb wrote:I'm the only freakin fic writer who does not write fics about DBZ! This sucks! *picks up a Harry Potter book* YOU'VE TAKEN OVER MY FREAKIN LIFE!!! *throws it back down*

I'm off to go write a fic about D to the freakin Z! Right freakin now!
I haven't done one about DBZ.

Your avatar is the coolness. Even though I've already said that.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri May 14, 2004 2:10 am

Yes SpiritBomb, you avatar is the bomb. (Yes, I know, bad joke.)

Anyway, sorry, no Gohan. He wasn't born yet in this time and didn't go back with Goten and Trunks when they jumped back in time. Sadly. :cry:

But Vegeta's a chibi! And Bardock's in it, and so is Raditz. So it's still much fun.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Fri May 14, 2004 5:35 am

Order of the Phoenix is evil! EVIL! *tosses yet another book into a massive bonfire*

I could rant all day about the evils of OotP, but that'd be too off-topic. ^_^

I only semi fell out of the DB fandom, I still loved the series even if there wasn't anything new coming out. I was swept up by the Harry Potter fever; theorizing, writing fanfics, debating, being a columnist... When I became disillusioned by the fifth book, my love for DB returned as strong as ever. The trouble is that most of the fandom seems to have disappeared or been intimidated/swayed by the vastly anti-DB anime community... Ever gone to the animemusicvideos.org forum? If you even mention that you're making a DB music vid, you get flamed. It was so disheartening to return and find everything ten times worse than before... *sigh*

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri May 14, 2004 9:36 am

(sigh) Yes, anime snobs really are the worst.

That's why we kill'em!!! :twisted:
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Fri May 14, 2004 1:39 pm

But how? There's so many of them...

Shooting is too messy, plagues tend to backfire, using mind control to make them perform seppuku is probably illegal (and, more importantly, difficult), and we don't outnumber them so an all-out war won't work.

It's all so frustrating...

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri May 14, 2004 1:41 pm

Right now, I'm picturing a Harry Potter Homestar getting slapped by Cho and saying, "I guess I just don't unduhstaaaand the ladiez."

That means nothing, but Order of the Phoenix is kewl.

And Alias (I hadn't seen your post), we usually go to cons and pick them off one by one. We're very skilled.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Fri May 14, 2004 1:53 pm

They breed faster than they can be picked off. :(

It has to be a massive, worldwide undertaking in order to truly exterminate them. Every DB fan has to unite and slaughter the oppressors! Hail Dragon Ball! A gun for every fan, and a bullet for every enemy!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat May 15, 2004 8:19 am

Hey Alias! I'm impressed! You're quite bloodthirsty and ambitious. ^_^

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat May 15, 2004 12:55 pm

Fangirls and fanboys don't breed as fast as normal people, just so you know. To tell the truth, we've lowered their numbers by 25% in North America since we have started.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat May 15, 2004 3:34 pm

Woo! Shameless plug time! I'm almost finished with a '24 meets the X-Files' story called Project Ark. It's almost 400 pages on Word right now. So, yeah, a long read... plus I hate it, but the author is always their own worst critic.

Then there's Vale Of Dusk, my Silent Hill meets Twin Peaks-esque story about a town possessed by demons and overrun by hell. There's one murder that's so gruesome I'm considering removing it.

Oh, you mean DB fanfics? Outta luck there.

End shameless plug.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sun May 16, 2004 1:46 am

May I suggest trying to locate the epic Saiyajin by Katchan?

If you haven't already read it, you should. It's the be-all-end-all of DBZ fics, in my opinion.
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sun May 16, 2004 2:34 am

*laughs histerically* Ah..Zacko,Zacko,Zacko...you crack me up!

This is so weird! You guys are the two with the best avatars (yes, theres more of you who had great avatars and still do) and yet you waste precious typing time to compliment me! I feel loved!

..my DBZ fic is going good! Its that idea with the androids I talked about in one post! I cant wait to have it up!
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon May 17, 2004 5:55 am

I'm very bloodthirsty. I just came from yet another review of DBZ describing it as nothing more than overmuscled guys and shitty animation appealing only to pre-pubescent boys. :evil:
Zackarotto wrote:Fangirls and fanboys don't breed as fast as normal people, just so you know. To tell the truth, we've lowered their numbers by 25% in North America since we have started.
Not simply fanboys and fangirls, but elitists who think that the 'noobs' should bow to their 'godlike wisdom' and morons who go with whatever is popular at the moment. If they're not breeding quickly, then they have massive power when it comes to converting people. They seem to multiply faster than rabbits...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon May 17, 2004 8:06 am

Not simply fanboys and fangirls, but elitists who think that the 'noobs' should bow to their 'godlike wisdom' and morons who go with whatever is popular at the moment
I remember getting shunned on mIRC because I made "such a newbie mistake" in believing that Tao Pai Pai was once a cyborg.

"He OBVIOUSLY was human in the red ribbon saga, or you're thinking of Mr. Geero, you noob! And it's JONZOJINJIN, not "cyborg"! Even the dub is smart enough to call half-humans, half-robots "androids"! ROLOLOLOLOL~~~~~!!!!"
[idiot de-ops Dayspring]
"Durrhh...actually he's right."
[Not as big but still an idiot re-ops Dayspring]
"Well either way he's an idiot for not calling them "jonzonjinjin". Next he's going to say "vegeta" instead of "Buhjiita"."
[idiot bans random person in retribution]
Me: "I have ops? What are ops?"
[de-ops Dayspring]
[boots Dayspring from room]
[bans Dayspring from room]

Good times! 8)
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 17, 2004 9:33 am

Alias wrote:
Not simply fanboys and fangirls, but elitists who think that the 'noobs' should bow to their 'godlike wisdom' and morons who go with whatever is popular at the moment. If they're not breeding quickly, then they have massive power when it comes to converting people. They seem to multiply faster than rabbits...
Alias, that pretty much describes a fanboy or fangirl to me. And that is why we kill them, so they won't be able to spread their poison. Ah yes, our work is a noble cause indeed. :D

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Tue May 18, 2004 3:50 am

To me, a fangirl or fanboy is someone that's obsessed with something to the point of geekdom. The sorts that write "I love Veggie-chan!" on their foreheads or watch every episode of Star Trek fifty times to aid with their exact-to-the-last-speck-of-dust floorplan of the ship.

If you're getting rid of elitists and morons, then your work is indeed noble. But, it's ultimately in vain. Eventually, we DB fans are doomed to extinction. A sort of global fan genocide. Either that or we'll end up running some underground DB resistance. Our black trenchcoats will have the insignia of a shining four-star Dragon Ball and we'll each be highly-trained assasins. ^_^

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue May 18, 2004 4:03 am

Alias wrote: Either that or we'll end up running some underground DB resistance. Our black trenchcoats will have the insignia of a shining four-star Dragon Ball and we'll each be highly-trained assasins. ^_^
Which is exactly the goal of the Guild. :D

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Tue May 18, 2004 4:12 am

Who's the leader? Who's the computer techie? Who's the antisocial outsider with a painful past? Who's the 'babe'? Who's the young guy filled with angst? Who's the brawn without brains? Who's the wise old mentor? Unless you've got people fulfilling those roles, you don't really have a true resistance.

koden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by koden » Tue May 18, 2004 6:39 am

=word limit=
Last edited by koden on Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue May 18, 2004 12:41 pm

Alias wrote:Who's the leader? Who's the computer techie? Who's the antisocial outsider with a painful past? Who's the 'babe'? Who's the young guy filled with angst? Who's the brawn without brains? Who's the wise old mentor? Unless you've got people fulfilling those roles, you don't really have a true resistance.
Hmm... Leader was Dayspring, now it's Jersey-sama. Computer Techie? Random or PsyLiam. I don't know. Young guy blahblahblah? That could be any of us. I don't think there's anyone POSTING ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD that have the brainless huge guy personality. And, I don't like old people. They smell funny.

As for me, I'm the guy who lives to see blood. But that's more of an anime personality.