Calling all translators and editors

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:48 pm

I definatly agree

unless I'm working with DVD shots that I'm not editing - I _always_ use PNGs.

And I see EX wants to do all that stuff so I'll bow out but if you guys need extra help for whatever reason I'm still good for it.

Good luck with everything guys ^_^
-Laserkid

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:13 pm

"The Anime and Me" is up on my photobucket account. Check your PMs for the links, EX. I'll send the translations+info in an e-mail attachment in a few mins.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:45 pm

TIF is sometimes a better format to use, although it's more common with digital photos, especially large ones.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:49 pm

Slight problem. I finally encountered REAL pixellation as a result of some pics being 00ber small in the book that I'm scanning them out of. What should I do? Try rescanning with even higher resolution than 400dpi?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:25 pm

Wow.

Just downloaded those four images you sent me. Wow.

They're completely unsalvageable. There's no way I'd put those out. I dunno how you're scanning things, but I know they can look better than that. Can you take me a screen shot of your scanning settings, or something? These are just... whoa...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:25 pm

Holy shit, no kidding. I dunno if I've maxed out the account or what but the scans on my HD are MUCH better quality. Any ideas as to how to send them to you? Altogether it must be like a 40 meg file.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:50 pm

I dunno... an AIM transfer would probably be the best thing. I dunno how else you'd get 'em to me without uploading it all somewhere.

I'll be home/around this evening...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:54 pm

Gah. Don't hold your breath. No AIM here. :(

Let's call a temp hiatus or something. Today I'm working on figuring out why I keep getting warnings about "Low Virtual Memory". Once that's done I dl AIM and IRC.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:29 pm

Dayspring you're getting warnings about low virtual memory beause you likely have too much data probably due to the all the new pics and stuff you've been scanning and storing on your computer. Your C drive probably has very little space left. You'll have to free up space on the C drive by either deleting things you don't need or moving some stuff to other places. And see Dayspring? I told you to get AIM. I could have also sent you that song right away if you had it.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:45 pm

Dayspring wrote:Gah. Don't hold your breath. No AIM here. :(

Let's call a temp hiatus or something. Today I'm working on figuring out why I keep getting warnings about "Low Virtual Memory". Once that's done I dl AIM and IRC.
Hmm... If you can't upload through AIM or IRC now, can you use FTP? If you can use FTP, I can very easily help you.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:43 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Gah. Don't hold your breath. No AIM here. :(

Hmm... If you can't upload through AIM or IRC now, can you use FTP? If you can use FTP, I can very easily help you.
:oops: I'm going to guess no. (I'm a twit when it comes to computers)

Give a quick explanation as to what FTP is. Most likely the answer's no, but here's hoping I've been using it for years. :P

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:57 pm

FTP is File Transfer Protocol. Simply put, you just connect to an FTP server, and upload or download files to or from the server. I have my own FTP server, so you could easily upload your files to me, and then Mike and Julian could get them from there.

But to connect to an FTP server, you'd need an FTP program. If you don't know about it, you probably don't have one... But I believe Internet Explorer has built in FTP capabilities now, and there's the little command line FTP program that comes with Windows XP.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:13 pm

WS FTP is a good program for FTP uploads. It's what I use to upload files to Animemusicvideos.org.

As for the quality of the files on Photobucket, that's due to file size. They automatically resize any file larger than 250k. Umm.... I'll find a place where you can d/l WS FTP and give you like, it's a really simple to use program.

EDIT: Well, seems the free LE version is no longer available. :? However, there is a Home version that has a free 30-day trial that is supposed to be easier to use than the LE version, so you can try that one.

Also, to what Jersey said about the Virtural Memory, I don't think that's it. Virtual memory is HD space that is used as extra RAM. The low memory is due to the fact (I believe) that when he opens the image file (Or scans it in for that matter) it loads into RAM. When the RAM fills up it then uses the VM. So basicly, he's got to much stuff running at once. That's about all I can think of....
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:59 pm

Xyex wrote: EDIT: Well, seems the free LE version is no longer available. :? However, there is a Home version that has a free 30-day trial that is supposed to be easier to use than the LE version, so you can try that one.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Xyex wrote: Also, to what Jersey said about the Virtural Memory, I don't think that's it. Virtual memory is HD space that is used as extra RAM. The low memory is due to the fact (I believe) that when he opens the image file (Or scans it in for that matter) it loads into RAM. When the RAM fills up it then uses the VM. So basicly, he's got to much stuff running at once. That's about all I can think of....
Although that's what the guys at compucenter also say, I still couldn't figure out how to fix the problem. :x

Not too long ago my homepage got hijacked. I've been looking into dling some new spyware as a result. Could this bug be related?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:41 pm

What do you mean, "your homepage got hijacked"? And how would downloading spyware help?

How much free space have you got on your hard drive(s)?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:12 pm

Internet. When I click on "home" it takes me to some other shit. This isn't the type of problem you can resolve by going to internet options, etc and resetting the homepage. I got a e-mail fwd that said it was a common thing caused by spyware. (I meant to say spyware protection program earlier)

As for diskpace, I've got gigs everywhere so I can't figure out what's the deal. Now my e-mail "delete" section won't show up because of "low memory". What's a good, cheap computer? I don't give a rat's ass anymore. I want to buy a new one (mine's 6 years old).

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:26 am

For your spyware problems look up Ad-aware for that.

As for the Vmem, you running Win98? I know how to fix that. Right click on 'My Computer' and then click 'properties'. There will be a tab that says 'Virtural Memory', click that.

You'll get a new window with the settings. If the top one isn't checked then you should check it. If it IS checked then check the one below it and then raise the amount to a couple gigs of space and you should be good.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:52 pm

My whole computer died. Now I got a big-assed 80-gig beauty to replace my old 12-gigger. :mrgreen:

Scanning project on temp hiatus until the computer's got all its junk and such. Also I have an arm infection. :cry:

...And Super Sonic Warriors. :D