"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:40 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:stats on clothes should be like for example, if you were the turtle orange gi than it boosts you kamehameha attacks (no debuffs). Vegeta's clothes give a increase damage Vegeta related attacks like Galick gun.
Or, no stats at all. That would be nice.
Very nice. If you're referring with no stats that is.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:41 pm

Bio-Broli isn't really anything special, but it wouldn't hurt to include him. He's from one of the rare movies where it only takes one new character to cover the whole thing near perfectly. If regular Broli doesn't get a base from to transform through, Bio-Broli doesn't need his own slot. Don't worry about his weakness or anything else. Just make him a costume, give him a unique attack or two and be done with him.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:42 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Ugh... I wish they would change the lighting on the Super Saiyan forms. I really hate that hard metallic look they gave the models with the heavy dark shadowing. Where as in the complete opposite to what I prefer with Spike's models is that they gave the Super Saiyan models and hair an enhanced glow around them. It irks be because you can barely see their faces, let alone their colours....
So you are telling me that this is not beautiful? Are you crazy? /s
Well that picture shows exactly the problem I have with the Super Saiyan models. The heavy, dark shadow undertone, and glossy highlights over their skin and hair. They should really tone it down a few degrees or keep the lighting the same as they have it for the non-super Saiyan characters without that exaggeration.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is what it should look like:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:43 pm

That last shot of SS2 Gohan looks like something from the RB franchise.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Hair doesn't look rigid enough.
Kuro Tenshi

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:45 pm

I like the touch up on the bottom. It makes em look less shiny and fake.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:49 pm

It should look like this, complete badashery:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Kuro Tenshi

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 pm

ryou766 wrote:That last shot of SS2 Gohan looks like something from the RB franchise.
I know, I personally prefer actual cel shading to give the character bodies some tone, but the mod's choice still looks far better than the extremes of what XV went with.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Videls_Panties
Banned

Post by Videls_Panties » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 pm

2nd image of Gohan ( the modded model) feels like its missing something. I know its the glare thing, but it just looks bland in that style. I feel Xenoverse models actually captures the tone of the image of Gohan SSJ2 colored from the manga above.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:04 pm

Videls_Panties wrote:2nd image of Gohan feels like its missing something. I know its the glare thing, but it just looks bland in that style.
I know, the Cel shading mod tried to make the models look closer to Raging Blast 1's colouring.
Edit:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:15 pm

What's up with the crappy quality of the XV pictures for the comparison?

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:20 pm

Isn't the game going to be at another expo on the 8th of July? I think JapanExpo it was, do you guys think they will show some new stuff like a new character or just the same as at AnimeExpo?

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:21 pm

EXBadguy wrote:If they're still doing the costume thing again, then they should put the right moves in for some of the characters. I now see it dumb that Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta had the Super Galick Gun XV1, when it could've been used only for the scouter costume. I rather for SSB Vegeta to get a never before seen ultimate.

They could give SS Blue the ultimate from DB Heroes. The Galic Final Flash. That was pretty cool looking. I'm really not a fan of the transformations being totally seperate. Especially since they didn't give them new melee moves. I really want to transform into SS Blue with the animation just like the anime but I feel like it probably won't happen. Besides if they did make a transformation they would probably just ignore the perfect transformation from the movie and make it a generic transformation.

I don't want 50 Goku's. And remember free customization means nothing if they don't give us the proper moves for each of the preset costumes.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Spenzer wrote:Isn't the game going to be at another expo on the 8th of July? I think JapanExpo it was, do you guys think they will show some new stuff like a new character or just the same as at AnimeExpo?
I'd like to think we would be getting something new, nothing huge but something. Maybe a reveal for Bojack or the movie androids?
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:27 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Spenzer wrote:Isn't the game going to be at another expo on the 8th of July? I think JapanExpo it was, do you guys think they will show some new stuff like a new character or just the same as at AnimeExpo?
I'd like to think we would be getting something new, nothing huge but something. Maybe a reveal for Bojack or the movie androids?
I hope we get some info about transformations for all the races.
I'm keeping my expectations rather low though.

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Spenzer wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
I hope we get some info about transformations for all the races.
I'm keeping my expectations rather low though.
There's a whole panel dedicated to XV2. There will be some big announcements there. There will be a demo there but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same demo from Anime Expo. I wouldn't mind some new characters for the Japan Expo demo but idk. The announcement is probably all about created characters. I care more about the gameplay and the lack of defense options. We can teleport more but what else????

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:49 pm

kbrooksgohan wrote:They could give SS Blue the ultimate from DB Heroes. The Galic Final Flash. That was pretty cool looking.
That's not a thing. Vegeta's move is the God Final Flash (Goku's is the God Kamehameha, or Burst Kamehame in XV and Zenkai).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:07 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:If they're still doing the costume thing again, then they should put the right moves in for some of the characters. I now see it dumb that Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta had the Super Galick Gun XV1, when it could've been used only for the scouter costume. I rather for SSB Vegeta to get a never before seen ultimate.
I really hope they dump this, let us customize the movesets for characters and then have a single "default" load out like in the Budokai games.
For Goku and Vegeta, I think there should be at least two variations of them, due to the fact that their powers have changed drastically. The rest of the characters though, I agree that the default costume thing should be dropped. For Vegeta, I think Dimps should follow Spike by having the Saiyan-Frieza one as its own slot by having his own set of combos that differ from the default Vegeta, along with the moves that were used around those sagas(i.e. Dirty Fireworks, Super Galick Gun). And for Goku, the other variation of him can just be the Super/"God" variation.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:11 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Well that picture shows exactly the problem I have with the Super Saiyan models. The heavy, dark shadow undertone, and glossy highlights over their skin and hair. They should really tone it down a few degrees or keep the lighting the same as they have it for the non-super Saiyan characters without that exaggeration.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is what it should look like:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I agree with you but sadly nothing will change in the final game.

Another thing that bothers me is when goku for example goes super saiyan his ultimate attacks don't change.

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Do you guys think they'll add more outfits? Like Goku with End of Z outfit, Tien and Yamcha Buu Saga Outfit? Some of them wouldn't take too much time to make, like Teen Gohan with Goku's outfit, or his old outfit like in Movie 8, or Goku and Gohan with armor, Goku and Vegeta with Wiss outfit, the list can go on and on...