Dragon Box Z 2's Hands On Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Box Z 2's Hands On Discussion

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Aside from the first time we see vegeta, they randomly have him with brown hair in some sagas and thats why Vegito has reddish/brown bangs.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:28 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Aside from the first time we see vegeta, they randomly have him with brown hair in some sagas and thats why Vegito has reddish/brown bangs.
Well, like I said, many of his animation cels were colored with a very dark, near-black brown, and on FUNimation's releases the film had gotten darker due to age and they always upped the contrast, so people who are used to FUNimations releases are used to his hair looking pitch black.

The reason Vegetto has brown hair is because in the Anime Vegeta's hair color has almost always been portrayed as brown. You can especially tell this on artwork where he has brownish highlights, and on the Season One cover art. That's why I find it odd that when they redraw scenes in Kai that they make sure to "retcon" Vegeta's hair color into the more technically correct black. But it just makes it inconsistent because the older footage still has the brown color.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:For those who use your PS3 to play the dvds, what settings do you use? I go back and forth between Stereo and Matrix. This is a Home Theater question btw.
For the Japanese mono track, I listened to most of the first DBox with my receiver set on stereo, splitting the track to my front right and left, because it sounded a little warmer. Recently, I started listening to it on the surround setting (which is technically not matrixed in this case, since the center channel is discrete on the DBox). My center speaker has a touch more clarity in the highs than my fronts. If you want to get really nitpicky (as in, this is a theory that just popped into my head, not an issue I've actually encountered), using the center channel wipes out any phase and localization problems you'd get with two speakers. The difference is somewhat noticeable when I A/B it, but that could be because my center speaker is a different brand and model than my fronts and surrounds. If your home theater is matched, it might not make a noticeable difference.

However, for sources encoded in stereo without Dolby Surround (such as nearly all CDs, and concert DVDs with LPCM stereo tracks), I'll switch off the surround matrixing and just use stereo. I have a relatively old receiver that predates Dolby Pro Logic II. I've read that Pro Logic II does a better job with matrixing stereo sources into surround (less muffled, and stereo in the surround channels), so I'll be eager to hear it whenever I upgrade.
I can see their parachutes.

Shigeru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shigeru » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Love it. I got my set in from Rightstuf a couple days back. GORGEOUS.
[b][url=http://twitter.com/ShigeruTurbo]Twitter[/url][/b]
I like the English dub. Kill me.
Fan since 1995.

zeldarocks

Post by zeldarocks » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 pm

I just watched a couple of episodes on what I believe was a 42 inch LCD Television... Gorgeous... Absolutely gorgeous....

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Alright, finally got SOMETHING from the UPS-tracker-thingie.

Said it arrived in New Stanton, PA at 12:32 PM, and I did a search on Google Maps, it's about 4 hours from my town. :mrgreen:

And went through "Arrival Scan" Hopefully I'll get it sometime today.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Alright, finally got SOMETHING from the UPS-tracker-thingie.

Said it arrived in New Stanton, PA at 12:32 PM, and I did a search on Google Maps, it's about 4 hours from my town. :mrgreen:

UPS tends to do their load-outs at 4-6am, so it might not arrive until tomorrow. Still, good luck.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Has anyone who ordered from AxelMusic received their Dragon Box yet?

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm

SSJSteve wrote:Has anyone who ordered from AxelMusic received their Dragon Box yet?
I even haven't got a delivery notice e-mail from them. >_>

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:11 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Alright, finally got SOMETHING from the UPS-tracker-thingie.

UPS tends to do their load-outs at 4-6am, so it might not arrive until tomorrow. Still, good luck.
Figured as much :P

Hope I get lucky today and get it.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Timo wrote:
SSJSteve wrote:Has anyone who ordered from AxelMusic received their Dragon Box yet?
I even haven't got a delivery notice e-mail from them. >_>
Wow, I got my e-mail confirmation from them on the 29th of January. It's annoying how their site says delivery for the UK is "4-7" days, it's been 10 days now. :lol:

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:30 pm

How come no one posted shots from the book? Here ya go!

Close up! What could it say? "Fucking with ladies"? That would be hillarious...

Wasn't that line about showing you the terrors of Hell in "Final Bout"? Haha...

"Sabretiger". Is that his name?

Also, the back and front of the book seems to be two different sizes. Eh, I don't mind, I'm sure it's just a production error or somthing, no biggie...

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

I just checked my Dragonbook just to make sure since you posted a picture. Mine are (safe to say) proportional.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 pm

I just checked my Dragonbook just to make sure since you posted a picture. Mine are (safe to say) proportional.
That's good... I just noticed the spine isnt straight wich would explain why its not proportional. Hey look at that, it sticks out! That's gonna look great on the shelf when they're all lined up next to each other! :lol: :evil: You would think you can just press it down to make it straight but it always seems to shift back into it's irregular shape.

Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote: That's good... I just noticed the spine isnt straight wich would explaine why its not proportional. Hey look at that, it sticks out! That's gonna look great on the shelf when they're all lined up next to each other! :lol: :evil: You would think you can just press it down to make it straight but it always seems to shift back into it's irregular shape.
I have set of DVD's that rest in a slip case very much in the same style as the Dbox, and it does the exact same thing. I cannot fix it no matter what, and it is made of VERY thin, flexible cardboard. Sufficed to say, it is probably impossible to fix the much sturdier Dragonbook.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 pm

I have a feeling that each Dragonbox set is going to have a few episodes that spill into the next set.

First one had about 4 or 5 Namek saga episodes, and the Second has a few from the Freeza saga.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Wasn't that line about showing you the terrors of Hell in "Final Bout"? Haha...
Yep. It's also something Freeza says in Episode 83 before he Henshin-a-go-go's (baby).

Edit: No, wait. He says it in Episode 84. In Episode 83 he says something very similar, but not that exact quote (in 84 he's actually referring to what he said in 83. Damn that repetitive tyrant!)
Last edited by MajinVejitaXV on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm

There's only 4 official arcs/sagas.
Saiya-Jin, Freeza, Cell, and Boo.

The Freeza arc begins when they blast of for Nameksei(yes.. weird spelling but it's how Kuririn and Gohan say it><)

The second box should have included the ENTIRE Freeza saga.. but.. oh well.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:The Freeza arc begins when they blast of for Nameksei(yes.. weird spelling but it's how Kuririn and Gohan say it><)
'Sei' just means 'planet' in this instance, in case you didn't know.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 pm

HAHAHA yeah I'm not getting it till tomorrow.

USPS just updated with "Departure Scan" about 45 minutes ago. =P