Future Trunks' new form!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ Human
Regular

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by SSJ Human » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:18 pm

The form's name feels lazy to me, like it was something they could have thought of back during Z.

I guess I'm the only one that feels that way.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:06 pm

SSJ Human wrote:The form's name feels lazy to me, like it was something they could have thought of back during Z.

No the name is boring and explains nothing.

Super Saiyan 1 and 2 have been unlocked by rage as well

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Kishido wrote:
SSJ Human wrote:The form's name feels lazy to me, like it was something they could have thought of back during Z.

I would have been more satisfied with "False Super Saiyan Blue".

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:37 pm

SSJ Human wrote:
Kishido wrote:

I would have been more satisfied with "False Super Saiyan Blue".
Or the Blue version of the hybrids... You now Demi God or whatever.

But case is clsoed for me now... Never will like the way it was introduced and not explained...

Maybe I will change my mind if Gohan will get something similar soon with an explanation. But I doubt it

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Kishido wrote:Heroes is the only one who gave it a name... And ask the 2 base theory fans how much they take it
Saiyan beyond God is a thing in the Dragon Ball Super manga. And even if it doesn't have any hint in the anime, or even if it didn't exist at all, Saiyan beyond God's concept must exist as it explains why Goku and Vegeta can go Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. The power of Super Saiyan God is a "on/off" thing and it can work for base form too.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:15 am

Grimlock wrote:Saiyan beyond God is a thing in the Dragon Ball Super manga. And even if it doesn't have any hint in the anime, or even if it didn't exist at all, Saiyan beyond God's concept must exist as it explains why Goku and Vegeta can go Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. The power of Super Saiyan God is a "on/off" thing and it can work for base form too.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Resurrection F's introductory manga adaption is not a part of Dragon Ball Super's manga adaption branding. It's marked with both "Dragon Ball Z" and "Resurrection F" logos. Furthermore, it's absent in volume one of the Dragon Ball Super manga. At the time of its release, it was a preview for the film before Dragon Ball Super was planned. I doubt it's retroactively applied to the current manga continuity, especially due to Toyotaro poking fun at himself for having to skip the story. While a bit technical-minded, it's not exactly accurate to claim it's a part of Dragon Ball Super's chapters.

The explanation for Super Saiyan Blue has been provided in Resurrection F and Dragon Ball Super's anime continuity. Super Saiyan Blue is Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God. I don't recall the manga continuity using this explanation. That may explain why Super Saiyan God makes its return there. It doesn't contradict its own internal logic through virtue of never establishing the previous explanation beforehand. Likewise, becoming Super Saiyan is just that, becoming a Super Saiyan. Special dialogue for the form after the Beerus battle has yet to be featured. Let's recall both film and anime feature Goku being sensed normally after Super Saiyan God wears off. Goku never becomes a Super Saiyan to sense in the Dragon Ball Super manga. It's fairly consistent despite the three, separate interpretations existing.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:31 am

Nejishiki wrote:Resurrection F's introductory manga adaption is not a part of Dragon Ball Super's manga adaption branding. It's marked with both "Dragon Ball Z" and "Resurrection F" logos. Furthermore, it's absent in volume one of the Dragon Ball Super manga. At the time of its release, it was a preview for the film before Dragon Ball Super was planned. I doubt it's retroactively applied to the current manga continuity, especially due to Toyotaro poking fun at himself for having to skip the story. While a bit technical-minded, it's not exactly accurate to claim it's a part of Dragon Ball Super's chapters.

The explanation for Super Saiyan Blue has been provided in Resurrection F and Dragon Ball Super's anime continuity. Super Saiyan Blue is Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God. I don't recall the manga continuity using this explanation. That may explain why Super Saiyan God makes its return there. It doesn't contradict its own internal logic through virtue of never establishing the previous explanation beforehand. Likewise, becoming Super Saiyan is just that, becoming a Super Saiyan. Special dialogue for the form after the Beerus battle has yet to be featured. Let's recall both film and anime feature Goku being sensed normally after Super Saiyan God wears off. Goku never becomes a Super Saiyan to sense in the Dragon Ball Super manga. It's fairly consistent despite the three, separate interpretations existing.
Well that explains why it took me a while to find that image, I was pretty sure it came from an ordinary Dragon Ball Super manga. Anyway, if those two special chapters Toyotaro did (first one about reviving Kaio of North and the other one about the warriors of future fighting the androids) are part of Dragon Ball Super manga, I don't know why this one shouldn't be either. Unless becoming Super Saiyan God is the only way to "turn on" the power of Super Saiyan God, that would throw Saiyan beyond God through the window by the manga's logic, but if that's the case, Goku and Vegeta would have to become Super Saiyan God at least once in Future Trunks saga.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:46 am

Grimlock wrote:Anyway, if those two special chapters Toyotaro did (first one about reviving Kaio of North and the other one about the warriors of future fighting the androids) are part of Dragon Ball Super manga, I don't know why this one shouldn't be either.
Dragon Ball Super did not exist yet when Toyotaro did the three-chapter, introductory manga for Resurrection 'F'; the movie wasn't even out until the third chapter was released.

The two Dragon Ball Super bonus chapters are literally branded as Dragon Ball Super manga chapters and have been compiled in the Dragon Ball Super manga collected editions.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:56 am

I see. Then how should we treat/see it? Is it canon/related to something or is it entirely its own thing?

~ Fall of Cybertron ~