"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Things are getting so confusing now. I guess Toriyama was right about things becoming confusing :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:58 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Question, if everytime Trunks uses the time machine it splits the time stream, shouldn't there be 4 or 5 different streams with the same number of Zamasus by now?
After Trunks traveled the first time he split the timeline, so now when he goes back and forth he's just traveling between timelines, so no splits are happening. The split happened because he did something that would change his future.
I was under the impression that there were at least three timelines.

The good present one, the one where cell kills trunks and takes his time machine, and the one where Trunks is from.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Why is Beerus going to fix the problems in U10? Where is the God of Destruction of said universe?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

PMD wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
PMD wrote:
I won't either, but is from DB Heroes... made me think.
I think I might have saw that image on a Kaio-Ken Blue Goku card. I'd have to double check.
You mean this one?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I think you're correct. Forget about it.
Yep that is the card. I'm guessing that's what the magazine is portraying.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

TheMikado wrote:I was under the impression that there were at least three timelines.

The good present one, the one where cell kills trunks and takes his time machine, and the one where Trunks is from.
There's actually four. The main timeline where everyone's alive, Future Trunks' where he travelled to the past and got strong enough to kill the Androids, an unseen timeline where another Future Trunks traveled to and shut down his Androids before Cell killed him and used his machine to arrive at the main timeline.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Avok wrote:Why is Beerus going to fix the problems in U10? Where is the God of Destruction of said universe?

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I want U10 GoD!!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:03 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:A friend of mine like myself is still boggled about how Beerus destroys Zamas if he wished for immortality. However, my friend now thinks that perhaps the scenes we see in the episode 58 preview of Zamasu using the super dragon balls is just him imagining himself with them. To be honest, I can see that being the case as well.
But if he didn't get the Dragon Balls, why did return home to kill Gawasu? What would be the point? Also, he got information on Goku from Zuno too, not just the Dragon Balls.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:03 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
PMD wrote:You mean this one?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I think you're correct. Forget about it.
Yep that is the card. I'm guessing that's what the magazine is portraying.
Well, it is literally the exact same art. So that's what's being represented.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:04 pm

PMD wrote:
Avok wrote:Why is Beerus going to fix the problems in U10? Where is the God of Destruction of said universe?

If Gowasu was the only Kaioshin of U10, then I think that means the end of the God of Destruction. Zamasu was never a full Kaioshin, but in training.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:05 pm

PMD wrote:

Beerus did everything, this par for the course.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Things are getting so confusing now. I guess Toriyama was right about things becoming confusing :lol: .
With the information aired, I think we have a decent grasp of the events so far. It's only when we jump ahead when matters are convoluted. :P The Cell arc managed to make it work. I'm sure once the Future Trunks arc concludes, we'll be able to easily piece it together. If you notice, it's always future information that gets everyone talking. The episodes of the past are no longer met with significant questioning.
TheMikado wrote:I was under the impression that there were at least three timelines.

There are four timelines. Time has split thrice: 1) Future Trunks traveling 20 years into the alternate past, 2) Cell traveling 21 years into the alternate past that Future Trunks is destined to arrive in, and 3) Future Trunks traveling 17 years into the alternate past of an era he's visited before. The third one utilizes the coordinates he's still using in Dragon Ball Super. We hardly explore the history of one of the eras in the main story.
Beerus and Whis were investigating something from Universe 7 that linked to Universe 10. It's only natural that he would pursue punishment. He expressed similar anger with Champa for meddling in Universe 7. He was forgiven because they were related. This wouldn't be the case for Zamasu. In any event, would Beerus calmly report that to Universe 10's Hakaishin, something that he was being hush-hush about? I doubt it.
Last edited by Nejishiki on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:07 pm

PMD wrote:

Because he's meddling with Universe 7, it makes it his business too. If Gowasu is already and he's the only Kaioshin there then that God of Destruction is already dead.
Honestly think at this point until we see otherwise we should just assume that Universe 7 having had multiple Kaioshin for a while was unique, it's also been a long time since Buu killed them, so if there is suppsoed to be multiple why is there still only 1?
Nejishiki wrote: There are four timelines. Time has split thrice: 1) Future Trunks traveling 20 years into the alternate past, 2) Cell traveling 21 years into the alternate past that Future Trunks is destined to arrive in, and 3) Future Trunks traveling 17 years into the alternate past of an era he's visited before. The third one utilizes the coordinates he's still using in Dragon Ball Super. We hardly explore the history of one of the eras in the main story.
I don't think Trunks's second trip to the past caused another split.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

There's actually four. The main timeline where everyone's alive, Future Trunks' where he travelled to the past and got strong enough to kill the Androids, an unseen timeline where another Future Trunks traveled to and shut down his Androids before Cell killed him and used his machine to arrive at the main timeline.
I thought so, what's arched talking about?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:08 pm

TheMikado wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

Our Trunks only caused one split, Cell caused another and a different Trunks(the one that killed Freeza in Cell's time) caused another. Our Future Trunks's second trip in the Android arc didn't cause another split.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:10 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
PMD wrote:

Because he's meddling with Universe 7, it makes it his business too. If Gowasu is already and he's the only Kaioshin there then that God of Destruction is already dead.
Honestly think at this point until we see otherwise we should just assume that Universe 7 having had multiple Kaioshin for a while was unique, it's also been a long time since Buu killed them, so if there is suppsoed to be multiple why is there still only 1?
So shouldn't he maybe contact that dude? Like heads up someone's trying to murder you? Or your dude Zamasu from your universe is running a muck in my universe in the future. Technically present Zamasu hasn't done anything that concerns Beerus yet.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:11 pm

There aren't any splits, considering the fact Trunks could go to and from the main timeline without causing any issues, there's no reason Bulma couldn't reprogram Cell's machine to do the same thing. Especially since Future Bulma knows her own shit inside and out and would've written down the necessary coordinates to make it work.
TheMikado wrote:So shouldn't he maybe contact that dude? Like heads up someone's trying to murder you? Or your dude Zamasu from your universe is running a muck in my universe in the future. Technically present Zamasu hasn't done anything that concerns Beerus yet.
That implies Dragon Ball gods are capable of anything approaching competence and we can't have that.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:13 pm

TheMikado wrote:
So shouldn't he maybe contact that dude? Like heads up someone's trying to murder you? Or your dude Zamasu from your universe is running a muck in my universe in the future. Technically present Zamasu hasn't done anything that concerns Beerus yet.
Why would he waste time going to the Universe 10 God of Destruction? He just wants to deal with Zamasu and be done with it most likely.
ekrolo2 wrote:There aren't any splits, considering the fact Trunks could go to and from the main timeline without causing any issues, there's no reason Bulma couldn't reprogram Cell's machine to do the same thing. Especially since Future Bulma knows her own shit inside and out and would've written down the necessary coordinates to make it work.
If there weren't any timeline splits then Trunks's future wouldn't exist.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:14 pm

TheMikado wrote:So shouldn't he maybe contact that dude? Like heads up someone's trying to murder you? Or your dude Zamasu from your universe is running a muck in my universe in the future. Technically present Zamasu hasn't done anything that concerns Beerus yet.
Beerus was already raring to kill Zamasu from before. I don't think he's the type of personality to leave it to another Hakaishin. His neck of the woods were disturbed and he wants to correct it himself. He's an angry god, as always.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: If there weren't any timeline splits then Trunks's future wouldn't exist.
The splits aren't happening now is my point. The gang isn't making a whole slew of new alternate universes every time they travel through time as was the case beforehand. Future Bulma's notebook probably had some time coordinates or some shit that would allow present Bulma's machines to go into the proper timeline instead of breaking the time stream some more.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Our Trunks only caused one split, Cell caused another and a different Trunks(the one that killed Freeza in Cell's time) caused another. Our Future Trunks's second trip in the Android arc didn't cause another split.
That should still make 4 Zamasus which was my point.