"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread
- goku the krump dancer
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3689
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
I wouldn't say the concept of taking your time was invisible to Spike, I'd just say that overall Namco Bandai was still being hard headed at the time. Though I will say that Spike does get blamed for dumbing down Tenka'ichi 3's combat system to the bland mess it was in Raging Blast, idk what they were thinking.
Namdai probably didn't start listening to us until around 3 quarters into the release of Ultimate Tenka'ichi and by then Spike had given up.
But yeah a beta being held for the "main" DBZ game is unheard of and this is a great sign.. They're finally seemingly giving us the love this franchise deserves.. Video game wise.
Namdai probably didn't start listening to us until around 3 quarters into the release of Ultimate Tenka'ichi and by then Spike had given up.
But yeah a beta being held for the "main" DBZ game is unheard of and this is a great sign.. They're finally seemingly giving us the love this franchise deserves.. Video game wise.
Last edited by goku the krump dancer on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels
- EXBadguy
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1650
- Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm
- Location: NJ, 'MERICA
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
I think they HAVE been listening, but just to the wrong people. They listened to the obnoxious side of the fanbase who complained about having new things without specifying and not giving the games constructive criticism. If "THEY" did that, we would've been having a Xenoverse 3 exclusively for the next gen systems or something like that.goku the krump dancer wrote: Namdai probably didn't start listening to us until around 3 quarters
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
This is why there isn't a date yet! This network test will determine when the game comes out. More bugs = more time needed to fix = later release date
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
They realy trying hard to make a good game for us this time.
- goku the krump dancer
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3689
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
Yeah I feel the same way… I can't see how anyone was seriously complaining that the Sparking and the Blast games were to hard to play thats just ridiculous.EXBadguy wrote:I think they HAVE been listening, but just to the wrong people. They listened to the obnoxious side of the fanbase who complained about having new things without specifying and not giving the games constructive criticism.goku the krump dancer wrote: Namdai probably didn't start listening to us until around 3 quarters
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
I hope it's released in late 2015 so they can make sure everything is as good as it can be from the game play to the character countSSJ6Goku wrote:This network test will determine when the game comes out. More bugs = more time needed to fix = later release date
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
So the guy with Red hair was just some custom made character as opposed to an actual new character.
Well there goes 90% of my interest.
Well there goes 90% of my interest.
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
That's ridiculous.Bullza wrote:So the guy with Red hair was just some custom made character as opposed to an actual new character.
Well there goes 90% of my interest.
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
I kinda have to agree. You must just have completely different priorities, because any character with that terrible of a design wasn't going to be interesting as anything other than a created character IMO.
- budokaifanatic007
- Regular
- Posts: 631
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
Cant wait to see what the cover art is gonna look like?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
This and the Collector's Edition because you know Bandai Namco is going to have it for those willing to purchase!budokaifanatic007 wrote:Cant wait to see what the cover art is gonna look like?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- budokaifanatic007
- Regular
- Posts: 631
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
I really hope its not generic like past DBZ game covers. I really like covers like, Hyper Dimension, Budokai 1-3 and DBZ taiketsu.dbboxkaifan wrote:This and the Collector's Edition because you know Bandai Namco is going to have it for those willing to purchase!budokaifanatic007 wrote:Cant wait to see what the cover art is gonna look like?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.
- VegettoEX
- Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
- Posts: 17867
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
To those having issues entering the Japanese text, your first issue is probably that you need to hit SELECT to switch from hiragana to katakana
. That's the most likely reason why you don't think you see the correct characters to enter.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
Any words about account validity? Do i just need a japanese account or to really BE in Japan?
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
You just need to have a JP account on your PS3.Drev wrote:Any words about account validity? Do i just need a japanese account or to really BE in Japan?
- Freeza Soldier #156
- Regular
- Posts: 611
- Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
That's ludicrous to me, but to each their own. Honestly, this is first the DB game that has caught my interest since the Budokai days. I honestly haven't really enjoyed any of the games, or even finished one, since Budokai 1. I really loved the story mode from Budokai 1 and was really disappointed that we never got the Buu arc in that format. I can't even describe how sad I was when I learned that Budokai 2 replaced it with that awful board game style story. I never really played any of them much after that. Burst Limit came close but kicked me in the nuts again by never having a Buu arc. Raging Blast was okay, but I never cared enough to pick up the second. I didn't play too much of Ultimate Tenkaichi, but I did like the inclusion of the new animated scenes. Battle of Z almost made me give up all hope; that game is garbage to me. From what I've seen of this game, I'm actually kind of excited. Especially since Dimps have made both of the games that I actually enjoyed.Bullza wrote:So the guy with Red hair was just some custom made character as opposed to an actual new character.
Well there goes 90% of my interest.
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
I would have to agree. I can understand (sorta) why someone wouldn't be interested in custom characters in a Dragon Ball game, but as soon as that design came up...I mean...geez, look at how unnecessarily busy that design is. Scouter. Cape. Trunks clothes. All on one character. It just looks ridiculous, I can't say I'd even be fond of that look for someone's custom character design, but at least in that case it has the excuse of being just that - a custom design that's a stand-in for the player. If this had been what some kind of new official character looked like, it would have been terrible and stuck out like a sore thumb.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
- Rukura
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1848
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
- Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
Just downloaded it as well. It's random, so we have as good of a chance as anyone in Japan. Hell, I once got a beta code for a beta I didn't even know aboutBig Momma wrote:I just downloaded the Network Ticket for the beta. Since the first round is only for Japanese users, I'm not sure if (even though I used a Japanese account) I'll get it. But still holding out for the second round!
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0
- budokaifanatic007
- Regular
- Posts: 631
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
Its so funny how people on Youtube/Facebook/GameFaqs think that ZBR scan with Dende is apart of Xenoverse...... 
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.
Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa
I hope this video helps anyone that needs help getting to the network test. Since I don't have a PS3, I hope anyone here that gets accepted to the Close Beta posts a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG-JuBD ... B4rR--NM7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG-JuBD ... B4rR--NM7w
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)
L (Death Note)











