Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by buutenks » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:48 am

apex_pretador wrote:
buutenks wrote:Well either frost different forms only increase his power by a very small percentage or current goku's base form is nothing like the preivous arcs, aka he is using much less power in base form and can multiply his power allot by going ssj and uses his full power once in ssgss.

That would explain why 2nd form frost could keep up with base goku, yet his final form totally got wrecked by ssj goku.
Base goku was doing good against a few % freeza, but that was even.
SS goku beat down 100% freeza

SS was, is , and has always been , a large boost.

Someone posted here that the statement of
"base beyond god goku being >= SSG"
is mistranslation

So, base goku did nothing, except having a little upperhand on freeza.
I am confused, what are you talking about?

What does this have to do with namek arc goku.

I am talking about bog and rof base goku.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:51 am

buutenks wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
buutenks wrote:Well either frost different forms only increase his power by a very small percentage or current goku's base form is nothing like the preivous arcs, aka he is using much less power in base form and can multiply his power allot by going ssj and uses his full power once in ssgss.

That would explain why 2nd form frost could keep up with base goku, yet his final form totally got wrecked by ssj goku.
Base goku was doing good against a few % freeza, but that was even.
SS goku beat down 100% freeza

SS was, is , and has always been , a large boost.

Someone posted here that the statement of
"base beyond god goku being >= SSG"
is mistranslation

So, base goku did nothing, except having a little upperhand on freeza.
I am confused, what are you talking about?

What does this have to do with namek arc goku.

I am talking about bog and rof base goku.
I was giving an example.

Super still shows SS as as big of boost as ever, unlike GT, where SS seems like barely a boost
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on power levels.

I have never cared about power levels at all. They became completely useless after the frieza Saga. Nobody knows and people go in circles over who's stronger. It's quite hilarious to read people talking multipliers and crap like that. I don't even think the creator remembers how strong someone is supposed to be lol.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:01 pm

julianix wrote:Just wanted to give my 2 cents on power levels.

I have never cared about power levels at all. They became completely useless after the frieza Saga. Nobody knows and people go in circles over who's stronger. It's quite hilarious to read people talking multipliers and crap like that. I don't even think the creator remembers how strong someone is supposed to be lol.
What contribution is in mocking aspects that fans enjoy and discuss in a story? Power levels may be revised at any time, but they are still one of the dozens of reasons that make Dragon Ball be the success it is today.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:33 pm

Just because you never cared for them doesn't mean other people don't. So please next time instead of wasting our time with this kind of nonsense please don't say anything at all.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:43 am

apex_pretador wrote: I was giving an example.

Super still shows SS as as big of boost as ever, unlike GT, where SS seems like barely a boost
Ah,well it is a boost, unknown how big tho.

Granted goku went from base form being around assault form frost to being far more powerful than final form frost as ssj.

Still first time i saw the episode, i thought goku is hiding most of his power, even as ssj. Basically he is fighting with his power prior to the god powerup.

Ofc now after rewatching it i can safely say that assault form frost is very powerful and that goku wasnt hiding his power as i previously thought.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:51 am

buutenks wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: I was giving an example.

Ah,well it is a boost, unknown how big tho.

Granted goku went from base form being around assault form frost to being far more powerful than final form frost as ssj.

Still first time i saw the episode, i thought goku is hiding most of his power, even as ssj. Basically he is fighting with his power prior to the god powerup.

Ofc now after rewatching it i can safely say that assault form frost is very powerful and that goku wasnt hiding his power as i previously thought.
SS goku was as strong as SSG, before training with whis. So, frost being wrecked by SSG level means nothing except he is not as strong as SSG. After turning SS, goku was not going all out maybe, but he was going all out in base atleast
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:57 am

apex_pretador wrote:[

BoG SSG is approximately = God Ki Goku with SSJ.
Toriyama says SSG is approximately 6 vs 10 for Beerus. Further Beerus states he had to use 70% of his power.
We have no idea what the power level of SSB is except that is less than Beerus.
With Goku at a 6 power level or even 5 if we want to be conservative his power boost would still need to be under x2 to be below Beerus's 10.
Furthermore it likely couldn't be just below Beerus as Golden Frieza was stronger but had less stamina. Meaning if SSB was a 9 vs Beerus's 10 then Golden Frieza would have been at or above Beerus level.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

TheMikado wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:[

BoG SSG is approximately = God Ki Goku with SSJ.
Toriyama says SSG is approximately 6 vs 10 for Beerus. Further Beerus states he had to use 70% of his power.
We have no idea what the power level of SSB is except that is less than Beerus.
With Goku at a 6 power level or even 5 if we want to be conservative his power boost would still need to be under x2 to be below Beerus's 10.
Furthermore it likely couldn't be just below Beerus as Golden Frieza was stronger but had less stamina. Meaning if SSB was a 9 vs Beerus's 10 then Golden Frieza would have been at or above Beerus level.
who says that base goku = SSG goku?
there is no way it is possible, as base vegeta was stronger than base goku (pre whis)
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Zombie wrote:

Just because you never cared for them doesn't mean other people don't. So please next time instead of wasting our time with this kind of nonsense please don't say anything at all.
Hey if you like discussing power levels then more power to you. I'll still keep on thinking it's stupid as hell. Maybe that was mean of me. I'm sorry, carry on.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:44 pm

apex_pretador wrote: who says that base goku = SSG goku?
there is no way it is possible, as base vegeta was stronger than base goku (pre whis)
Base goku punched that big ki ball and dispersed it at the end of the goku vs beerus fight...so ye...

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:20 pm

Have you ever even watched BoG, Super, GT, or anything other than DBZ?
Again have no idea where you're getting your Vegeta base pre-Whis is stronger than Goku.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:01 am

TheMikado wrote:
Have you ever even watched BoG, Super, GT, or anything other than DBZ?
Again have no idea where you're getting your Vegeta base pre-Whis is stronger than Goku.
by goku's quote
buutenks wrote:
Base goku punched that big ki ball and dispersed it at the end of the goku vs beerus fight...so ye...
isn't it possible that he got a power boost at that exact instant? like a rage boost type thing? or anything else to indicate that?
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:17 am

isn't it possible that he got a power boost at that exact instant? like a rage boost type thing? or anything else to indicate that?
Rage boost to God Tier levels? The only one allowed to do that without a transformation is Vegeta.
Besides you would actually need to be enraged to have a rage boost.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:24 am

TheMikado wrote:
Rage boost to God Tier levels? The only one allowed to do that without a transformation is Vegeta.
When did Vegeta rage boost to God Tier?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:25 am

TheMikado wrote:
not exactly rage boost, but something like "desperation boost" or whatever

I mean his power might've spiked at the exact instant due to his SSG powers, and when he calmed down after battle, it merged with his SS form , i.e. , only accessible in SS form
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:44 pm

How much did Piccolo improve?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Noah wrote:How much did Piccolo improve?
If he was able to defeat Frost, I'd say by very good amount. But then again, he may have been able to use cunning and strategy to defeat Frost. I'd say we wait until the episode airs and then we can get a decent gauge of his strength.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Took a punch from Tagoma and needed a senzu bean, takes a punch from Frost and was only knocked backwards.

A lot, I'd say.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:18 pm

I guess Vegeta was right. Maybe the humans should stop slacking off and be Super Humans already.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!