"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:25 am

JeffJarrett wrote:Is that Adult GT Goku or just an alternate costume for the regular Goku?
It's regular Goku with GT outfit.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:54 pm

I still can't believe they're adding SSJ3 Future Gohan, but not Ultimate Future Gohan which would have made more sense.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:24 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I still can't believe they're adding SSJ3 Future Gohan, but not Ultimate Future Gohan which would have made more sense.
Well hes in the Shin Budokai games. Its possible hell be added.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 pm

I believe it was said Gogeta is colored that way because he was a fused SSJ4.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 am

So, here is the SEC, as expected. At least they didn't waste time using both forms as separate cards.

Also, not a 100% clean rip, but a much better quality video of the JM1 animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXT5qVBTu8
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:32 am

How did they call the form? Super?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:How did they call the form? Super?
Hmm, why "super"? It's just a disguise situation. Not like being in one form or the other changes her strength.

Anyway:
乙姫 → 邪悪龍
Otohime → Jaakuryū
Young Princess → Evil Dragon

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:12 am

I don't like it when the secret cards are predictable, defeats the whole purpose of them being secret. I was hoping for a double secret again to make it more exciting.
I have a feeling they are going to cover one dragon at the time whilst doing Dragon Ball on the side.

The master list has been updated with all the models and the proper naming for them.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Anyone else noticed the fur mistake on SSJ4 Son Goku's stomach in that video? Although it's correct in the first millisecond, it's gone immediately after it.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:33 pm

New animated opening added to the vault, which you can access from my signature. More information about it on my Projects Guide.

In another note, I really wish "Young Princess" truly was Liu Xing Long's true and only form, instead of that ugly ass "dragon" form. They should have spent some more time designing the dragons, half of them look really ugly and goofy, they should have been more intimidating.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:48 pm

DNA wrote:New animated opening added to the vault, which you can access from my signature. More information about it on my Projects Guide.

In another note, I really wish "Young Princess" truly was Liu Xing Long's true and only form, instead of that ugly ass "dragon" form. They should have spent some more time designing the dragons, half of them look really ugly and goofy, they should have been more intimidating.
Well you know how Toriyama does villains. They seem rather plain and nonthreatening at first (Freeza, Buu), then go into a monstrous grotesque form, then it goes into a more sometimes elegant and refined look (Final From Freeza, Perfect Cell).
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:58 pm

I much prefer the look of her Evil Dragon design myself.

I see a good chunk of people complain that most of the Evil Dragons don't even look like dragons, but I disagree. True, they don't look like your typical eastern or western dragons, or even much like a typical Toriyama designed dragon/dinosaur, but they all still have a draconic appearance to me. Qi Xing Long teeters that line on occasion though and, unlike her true form, Liu Xing Long's princess form doesn't come close to anything draconic. At all.

I mean, I like the design, but if my choice were to ax one of the forms? I'd get rid of Otohime in a snap...that, or recycle the design for a different character entirely. Maybe she could have fit back during the search for the Ultimate Dragon Balls? But that doesn't work of course since she was created afterwards.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Oh, I never said they don't look draconic, they do, it's just that they don't look intimidating at all. I understand your opinion towards Liu Xing Long's Princess form, but I can see the draconic influences in her design, it would probably be better if she was a bit more draconic, making her like a dragon humanoid.

In my opinion, the only true cool/intimidating ones are Si Xing Long and Yi Xing Long. Can you honestly tell me that the true forms of Qi Xing Long and Wu Xing Long aren't the goofiest looking? They look so pathetic and helpless, especially Qi. And Wu? With that cocky smirk? Who's he trying to kid?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:46 pm

I wasn't just talking about you there, it's a general thought I've seen many places that I just tossed in for the sake of mentioning it. There are definitely draconic inspirations in her design, but the design it self doesn't lead me to feel like she's supposed to be a dragon. At best, if this were another franchise, I'd say she were some kind of Dragon Priestess or some kind of medium between humans and the beasts.

I won't argue that most of them don't feel intimidating, but with their roles in the story, I don't have much of an issue with that. I think I'd feel worse if all of them were designed to look like major threats and then ending up getting the same lackluster treatment GT gave all but the final three.

Honestly, I just like the fact that Liu Xing Long is almost certainly a girl and yet is fairly hideous looking in dragon form and kinda wish she had stayed that way from the beginning. I mean, she's a dragon...I really don't feel the need for her to look pretty. And her dragon form, while not the coolest of the designs, is leagues ahead of Wu Xing Long and Qi Xing Long. Right being Yi, San and Si for me.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Some of the promo cards for those who may not have looked beyond the initial link the other day (though you can see them in the updated card package in my signature):

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

BTW, the Coola robot's official card title is ロボット兵 / Robotto-hei / Robot Soldier.

Also, video of our new grown-up Gotenks in action. You get to see the Burning Kamehameha and a team attack with himself, Goku and Vegeta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHjAeAg70o

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Hold on, I just thought of something. Since they randomly brought the Robot Soldier now and Core Metal Coola seems to be all the rage lately... You see where I'm getting at?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:00 pm

DNA wrote:Hold on, I just thought of something. Since they randomly brought the Robot Soldier now and Core Metal Coola seems to be all the rage lately... You see where I'm getting at?
Meta Cooler returns movie in the works

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Did they forget Dr. Wheelo and his Bio-warriors? All the DBZ movies are represented except theirs.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:03 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Meta Cooler returns movie in the works
Erm... Yes! That's what I meant... *rolls eyes*
JeffJarrett wrote:Did they forget Dr. Wheelo and his Bio-warriors? All the DBZ movies are represented except theirs.
Nah, they'll probably cover that eventually. Thing is, they keep going back and forth and adding characters from features already covered. So at this point, who knows what's coming next? It's free game, I don't feel comfortable claiming that any character at all might not be covered. They might go back and put Yakon in, or Slug's footsoldiers.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:18 pm

JeffJarrett wrote:Did they forget Dr. Wheelo and his Bio-warriors? All the DBZ movies are represented except theirs.
We probably have at least 6 more JM, so don't worry. Besides, Garlic Jr. is a recent addition. :wink: