"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:01 am

This saga will be filler if there is not any word about it being written by Toriyama, just like that "Potaufeu" is (and unlike Gods Tournament and Future Trunks sagas, both were announced as being written by the author).
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 am

Grimlock wrote:This saga will be filler if there is not any word about it being written by Toriyama, just like that "Potaufeu" is (and unlike Gods Tournament and Future Trunks sagas, both being announced as being written by the author).
I dont remember Potaufeu Arc being "hyped" in the Magazine, The upcoming Arc being be connected to another one(Saiyan Saga to Namek Saga). Although for some reason this could bit a similar to when Ledgic was forced to fight Goku in GT and the main villain of that arc was a weakling IIRC.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:04 am

Grimlock wrote:This saga will be filler if there is not any word about it being written by Toriyama, just like that "Potaufeu" is (and unlike Gods Tournament and Future Trunks sagas, both were announced as being written by the author).
Maybe but Potafu wasn't announced like this was it? At any rate I think Jump Festa is on the week before this arc starts so we should know for sure soon!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:06 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Maybe but Potafu wasn't announced like this was it? At any rate I think Jump Festa is on the week before this arc starts so we should know for sure soon!
This Hit stuff wasn't exactly made out to be a big announcement though, they are even reusing art from the Champa arc. It also makes sense to do some kind of announcement (even if it's small like this) for this arc if it is filler just because it has a fan favorite character returning.
Also Jump Festa's second day is the day that the Hit episode airs, lending more credence to the idea that this isn't Toriyama's next arc.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:10 am

Pretty excited by the episode titles, especially with the return of Champa confirmed. The baseball episode should be funny. I was hoping for a few more slice-of-life episodes rather than another Potafu-style filler arc, but if the writers expand on Hit this could be interesting. I'll hold off judgement until we know how long this arc will be, and whether or not it is indeed filler.
Last edited by Dragon Ball Ireland on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:13 am

I'm also getting some filler saga vibes from that episode title. The Arale and Yamcha episodes are clearly slice of life, but the Hit thing also feels like it's gonna be a "Garlic Jr. saga". Toyotarou is going to jump ahead with the manga through ignoring this upcoming thing for sure.
I can't imagine the Hit thing being the new big arc, because Jump Festa will be on December 17th-18th, and the Hit thing also starts on December 18th. That means they'd go "Oh yeah, our announcement is that there's a new arc starting right now", which would be weird... and not much of an announcement, really.

Also I'm assuming Whis will rewind time after Goku vs Arale destroys the planet.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:13 am

Ok, the title of Episode 70 looks similar to the title of DBZ episode 4, when Goku dies during the battle with Raditz, I guess this will be an excuse to take Goku out of this Arc then Vegeta becomes the protagonist(temporarily), this could help to make Piccolo relevant again imo. We know Gohan as a character is done in the show.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 am

No..
This is definitely not a new arc revealed.. Hit vs Goku happening like this without any announcements at all is absurd..
On other note.. oh god the happy feelings coursing through me when I see Yamcha being important against a match by champa ..
Who would have thought..

I cannot explain how champa knew of baseball though..
Godtube? Anyone.. :clap:
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:16 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Maybe but Potafu wasn't announced like this was it? At any rate I think Jump Festa is on the week before this arc starts so we should know for sure soon!
This Hit stuff wasn't exactly made out to be a big announcement though, they are even reusing art from the Champa arc. It also makes sense to do some kind of announcement (even if it's small like this) for this arc if it is filler just because it has a fan favorite character returning.
Also Jump Festa's second day is the day that the Hit episode airs, lending more credence to the idea that this isn't Toriyama's next arc.
Is it? Well then yeah youre probably right Toyo will probably skip this and jump to whatever is announced. The premise for this arc is certainly interesting hope they deliver!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:19 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I cannot explain how champa knew of baseball though..
Universe 6's Earth was revived after the Champa arc. This we know. Champa probably then visited U6 Earth to taste its food (as hyped by Beerus and cup ramen) and ran into a baseball match along the way, liking the idea of it.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:20 am

perucho1990 wrote:Ok, the title of Episode 70 looks similar to the title of DBZ episode 4, when Goku dies during the battle with Raditz, I guess this will be an excuse to take Goku out of this Arc then Vegeta becomes the protagonist(temporarily), this could help to make Piccolo relevant again imo. We know Gohan as a character is done in the show.
Vegeta beating Hit as revenge for Goku's death could be great! Also if this truly is a filler arc then there is absolutely no way Gohan or Piccolo will do anything. They would have to grow exponentially in power and I don't think a filler arc is willing to do that for them.
Last edited by kinisking on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:23 am

Alruneia wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I cannot explain how champa knew of baseball though..
Universe 6's Earth was revived after the Champa arc. This we know. Champa probably then visited U6 Earth to taste its food (as hyped by Beerus and cup ramen) and ran into a baseball match along the way, liking the idea of it.
Huh.. for some reason I totally forgot this part of the story..
It's a much interesting explanation than godtube surely.. also gives more depth to the Character, knowing things are happening without us seeing it too..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:24 am

I wish it was Vegeta who was targeted for assassination, not Goku!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:29 am

Guys...
The one who put a assassination request on goku.. could it be frost?

He seems like that kind of guy who would do that and has the money to pull this off

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Guys...

He seems like that kind of guy who would do that and has the money to pull this off
That seems pretty likely actually, I mean who else from Universe 6 would want Goku dead?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:31 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

That seems pretty likely actually, I mean who else from Universe 6 would want Goku dead?
I doubt it's Frost since the person who knocked him into the barrier was Vegeta.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:32 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I wish it was Vegeta who was targeted for assassination, not Goku!
Why? Hit and Goku have a backstory and this could lead to Vegeta getting more of a spotlight.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:33 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

Why would Frost want Goku dead? Goku never did any harm to him. Jaco exposed him and Vegeta humiliated him.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:34 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

That is assuming that whoever paid Hit is from U6. They might not be.
kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I wish it was Vegeta who was targeted for assassination, not Goku!
Why? Hit and Goku have a backstory and this could lead to Vegeta getting more of a spotlight.
For that reason!!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:36 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

Maybe it's Whis the one who hired Hit, in order to test Goku.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.