"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:38 am

kinisking wrote: Vegeta beating Hit as revenge for Goku's death could be great! Also if this truly is a filler arc then there is absolutely no way Gohan or Piccolo will do anything. They would have to grow exponentially in power and I don't think a filler arc is willing to do that for them.
Gohan has a fair chance in becoming stronger after what happened to Mirai Trunks, and the whole talk of his potential being great.

Seeing his dad die again would be a great motivation for him to train again.

Vegeta should get his payback vs Hit, he already beat up Golden Freeza and Black.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:39 am

Brace yourselves, Universe 7's pro-baseball star, Yamcha-sama is coming!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:43 am

kinisking wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Guys...
The one who put a assassination request on goku.. could it be frost?

He seems like that kind of guy who would do that and has the money to pull this off
That seems pretty likely actually, I mean who else from Universe 6 would want Goku dead?
Why would Frost want Goku dead? Goku never did any harm to him. Jaco exposed him and Vegeta humiliated him.
Frost might have just said kill that golden haired Saiyan.. talking about vegeta
And hit might have assumed it's goku..
As vegeta was fodder to him for all he cares..

That will also be the reason why goku wouldn't die by hit as he was not the intended target but vegeta was...

EDIT: As someone mentioned it could also be whis, doing this to test goku. That also seems like a good possibility
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:48 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:Brace yourselves, Universe 7's pro-baseball star, Yamcha-sama is coming!
Oh, yeah! I can't wait to see how this will play out. Even if it's filler I would like to watch something very comedic after all the hard hitting and drama from the last arc.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:48 am

By far what I'm most hyped for is Yamcha playing baseball. While Hit returning makes me worried that it might lead to disappointment, even if the premise itself has a bunch of potential. Prove me wrong Toei!

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:52 am

I never thought that i would ever be hyped about an episode revolving around Yamcha...

As for Gohan,..yeah he likely won't start training again.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:53 am

perucho1990 wrote:
kinisking wrote: Vegeta beating Hit as revenge for Goku's death could be great! Also if this truly is a filler arc then there is absolutely no way Gohan or Piccolo will do anything. They would have to grow exponentially in power and I don't think a filler arc is willing to do that for them.
Gohan has a fair chance in becoming stronger after what happened to Mirai Trunks, and the whole talk of his potential being great.

Vegeta should get his payback vs Hit, he already beat up Golden Freeza and Black.
I at this point have lost all hope for Gohan being a fighter ever again..
But I have a weird feeling that piccolo is gonna gain massive power boost..

And if Gohan has to redeem himself again it will be in arc.. definitely not in a filler arc..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:55 am

So it this title legit?

December 18: Goku dies! Assassination order that must be performed.

Goku dies and nobody cares? :lol:

I have to say that i'm hyped for Hit's comeback. He's been paid, so he has to do the job no matter what.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:02 am

thegamer23 wrote:So it this title legit?

I have to say that i'm hyped for Hit's comeback. He's been paid, so he has to do the job no matter what.
You're right in being skeptical. I wouldn't bet these titles were 100% legit unless Herms confirms them soon.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:10 am

Ki Breaker wrote:

And if Gohan has to redeem himself again it will be in arc.. definitely not in a filler arc..
With Goku gone, Vegeta might ask Gohan to train with him(look what he did to Mirai Trunks who later became a powerhouse), if not then he is recruiting Cabba who also has untapped potential(For a reason Vados picked him for the U6 tournament).

Hit in the anime looks that strong that it feels either u are Hakaishin level or u need lots of SSJB tier people to put him down.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:11 am

DBS916 wrote:

You're right in being skeptical. I wouldn't bet these titles were 100% legit unless Herms confirms them soon.
It is legit we got a scan, they might not be translated 100% well but we get the jist of it.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:13 am

Baseball player Yamcha coming back?
Arale?
Hit!?

If this is real then holy shit I'm going to enjoy these next few episodes, filler or not :D
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:14 am

Let's see how much Toyotaro will skip in this next chapter. Depending how much, we could get a hint of what might come next in the last page of the next one.
Last edited by Grimlock on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:16 am

Grimlock wrote:Let's see how much Toyotaro will skip in this next chapter. Depending how much, we could get a hint of what might come next in the last chapter of this year.
Maybe Goku dies offpanel like Mirai Bulma did?

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBS916 wrote:

It is legit we got a scan, they might not be translated 100% well but we get the jist of it.
That's cool. I was skeptical of the titles because I didn't see Herms tweet it and felt the titles could be faked. Thanks for the update.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:23 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

This is exactly how I feel.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:34 am

"Goku dies" is the mission Hit has been given. It doesn't mean he actually dies. It's like someone saying "Goku dies, make it happen".
That's personally how I interpret it. Vegeta getting more spotlight? he's had a ton already. Give more to Piccolo and the boys if anything.

I believe I heard something about the next Arc reveal coming at the Jump Festa at the end of December?.
It looks as though this Hit/Goku scenario could be filler.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:38 am

If it is a Toei original arc, there's no way they can change things too much to not write them into a corner. Goku dieing will add another bump to the timeline because they'll need the Dragon Balls (or not). On the other hand, if this isn't Toriyama's plot could it still include some "foreshadowing" to it like Bloomer's soon-to-be-Time-Machine-fuel liquid?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:43 am

alakazam^ wrote:If it is a Toei original arc, there's no way they can change things too much to not write them into a corner. Goku dieing will add another bump to the timeline because they'll need the Dragon Balls (or not). On the other hand, if this isn't Toriyama's plot could it still include some "foreshadowing" to it like Bloomer's soon-to-be-Time-Machine-fuel liquid?
I see.. that's interesting..
Maybe they are doing this because they made hit too powerful in anime than he was meant to be?
And this is being done so goku can this time defeat him with ssb alone and show us ssb is now more powerful thus not having consistency issue in the next tournament arc..
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:44 am

alakazam^ wrote:If it is a Toei original arc, there's no way they can change things too much to not write them into a corner. Goku dieing will add another bump to the timeline because they'll need the Dragon Balls (or not). On the other hand, if this isn't Toriyama's plot could it still include some "foreshadowing" to it like Bloomer's soon-to-be-Time-Machine-fuel liquid?
"Goku die!" seems like Hit's order, not like Goku actually dying.