"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes

Post by Metrite » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:55 am

In the past I had assumed that may be another of GT's mistakes. The very first time I saw GT, I had always thought the tail should turn gold in ssj forms like the rest of the hair. When Goku went straight to ssj3 it did. Then later on when he uses just ssj1 it was brown and I thought either that must be a design mistake or it was meant to be that way which didn't quite make sense. But then again, GT is all about not making sense so I guess it works out. lol It just feels like common sense that the tail should change color if all the rest does. But if GT's establishment (which may have been one of its countless mistakes) has led to all ssj1s having brown tails, oh well. I guess we'll have to wait until we get ssj3 Bardock. :lol:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 am

Almost all of the GT promotional material I've seen, such as the Perfect Files, have Goku with a golden tail in SS. I wouldn't doubt the fact that someone screwed up coloring Goku's tail in episode 45 (I think that's it) and then just ran with it for the next episode (GT, and the anime for the franchise as a whole, has done worse).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOgbFGi0pfg
Has this been posted yet? It's more new animation!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 am

My thoughts on this commerical:
-the announcer, while not standing out much, sounds familiar to me. (I want to say I've heard this voice in something One Piece-related, possibly?)
-nice blip of new animation; reminds me of the Raging Blast 2 special though (not sure what I think of that)
-introducing Freeza and Cold using what sounds like a flamenco guitar riff is kind of amusing. XD
-marketing-wise, nice idea to point out the fact that there's a tie-in manga for Bardock going on right now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 am

The commercial was posted a while back, but not in youtube form.

I love how badass they made Freeza's clan look

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Hmmm... the hidden silhouette figure. Freeza's mother?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanos wrote:Hmmm... the hidden silhouette figure. Freeza's mother?
No, it's Chilled from the Bardock manga

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Announcer sounds a little like Nobuo Tobita.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

All the animated promos in one video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mR_xBe2 ... r_embedded
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:39 am

Seems we get a new Freeza card featuring some background Chilled artwork in the new Saikyou Jump. The announcement for the next magazine featured Goku and SS Goku in Ooishi's SD art, and Bardock in her normal art. What this means, I have no idea...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:10 pm

I know I'm a bit late on this but I was expecting Namekian Hero, Berserker and Elite, not Freeza Clan members. I'm pleasantly surprised. Makes me wonder what else will we get in the future (if anything), maybe there's a chance for fiends? Although that would be kinda weird.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah I find it odd that we got Freeza's clan before Namekian.

We also don't have female Majin yet either, which I imagine would be another next step.

Other ideas:
Male and female Human
Evil Freeza's Clan (the current ones are supposed to be good guys)
Good and evil Namek (since no females)
Male and female Android
Male and female Kaioshin
Male and female Demons

Dunno what other major races you could make classes of without going into borderline obscurity.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:54 pm

It says:

Freeza
Death Ball

- When Freeza's Mortal Finisher is invoked in suite of a successful Burst, increase the damage dealt to Enemy!

- Furthermore, if Super Burst is invoked, decrease an attacking Enemy's Power by 500!

Get this card so you can make use of Freeza's Burst ability!

And maybe it's just me, but I'm hoping for GT races too ... Machine Mutants / Neo-Machine Mutants (in Baby's case) and Evil Dragons, please.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 pm

NeoKING wrote:And maybe it's just me, but I'm hoping for GT races too ... Machine Mutants / Neo-Machine Mutants (in Baby's case) and Evil Dragons, please.
That would be pretty boss, but I dunno. What GT cards do we have currently? I think I remember seeing GT Trunks and Pan once. Maybe those were fakes...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Whait a miniute... I think the next ones will be Cell-like characters! Think about it: we have Saiyans(Vegeta), Freeza Clan(Freeza) and Majins(Boo). Maybe the avatar characters are all based to DBZ main villains. And Namekians are also possible, don't forget Piccolo Daimao... :wink:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Race of Hera aka Bojack's race, now that would be freaking badass.

No offence Luke Groundwalker, but you do realize that both humans and android are similar, albeit not being the same, they would also be similar to saiyans, only without tails, so in hindsight I personally think that would be a bit of creative waste of time... Same goes for evil Freeza Clan and namek, if you can have a new and original race, why go for the same in another situation? I think female saiyans to be a waste of creative time but at least we've barely seen female saiyans so I'll excuse that one.

Kaioshins are a nice idea. Cell characters would be cool.
Oh and DZGTKOSDH, no need to go Daimao, you've already have Slug.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:20 pm

DNA wrote:No offence Luke Groundwalker, but you do realize that both humans and android are similar, albeit not being the same, they would also be similar to saiyans, only without tails, so in hindsight I personally think that would be a bit of creative waste of time... Same goes for evil Freeza Clan and namek, if you can have a new and original race, why go for the same in another situation? I think female saiyans to be a waste of creative time but at least we've barely seen female saiyans so I'll excuse that one.
I completely disagree. Androids could easily be distinguished if they all had Red Ribbon affiliation and were leftover creations of Dr. Gero or something. They could be based off the weird and crazy designs of characters like Android 19, Android 16, and the three movie androids and whatnot.

Why not just do this

Android Hero = Cyborgs
Android Elite = Cell-esque
Android Berserker = Robots

Human Hero = Turtle school
Human Elite = Crane school
Human Berserker = Sword school (from DBO)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Luke Groundwalker wrote:That would be pretty boss, but I dunno. What GT cards do we have currently? I think I remember seeing GT Trunks and Pan once. Maybe those were fakes...
None. They still haven't covered a lot of Z yet, no need to jump into GT for a while.

They still haven't covered DBZ Movies 1, 2, 3, 8/10, 11, 12, 13, Bardock Special, Trunks Special, or the Jump Special. From the normal series, were still missing characters like Vegetto, SS3 Gotenks, Monster Zarbon, Ultimate Gohan, Yakon, every form of Buu (except fat)...though Super/Evil is a promo card, Garlic Jr.'s four monarchs, Paikuhan, and Goku, Goten, Trunks, Pan, Uub from the very end of Z, etc. I do feel I have to note that I believe this is the first Z game in a LOOONG time to not include Broli (at least not right off the bat, seeing how it is updatable).
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Luke Groundwalker, fair enough, that sounds like a better idea, we'll just have to wait and see.

And it is strange they haven't covered Broly yet... They must be saving something special for it. So potentially we'll have 2 more sets of avatars, one for Broly and one for the late Buu arc. I'll take it they'll cover movies 8, 10 and 11 in one setting plus SS3 Broly.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Wow that is a lot they haven't covered.

Though I'm guessing the game is getting updated in "packs" in which certain sets focus on certain arcs from the anime in relation to a random movie. Before Slug I believe it was Bojack, for example.

I also notice a complete lack of any Dragonball (pre-Z) characters which would be fun to see.