Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:19 pm

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-173.html

This is going along pretty fast. I hope we get something original soon though, because for now, it's just basically Movie 8 in comic form.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:52 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The quicker they get through this the quicker we can get on to other battles.
Remind me again why something we're just "getting through" can't simply be skipped entirely.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:04 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The quicker they get through this the quicker we can get on to other battles.
Remind me again why something we're just "getting through" can't simply be skipped entirely.
That's something you should ask the writer.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:This is going along pretty fast.
Not for anyone who's actually seen Movie 8 before. Seriously, all this "recap" could have been done in one page instead of... what, three now? Maybe four?
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Not for anyone who's actually seen Movie 8 before. Seriously, all this "recap" could have been done in one page instead of... what, three now? Maybe four?
Actually, I have seen Movie 8 and I still think it's going fast.

I agree with you though; it seems pointless to tell a story that's already been told. They should've just recapped the story in one page and then gotten to the part where the universes branch off.

FuniYamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by FuniYamcha » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:22 pm

I figure that they're doing this to give themselves time to write/draw more of the story...but why didn't they just do this before they even had any of the actual stuff with Broly? Seems weird to just interrupt the whole sequence of events...
Not a problem.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:

I agree with you though; it seems pointless to tell a story that's already been told. They should've just recapped the story in one page and then gotten to the part where the universes branch off.
I'm just hoping that there's a big, and I mean BIG, difference that separates this universe from the others. It can't just be Broli wins and kills everyone," oh no, no, no. There better be sodomy at the end of this recap. I will accept nothing less.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:07 pm

FuniYamcha wrote:I figure that they're doing this to give themselves time to write/draw more of the story...but why didn't they just do this before they even had any of the actual stuff with Broly? Seems weird to just interrupt the whole sequence of events...
I see it more like the flashback in Rurôni Kenshin's Jinchû arc, or the opening to Return of the King, in terms of writing technique. In terms of page-to-film adaptation, like a Manga adapted into Anime, the pages so far probably wouldn't take up a minute. In the long run, I don't think we'll necessarily be looking back on these pages and thinking they were that big a deal.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

FuniYamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by FuniYamcha » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:00 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
FuniYamcha wrote:I figure that they're doing this to give themselves time to write/draw more of the story...but why didn't they just do this before they even had any of the actual stuff with Broly? Seems weird to just interrupt the whole sequence of events...
I see it more like the flashback in Rurôni Kenshin's Jinchû arc, or the opening to Return of the King, in terms of writing technique. In terms of page-to-film adaptation, like a Manga adapted into Anime, the pages so far probably wouldn't take up a minute. In the long run, I don't think we'll necessarily be looking back on these pages and thinking they were that big a deal.
Foresight? To hell with that, I'll continue to ignore that the pacing of the entire manga itself is actually quite fast. We complained about how long the Dabura/Cell fight took, when realistically it was actually pretty short since it was 18 pages, or something like that. Hindsight is where it's at, so I'll get there when I get there.
Scarz wrote: I'm just hoping that there's a big, and I mean BIG, difference that separates this universe from the others. It can't just be Broli wins and kills everyone," oh no, no, no. There better be sodomy at the end of this recap. I will accept nothing less.
Oh, don't worry, based on the fact that this Broly likes to uncover himself and go wild on the Z fighters, you can bet there will be plenty of sodomy.
Not a problem.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Salagir on Page 174 wrote:About the choice of a Genkidama

Most of you would say that in the movie, Gokû was already doing a Genkidama, except it wasn't said. So I answer, yes and no.
In the film, it's a scene from Saint Seiya that's happening. We see weird auras (which we never saw and will never see again in Dragon Ball), Gokû takes them and suddenly becomes invincible. What the hell is that?
If Kulilin did the same thing, could he have pierced Broly with his fist too? If Gohan SSJ2 gave his energy to his father, Son Gokû could have beaten Cell?
So my idea was to replace it by a real Genkidama.
Plus, as it's the first time we take the entire energy of people and not just a part as usual, it could have given the idea to Vegeta, to do the same thing against Buu!

I'm told that in the film with the Cyborgs (DBZ movie number 7), Kulilin says that you have to be pure of heart to throw a Genkidama, and that a SSJ is not.
So first...
- Where did Kulilin get these informations?
- Precisely he says it in order to point out that in spite of these laws, SSJ Gokû managed to do it in the movie! He even absorbs it, to become invincible again...
So let's imagine it's true... here is my answer:
Gokû spent a year training to keep his SSJ state all the time, so he wouldn't be "excited" any more by this transformation. I believe that it's clear, since his journey in the Spirit Room, that Gokû is once again totally pure of heart in SSJ1. (see how his eyes are round again)

I also want to say that this chapter shows how happened the fight against Broly, as it is in the memories of our heroes of universe 18 ("our DBZ"). For me, for DBM, the real movie didn't happen, what happened, is this (it's more compatible with the rest).
So, basically, Gokû wins the day with a Genki Dama (which supposedly never works, but we all know how that turns out). [/url]
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:15 pm

He should find a native English speaker to translate the English version, or at least someone to QC it. It's like watching bad fansubs.
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 pm

"The Genkidama never works! I of all people know that!"

:lol:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:49 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:"The Genkidama never works! I of all people know that!"

:lol:
You know, it's nice seeing the characters acknowledge obvious trends in the series. For example, it would be hilarious if all the other characters just sat on their asses because "Goku's gonna beat him".
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:21 pm

"The Genkidama never works! I of all people know that!"

I lol'd.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Did they screw up on Gohan's hair color...? It looks like a banana...
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Did they screw up on Gohan's hair color...? It looks like a banana...
Looks like Movie Six coloring to me...
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:01 am

Shiyonasan wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:

Considering Movie 8 is the longest of the movies, I'd say 3-5 pages sums it up very nicely.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:06 am

JulieYBM wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:Did they screw up on Gohan's hair color...? It looks like a banana...
Which movie six are you watching, the one I have the characters all have light yellow hair, not this over saturated shit.

Why is this important? Consistency... again.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:51 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Which movie six are you watching, the one I have the characters all have light yellow hair, not this over saturated shit.

Why is this important? Consistency... again.
This Movie Six:

She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:56 am

Oh shit I'm sorry I wasn't thinking :oops: I didn't even think about the movie numbering and just assumed you were talking about the first Broly movie. My mistake.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ