"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Yeah... they should have aged the Slump characters. At least they remembered that Mashirito is dead.

And Toriyama should appear too!

"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:05 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Piccolo will definitely get a role, he always get a role even if its a small one like in U6 and Mirai Trunks Arc.

I agree with the guy that says this should go the Detective Conan way in finding out where Hit is and who assigned him to kill Goku. Perfect excuse for the Gang to visit all of the Universes.
Exactly Piccolo always gets a role no matter how small.

I just want everyone to gey onto a space adventure and visiting new planets and universes so we get loads of different new characters and fights.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:27 pm

第071話「Goku Dies! Assassination order that must be performed」(12/18)
"The return of the most powerful assassin! The super explosive assassination technique !!" The rest says that the strongest assassin of the universe is here, its target would be Goku, the identity of the person behind this ...]

So who do u think is the one that hired Hit?

Zeno guards? Vados? One of the unknown Hakaishin? Gowasu?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:31 pm

perucho1990 wrote:第071話「Goku Dies! Assassination order that must be performed」(12/18)
"The return of the most powerful assassin! The super explosive assassination technique !!" The rest says that the strongest assassin of the universe is here, its target would be Goku, the identity of the person behind this ...]

If this anything like the Black arc we won't find out ASAP they'll probably drag the mystery out.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:40 pm

It sounds more like an order that must be done rather than literally Goku dies (it says "That MUST be performed" ). Tho I do hope they recast Gohan and Goten, that may be the reason as to why they werent present in the FT arc and these upcoming ones could get affected. Voicing Goku alone should be too much for her lungs as well, cause of Goku's hyper energetic way of talking.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:40 pm

I absolutely adore grease-ball lawyer Goku. I hope to God this outfit and hairstyle is not a one time deal.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Decent art is this our buddy Yamamuro?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yep. That's 100% Yamamuro.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:41 pm

perucho1990 wrote:第071話「Goku Dies! Assassination order that must be performed」(12/18)

I called it, It's Monaka paying with all that gold he received from Beerus. He is preventing himself from being embarrased again and go to that tournament.
Just kidding but it would be great for me. :P

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Someone completely new and unrelated or it called be domeone like the king of Sadal thinking Goku is a bad saiyan or something and maybe Vegeta is the next target after Goku.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
How many episodes do these cover? It almost looks like this one only has #46 and #47.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:50 pm

I still think the "That MUST be performed" part is supposed to imply something important.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:25 pm

I hope that is not another villain obsessed with Goku.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:52 pm

So Nozawa actually asked for Gohan and Goten to not appear in this episode, because she's still tired of FT Trunks arc.
I actually talked about this possibility months ago, when trying to figure out why Gohan/Goten are always out of the frontlines since Champa arc. Seems like it's true.

It's understandable since she's 80 years old, but I don't like how these two have to be away because the voice actor can't keep up. It's not like in this episode they would do much, but they always getting out of the picture whenever a major arcs happens it's getting annoying. Toei should start looking for Nozawa's successor, because the time is coming.

- Goku's new haircut-
Never thought the day would come where I would see Goku with new hairstyle. What a Sir! Approved! :thumbup:

-Toyotaro's poster-

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Don't like how Merged Zamasu looks like a Jojo's character. Like everything else.

*Back to play FFXV*
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Grimlock wrote:Is that Goku's next visual from the next episode!? :lol: :lol: :lol: What the hell! :crazy: How/what the hell Goku did to make his hair like that!? :lol: Damn, Dragon Ball Evolution is real! :lol:

Now I want to see how he looks like as a Super Saiyan with that hair! :roll:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Holy crap, Goku looking sharp! Never thought I see something like THIS! I bet you the moment he powers up, all of this is undone.

ArchedThunder wrote:The doctor Slump cast too
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And people thought Goten and Trunks not aging was bad.
Always awesome to see the Dr. Slump cast, though, shouldn't Nitro and their third child (Max, I think was his name?) be born by now? Also, I see they went with their 1980s designs rather 1990s. I must be one of the few who actually kind of liked those redesigns, huh?

Also, I wonder how Gohan and Goten are going to be handled. Can anyone think of some new voice actors for them?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
How many episodes do these cover? It almost looks like this one only has #46 and #47.
They'res definitely episode 48 there. There is the time machine and Shimanuki
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:03 pm

kinisking wrote:They'res definitely episode 48 there. There is the time machine and Shimanuki
Yeah, I noticed after I posted that there's six images, and two are from #46. So it has three episodes.

I hope these make it to North America, because I would buy them instantly. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Yamamuro deserves a lot of shit but I really do like the cover for that, it's probably the best thing he's done lately.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Grimlock wrote:Is that Goku's next visual from the next episode!? :lol: :lol: :lol: What the hell! :crazy: How/what the hell Goku did to make his hair like that!? :lol: Damn, Dragon Ball Evolution is real! :lol:

Now I want to see how he looks like as a Super Saiyan with that hair! :roll:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I think he becoming a Super Saiyan would be the same hairstyle, there's no way this gel to be that powerful :lol:

I'm the only that thought Goku with this look remembers me of Astro Boy? lol
Ki Breaker wrote:Goku dies.... I am way more happy about this than I should be...
What?! Was this confirmed? Damn, what a lame to kill the main character just for funsies in a filler arc, stupid Toei :problem:
Grimlock wrote:Why do people still think that characters receving toys mean they will appear in the anime series? I don't understand. :eh:
Because this Image was revelead way before we know blue haired SSJs were a thing in the RoF movie.
FortuneSSJ wrote:So Nozawa actually asked for Gohan and Goten to not appear in this episode, because she's still tired of FT Trunks arc.
Er... For realsies? People should really stop talking things as stated facts, did Nozawa actually said that in a interview or something or this is just assumption?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Noah wrote:Er... For realsies? People should really stop talking things as stated facts, did Nozawa actually said that in a interview or something or this is just assumption?
It's been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/804538551073280000

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's been confirmed.
Oh, I see... Well, I think is natural for a woman in her age, I hope she doesn't get sick though
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Noah wrote:
Doctor. wrote:It's been confirmed.
Oh, I see... Well, I think is natural for a woman in her age, I hope she doesn't get sick though
Just puts in perspective how much effort she pours in her performances, especially for her age. She's a once in a generation seiyuu.