Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Umm. Kicking your daughter isn't discipline. If I see any parent doing that, I'm calling Child Protection Services. I know these Saiyans are superhuman, but Vegito is way over Bra's level. A kick from him is still going to hurt like hell. Also, there are decades of research showing that corporal punishment is counterproductive at best and has a ton of negative effects, so...

This is abuse, plain and simple. And this is coming from the guy who said Vegito was in the right to kill Bra. The problem is this isn't the same Bra we've been shown up until now. Now that the plot demands it, she's no longer a murderous psychopath, just to make her seem like a victim. It's more baffling than shocking.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:02 pm

I wonder if it will all end with Vegetto getting unfused by Kaioshins or Shenron?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:43 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:36 pm I didn't say don't whopp you kids. I said don't do so in anger and don't decide you yourself is going to kill said kid.

Also if I fucked up and raised by kid so poorly that those incidents happened that's also on me as a parent.

My mother used a belt a on me but she always explained to me why after two verbal warnings and then comforted me afterwards. I never would have let someone influence me over her.
Anger always plays a part in disciplining your children because there's a level of frustration that you hit that brings you to that point. I understand that given the way their dynamic has been written by Salagir, Vegetto is coming off like the bad guy because he was always so hard on Bra due to his own inner demons but in this particular case he's not wrong, she lost control in one of the worst ways possible and he warned her that she has waaay too much power to not be as careful as possible and what did she do? Well we have a whole chapter detailing that part.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:53 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:43 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:36 pm I didn't say don't whopp you kids. I said don't do so in anger and don't decide you yourself is going to kill said kid.

Also if I fucked up and raised by kid so poorly that those incidents happened that's also on me as a parent.

My mother used a belt a on me but she always explained to me why after two verbal warnings and then comforted me afterwards. I never would have let someone influence me over her.
Anger always plays a part in disciplining your children because there's a level of frustration that you hit that brings you to that point. I understand that given the way their dynamic has been written by Salagir, Vegetto is coming off like the bad guy because he was always so hard on Bra due to his own inner demons but in this particular case he's not wrong, she lost control in one of the worst ways possible and he warned her that she has waaay too much power to not be as careful as possible and what did she do? Well we have a whole chapter detailing that part.
You can be angry when disciplining your kids without hitting them in anger. If your thought process I hope this teaches them, hitting is a last resort and it hurts me to him them thats more disciplining.

If your thought process is this little kid pissed me off and needs to hurt that's abuse.

disciplin with a belt and abuse are a thin line and not every parent can handle it. As said before the saiyans are not human they can go further with their children then we can with ours.

Goku even punches Gohan for example to save his life. In the state Bra is in attacking her the way Vegetto is doing is abuse especially with the way he raised her.

The last special for example when he punches her was done better as she was out of control.

Bra seems to have hit her rock bottom similar to how addicts do when they're ready to get clean, even if she deserves a beating which she probably does, right now is a time for words from her father and perhaps let her victims decide what to do with her.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:19 pm

So, the reason Bra goes psycho while Super Saiyan because Vegetto is a full on psychopath himself? And no, that's not "Saiyan Pride". That's just being a full on psycho. Like Freeza, but less restrained it seems.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:53 pm

...This doesn't even feel like a story anymore. It's more like one of those gags, where different characters tell completely different versions of the same event. We're gonna cut to the two in a therapist's office, with Bra having just told her version of the story; Then Vegetto's gonna tell his OWN hilariously ham-fisted version, where he's the perfect parent, and Bra is the Devil-incarnate.

Except... We're supposed to be taking this seriously... aren't we :sick: ?

Uncle Phil's Version

Will's Version
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:27 am

.......This Is Sparta?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:22 pm

coola wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:02 pm I wonder if it will all end with Vegetto getting unfused by Kaioshins or Shenron?
I thought about that too. It’s possible

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:22 pm
coola wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:02 pm I wonder if it will all end with Vegetto getting unfused by Kaioshins or Shenron?
I thought about that too. It’s possible
I thought the point of multiverse was Potara was truly permanent?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:25 am

Just because it's permanent doesn't mean you can't use a wish to undo it. It was permanent for Kibito Kai, and he was able to defuse with Dragon Balls.

By the way, whatever happened to Kibito? We don't seem to see him around any more.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:10 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:25 amBy the way, whatever happened to Kibito? We don't seem to see him around any more.
He isn't known for his competence so he probably slipped in one of the showers and broke his neck.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:47 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:25 am Just because it's permanent doesn't mean you can't use a wish to undo it. It was permanent for Kibito Kai, and he was able to defuse with Dragon Balls.

By the way, whatever happened to Kibito? We don't seem to see him around any more.
It wasn't permanent in Dragonball Super. Multiverse has gone further to protect the permanent aspect.

Super introduced two ways to break a Potara.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:00 pm

If they can change how characters are, they can change how things work, one way or the other, be it fusion being permanent resisting even the DBs, or finding some way to defuse them. Maybe an internal conflict (Goku might want to pardon Bra while Vegeta wants to kill her) can weaken the merger.
The lousiest writing will be the path taken by Salagir.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:18 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:47 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:25 am Just because it's permanent doesn't mean you can't use a wish to undo it. It was permanent for Kibito Kai, and he was able to defuse with Dragon Balls.

It wasn't permanent in Dragonball Super. Multiverse has gone further to protect the permanent aspect.

Potara wasn't unbreakable in Z either. Vegito defuses in Buu's stomach, presumably because of Buu's digestion. So Dragon Balls aren't off the table, even if you ignore Super.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:22 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:18 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:47 am

Potara wasn't unbreakable in Z either. Vegito defuses in Buu's stomach, presumably because of Buu's digestion. So Dragon Balls aren't off the table, even if you ignore Super.
The Dragonballs breaking Potara was introduced in Super though, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing if Buu's properties were strong than the Dragonballs with it comes strictly to Potara.

With Salagir mentioning how much he hated Potara not being permanent and all the time he out into how Vegetto has to live I don't see him now difusing Vegetto.

Someone also mentioned Buu's stomach to Vegetto I believe and he ignored it.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:00 pm If they can change how characters are, they can change how things work, one way or the other, be it fusion being permanent resisting even the DBs, or finding some way to defuse them. Maybe an internal conflict (Goku might want to pardon Bra while Vegeta wants to kill her) can weaken the merger.
In character- I don't see Vegeta wanting to kill Bra, period. Angry, sure. Disappointed that she let herself be controlled, yeah. But kill her? No. Considering he did horrific things himself, without being under Babidi's control, he has no room to criticize.

Salagir though? Yeah. I expect only awfulness going that direction.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:23 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:00 pm If they can change how characters are, they can change how things work, one way or the other, be it fusion being permanent resisting even the DBs, or finding some way to defuse them. Maybe an internal conflict (Goku might want to pardon Bra while Vegeta wants to kill her) can weaken the merger.
In character- I don't see Vegeta wanting to kill Bra, period. Angry, sure. Disappointed that she let herself be controlled, yeah. But kill her? No. Considering he did horrific things himself, without being under Babidi's control, he has no room to criticize.

Salagir though? Yeah. I expect only awfulness going that direction.
I'd also say that if Vegito wanted to kill Bra, he'd just kill her. He wouldn't fuck about and beat her to a pulp first, he'd just snap her neck. THere's no pride or fun for a guy like Vegito in beating an opponent who he clearly doesn't expect to fight back.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Man this is so stupid that hurts lol sure I was expecting Vegetto to be mad at Bra, but to go full psycho on his own daughter? I don't give a heck about the background the specials showed about his relationship with her, it still dumb to me. But unlike Toyotaro's this at least is entertaining dumb.

But tell me how the F*CK will Salagir retcon this scene?

We see Vegetto going full mad, but how could be Bra the reason if she's explaining to Goku and Vegeta that they can't beat their father? One thing is to retcon Vegetto SSJ2 hair when he was battling Broly, but this is a whole new different thing.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Noah wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 pm
Man this is so stupid that hurts lol sure I was expecting Vegetto to be mad at Bra, but to go full psycho on his own daughter? I don't give a heck about the background the specials showed about his relationship with her, it still dumb to me. But unlike Toyotaro's this at least is entertaining dumb.

We see Vegetto going full mad, but how could be Bra the reason if she's explaining to Goku and Vegeta that they can't beat their father? One thing is to retcon Vegetto SSJ2 hair when he was battling Broly, but this is a whole new different thing.
Gohan will step in to protect Bra, when Vegetto snaps Goku snd Vegeta will then want to challange him.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:52 am

Noah wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 pm

He most likely going to say that Bardock doesn't always see things shot by shot and use that vision of Goku facing first form Frieza as justification. That or the vision was a lie created by XXI or some other excuse so that he doesn’t have to admit he’s changed his “planned out” story line.