"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
So is this the start of a new arc, or just more filler?
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
To be honest, I'm glad Goku doesn't die. Killing off The Main Character for what would only be considered filler would be incredibly stupid.
I mean, we still don't know for sure. I'd be fine with Goku dying if it happened in Toriyama's next arc.
I mean, we still don't know for sure. I'd be fine with Goku dying if it happened in Toriyama's next arc.
- Sandubadear
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2152
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
- Location: Space Amazon
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Yes, but the title for episode 71 is "Goku dies!", but this preview says that they're still fighting in episode 72, so it's likely he won't die at all.ArchedThunder wrote:Often times the "but!?" in Jump previews doesn't mean anything.Sandubadear wrote: Goku doesn't die, boo
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"
"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr
時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra
"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr
時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra
- Jinzoningen MULE
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
- Location: Salt Mines
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
The next big Toriyama Arc is due to be revealed next week, either the day before or the day of the next Super episode. I think it's safe to assume they aren't revealing an episode that we've known about for quite a while now, so this probably won't be a major arc. That is, unless Dragon Ball Super is switching up its formula to include major non-Toriyama Arcs, which is a possibility.Makai wrote:So is this the start of a new arc, or just more filler?
Retired.
- Ki Breaker
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Totally,precita wrote:Gohan fighting Hit would be a wet dream come true. Even if he's treated like Future Trunks.
I am fine even if this happens
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]If this indeed is a filler arc, goku is out ( either dead or unconscious) and Gohan dosen't do shit even after seeing him like that but vegeta does..
That's it, that would be breaking the character beyond repair for me..
He should at the very least charge straight to hit and get his ass beaten
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker
- SansrivaaL
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3757
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
- Location: Earth
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Jeeesus this made me laugh for some reason I imagined the whole scenarioArchedThunder wrote:"Give me a senzu."Chuquita wrote:And I breathe my lone sigh of relief.![]()
Maybe instead of death, he's just hurt really bad in a "takes a while to recover" way.
"You used them all against Zamasu."
"Oh..."
-
Beerus-sama
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1111
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:41 pm
- Location: A tree planted on a backward Pyramid
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
I share this feeling tooSandubadear wrote: Goku doesn't die, boo
although I'm not surprised
Now lets hope this will be atleast entertaining...
Sleeping until the tournament is over.
Spoiler:
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
I'm glad Goku isn't dying. As much as I want Gohan to take his place as the hero for an arc, if this isn't important than there's no reason to kill off Goku just to wish him back in like 3 episodes.
- sailorspazz
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1208
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
- Location: ZamaBlack love shack
- Contact:
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Text on the site: One day, Gokuu was working on honing his spirit from the early morning onward. It almost seemed as if he were searching for someone. In reality, someone aiming to take his life was approaching, and...?!Sandubadear wrote:Preview for 71 in Fuji TV site: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball_super/
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube
- namekiansaiyan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4358
- Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
For this arc to proceed, Goku will surely have to lose. You can tell that Hit is too much for Goku and even if he is alive in episode 72 then he definitely will get beat down then. Hit wont even be under any kind of pressure
Gohan will not do anything worthwhile of this is filler simple as that.
They will probably chase after Hit but Goku will stay behind for a while if he is alive.
Gohan will not do anything worthwhile of this is filler simple as that.
They will probably chase after Hit but Goku will stay behind for a while if he is alive.
- Baggie_Saiyan
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10315
- Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
- Location: Atlantis.
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
While true but it's the way they phrased the sentance with "one would think".ArchedThunder wrote:Often times the "but!?" in Jump previews doesn't mean anything.Sandubadear wrote: Goku doesn't die, boo
- ArchedThunder
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5718
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Not exactly, the "One would think their fight was over" is vague enough to mean quite a few things (Hell, maybe Goku dies but comes back while still dead like in the Buu arc). Goku totally might not die, but it's hard to say until we get something less vague.Sandubadear wrote:Yes, but the title for episode 71 is "Goku dies!", but this preview says that they're still fighting in episode 72, so it's likely he won't die at all.ArchedThunder wrote:Often times the "but!?" in Jump previews doesn't mean anything.Sandubadear wrote: Goku doesn't die, boo
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Rewatching the preview on youtube, I noticed this part. Maybe that 'Fake Hit' theory has some merit, or Hit has a multi-form-esc move.
[/spoiler]Rewatching the preview on youtube, I noticed this part. Maybe that 'Fake Hit' theory has some merit, or Hit has a multi-form-esc move.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:
Spoiler:
Kanassa wrote:- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back.
-
Abra kadabra
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:11 pm
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
If goku dies, vegeta automatically becomes the main character. Gohan is irrelevant. He's barely in the mangaprecita wrote:Vegeta wouldn't get focus over the main characters son. Not to mention in the preview we see Gohan and Goten crying there, Vegeta is nowhere around.
- ArchedThunder
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5718
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
It's just a random guy wearing a trench coat on a dark and stormy planet, almost bladerunner esque planet. His design is completely different from Hit.ArchedThunder wrote:Not exactly, the "One would think their fight was over" is vague enough to mean quite a few things (Hell, maybe Goku dies but comes back while still dead like in the Buu arc). Goku totally might not die, but it's hard to say until we get something less vague.Sandubadear wrote:Yes, but the title for episode 71 is "Goku dies!", but this preview says that they're still fighting in episode 72, so it's likely he won't die at all.ArchedThunder wrote: Often times the "but!?" in Jump previews doesn't mean anything.
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
They could push Gohan forward during one arc just like the push that Trunks got. He's still one of the biggest characters merchandising-wise. The main thing going against Gohan is that Toriyama himself seems to have no interest in him, which is why his only chance of becoming relevant is in an anime/Toei-only arc.Abra kadabra wrote:If goku dies, vegeta automatically becomes the main character. Gohan is irrelevant. He's barely in the mangaprecita wrote:Vegeta wouldn't get focus over the main characters son. Not to mention in the preview we see Gohan and Goten crying there, Vegeta is nowhere around.
- Ki Breaker
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Exactly, given all the situations in universe one would think he would be a serious fighter who trains and a scholar in peace now..Neon Z wrote:The main thing going against Gohan is that Toriyama himself seems to have no interest in him
The events lined around perfectly for Gohan to be in the future trunks arc, but alas..
I wouldn't mind a filler arc featuring him beating asses at all, that's the only time I would use "well super is the canon there is no filler" argument actually
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Idc if Gohan only gets action in filler. That's more than enough for me at this point.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.
- Baggie_Saiyan
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10315
- Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
- Location: Atlantis.
Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread
Exactly. I have no idea why Goku dying = Gohan being relevant. NEP is literally 30 seconds long you can't take anything from it.Abra kadabra wrote:If goku dies, vegeta automatically becomes the main character. Gohan is irrelevant. He's barely in the mangaprecita wrote:Vegeta wouldn't get focus over the main characters son. Not to mention in the preview we see Gohan and Goten crying there, Vegeta is nowhere around.
The world and mythos of DB has been expanded Gohan is like on page 3 in terms of relevancy. Hit is from U6 no doubt they're gonna get involved add Beerus and Whis and Vegeta and even Zen-oh and the grand priest. Hell I'd play Piccolo above Gohan. Logically Gohan shouldn't be anyway near relevant and if he is then it is purely for dumb fanservice like Vegetto.









