DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Drabaz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 pm

When are you guys going to post this episode up on the tfs.com "episodes" page. I know it's on the "Latest Episode" page, but for some reason it won't work on my work computer. I'de watch it again on youtube, but youtube is blocked on my work computer. Please! I need my episode 21 fix!
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 pm

The Rabies end joke didn't really get me, but other than that, we've got Burter's single dimension, Jeice quadruple-punch, Goku Time (Even better after hammer time made it into the first Funi dub!), Dende Batman, and the disgustingly appropriate "This is it...?!"

And Julian as the sponsor announcer? I would have never seen that coming.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:45 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:(Even better after hammer time made it into the first Funi dub!)
Huh? What are you talking about?
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:19 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Drabaz wrote:But I gotta say, I'm not liking the way the "Krillin Owned Count" is being handled. I don't really know what about it I don't like about it anymore. It just doesn't have the same umph that it used to have.
I kinda agree.

Didn't you decide on some time ago, that the owned count was only supposed to be used, when Krillin actually got owned in the source material?
I don't recall him getting owned by Butta and Jheese's epileptic attack in the show.
We're sort of trying to play with it. We just don't want to GIVE UP on a joke we'd been doing for so long, but Kuririn just DOESN'T GET OWNED that much in the Namek Saga until way late into it!
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Goku cutting off Jheese's memory of Ginyu had me laughing like a maniac. I received many strange looks from people nearby.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Drabaz wrote:But I gotta say, I'm not liking the way the "Krillin Owned Count" is being handled. I don't really know what about it I don't like about it anymore. It just doesn't have the same umph that it used to have.
I kinda agree.

Didn't you decide on some time ago, that the owned count was only supposed to be used, when Krillin actually got owned in the source material?
I don't recall him getting owned by Butta and Jheese's epileptic attack in the show.
We're sort of trying to play with it. We just don't want to GIVE UP on a joke we'd been doing for so long, but Kuririn just DOESN'T GET OWNED that much in the Namek Saga until way late into it!
That's the thing. You should have not done an "Owned Count" until later, then once everybody has forgotten about the it, *ding!*, bring it back when he dies. Sure it would probably be predictable, but it would have been so long since the last "Owned Count" that it would have been hilarious. The way it was worked in there now, it just seems like you yourselves have forgotten about the count for a while, then just remembered about it suddenly. But it's your work and you can do whatever you want with it. I still respect the effort put into it!
My Dragon Ball AMV's:

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Drabaz wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:(Even better after hammer time made it into the first Funi dub!)
Huh? What are you talking about?
When Goku was dodging Freeza's psychic rock attack, after commenting on how amazing the attack is, he says "Hammer Time!" before breaking the rocks.
KaiserNeko wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
I kinda agree.

Seizure procedure was a decent joke, but it really does seem like you just wanted to throw the owned count in there again.

Now, what I CANNOT WAIT for is how you bring in the counter when he gets impaled. Given the nature of the scene, it can't just pop up like it usually does.

Also, they made Popo kick him off the lookout.
Last edited by BlazingFiddlesticks on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Recent episode was great.

I liked the reference to Mass Effect too :P Renegade for life.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Now, what I CANNOT WAIT for is how you bring in the counter when he gets impaled. Given the nature of the scene, it can't just pop up like it usually does.
I'd like if it popped up while Freeza's doing his "Ride 'em cowboy" thing on Kuririn (coupled with Kuririn's screaming in the background). It'd be really funny.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I'd like if it popped up while Freeza's doing his "Ride 'em cowboy" thing on Kuririn (coupled with Kuririn's screaming in the background). It'd be really funny.
That would actually be HILARIOUS! :lol: So I guess I just realized that the owned count is a lot more funnier when it's used with actual source material.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Guru never ceases to make me lol. It doesn't even matter what he says.....his voice is hilarious.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Good episode. Tetris Butta= Classic.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Great episode.

Also, the editing of the punch at 6:22 was really good.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Just wanted to drop in and say this was great. Is the Ginyu Squad vs. Yamcha 'n buddies filler going to be included?
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:43 pm

^

I really hope so, if only because I love Burter and Jiece and we just don't get much of Tenshinhan and Yamcha as the series progresses. Though I understand if there isn't time or enough of a good joke to be taken from it.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 pm

hehe I liked da part when Jeese was punched in da face a lot

But seriously, I thought that was freakin' hilarious. Perfect timing and reactions and everything.

And I loved Goku's reaction to being interrupted. :lol:

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 am

Excellent episode. It's so great to hear MasakoX's Goku again.

My favorite parts:

- "Sponsered by" message
- The Dance Of Solitude
- "Vegeta we're friends now, right?" "Fuck off." "The best."
- "Muffin button."
- "Sir..."
- Scene transition with Dende ala Batman
- "Stop. Goku time."
- Baata's speed issue
- "Butter! That'd go great on my Grand Slam."
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:50 am

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Seizure procedure was a decent joke, but it really does seem like you just wanted to throw the owned count in there again.
Really? Because to me, it seemed more like a reason to use Sandstorm, the song associated with The Doomrider project.
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:06 am

Kuhan wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Seizure procedure was a decent joke, but it really does seem like you just wanted to throw the owned count in there again.
Really? Because to me, it seemed more like a reason to use Sandstorm, the song associated with The Doomrider project.
It was, in fact, -not- a reason to use the owned count. At all. In fact, the owned count was brought up WAY after that scene was written.

It was, however, nice to reference the Doomrider project, even if subtly. ;3
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 am

Well, just want to say that this episode was way better than episode 20.