Forget about Gohan, what remains are only memories

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Forget about Gohan, what remains are only memories

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Beyond wrote: Your hatred for Piccolo is strong. How strong do you have tagoma weaker than Semi perfect cell? If not who cares if Piccolo can't stop him.
*eye roll*

I don't hate Piccolo at all. I just don't wank him like most fans. How you figure that Tagoma is weaker than Semi-Perfect Cell? He rips Piccolo's arm off like a trig and that's before Ginyu steals his body and became more powerful.

My point is that power-wise, Piccolo is on the useless side.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
Beyond wrote: Your hatred for Piccolo is strong. How strong do you have tagoma weaker than Semi perfect cell? If not who cares if Piccolo can't stop him.
*eye roll*

I don't hate Piccolo at all. I just don't wank him like most fans. How you figure that Tagoma is weaker than Semi-Perfect Cell? He rips Piccolo's arm off like a trig and that's before Ginyu steals his body and became more powerful.

I don't think Tagoma's weaker than Semi Perfect Cell. I questioned if you did because you act like it matters that Piccolo can't beat him. Piccolo could be anywhere from slightly weaker than post humans Imperfect Cell to in the same realm as CG Vegeta and Trunks. I have Tagoma at around Perfect Cell, so no matter where Piccolo is at, he would stand no chance.

Piccolo's hasn't made impressive gains since HTC, so it makes sense that he isn't that useful. Everyone who doesn't get a god level power up is ultimately useless at this point in terms of power.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 am

Beyond wrote:
HeroR wrote:
*eye roll*

I don't think Tagoma's weaker than Semi Perfect Cell. I questioned if you did because you act like it matters that Piccolo can't beat him. Piccolo could be anywhere from slightly weaker than post humans Imperfect Cell to in the same realm as CG Vegeta and Trunks. I have Tagoma at around Perfect Cell, so no matter where Piccolo is at, he would stand no chance.

Piccolo's hasn't made impressive gains since HTC, so it makes sense that he isn't that useful. Everyone who doesn't get a god level power up is ultimately useless at this point in terms of power.
It matters in the sense that Tagoma, as powerful as he was, was still just an elite mook, who Piccolo couldn't handle despite being the next most powerful after Gohan.

And that isn't true about someone needing god ki to be useful. Bulma and Jaco have been useful, and one is a none fighter. At this moment, Piccolo isn't useful in a battle situation, but he can do something as a mentor like he did in the Buu Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Gohan in a nutshell is Avatar Aang and Dragon Warrior Po done wrong. He actually has a lot in common with them when you think about it, but while Aang and Po's character arcs had an satisfying end that made sense in the context of the plot, Gohan's did not. Lets look at Aang he like Gohan was born with great power and told by others it was his responsibility to use it, but didn't ask it for and even tried to run away from it, and kept getting thrusted into one bad situation after another, and rejected parts of themselves because they didn't like it(Aang-Firebending, Gohan-Saiyan Warrior heritage). Po as shown in all three movies had issues with his past and identity and where his future was headed. Aang and Po however reached their ends in appropriate way, both of them accepted all parts of themselves and achieved balance, Aang accepted himself as the Avatar, Po realized he is all the things in his life, son of panda, son of goose, student, teacher etc, and ultimately became their true selves. Gohan did the opposite, he embraced his scholar but rejected his warrior side, like Aang did with firebending, but as the Guru told Aang the Avatar is the master of all elements, so Aang had to accept that he's also a firebender. Gohan refused to accept himself as a warrior and savior to succeed Goku, but as Vegeta told Future Trunks he's a inheritor of powerful warrior bloodline so its his responsibility to use it and be prepared for the worst.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:50 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I find it odd that trunks is training and gohan isn't.. He even rejected his job offer, he is just sitting in his home at this point..

[spoiler]I think it's best to enjoy 52 as the last episode saying goodbye to gohan.. A scentece like "he is bewildered to see him like that" are not really used in a good sense mostly in English..[/spoiler]
Trunks has no choice since he is the only fighter left in his time-line, so he is forced to become a fighter.
Gohan always had the luxury of having his father and Vegeta fight the hard fights, so he never felt the need to do the same.
Stupid really, someone as strong as Gohan should feel the responsibility to at least try to keep up with his training, because Goku and vegeta will not be around forever.
But than again, as powerful as Gohan is, he is not and will never be a fighter at heart.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:09 am

It a shame that we don't see Gohan helping on brains and technology front. I mean Bulma proves that you can be non fighter and still smart and useful.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:45 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:It a shame that we don't see Gohan helping on brains and technology front. I mean Bulma proves that you can be non fighter and still smart and useful.
Bulma does technology and the fighting knowledge is with other people.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:52 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:It a shame that we don't see Gohan helping on brains and technology front. I mean Bulma proves that you can be non fighter and still smart and useful.
Agreed. In DB Online he even studied ki and wrote a book to help people learn ki techniques.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:55 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
What, we can have multiple fighters but only one smart person? :lol:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
What, we can have multiple fighters but only one smart person? :lol:
He is not the greatest figher as he just had pure power and not much knowledge is what I am saying.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:41 pm

SsjCookie wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I find it odd that trunks is training and gohan isn't.. He even rejected his job offer, he is just sitting in his home at this point..

[spoiler]I think it's best to enjoy 52 as the last episode saying goodbye to gohan.. A scentece like "he is bewildered to see him like that" are not really used in a good sense mostly in English..[/spoiler]
Trunks has no choice since he is the only fighter left in his time-line, so he is forced to become a fighter.
Gohan always had the luxury of having his father and Vegeta fight the hard fights, so he never felt the need to do the same.
Stupid really, someone as strong as Gohan should feel the responsibility to at least try to keep up with his training, because Goku and vegeta will not be around forever.
But than again, as powerful as Gohan is, he is not and will
never be a fighter at heart.
This!!!

Even more after his father entrusted him and stayed dead at the Cell saga.

But well... Goku already realized there is no hope into the kids at the Buu saga...

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:39 pm

I'm drunken and rewatched this... And I'm still mad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhDPUlbf-4

Even more after Piccolo said he is shit in this arc again...

Biggest red herring ever

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Kishido wrote:I'm drunken and rewatched this... And I'm still mad!

Biggest red herring ever
Piccolo only said that Gohan put his warrior days behind him. Which is true even if Gohan still trains to maintain.
Kanassa wrote:

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:40 am

HeroR wrote:
Kishido wrote:I'm drunken and rewatched this... And I'm still mad!

Biggest red herring ever
Piccolo only said that Gohan put his warrior days behind him. Which is true even if Gohan still trains to maintain.
And still even Trunks said his ki isn't the same.

He lost more power from Cell to Buu as from Buu to RoG

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:54 am

Kishido wrote:

He was comparing Super Saiyan berserk 2 Gohan, to Gohan who was chilling and eating ice-cream. So what's the comparison here.
Kanassa wrote:

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:14 am

HeroR wrote:
Kishido wrote:

He was comparing Super Saiyan berserk 2 Gohan, to Gohan who was chilling and eating ice-cream. So what's the comparison here.
Yup of course you are right. It tells nothing and Trunks is dumb to even compare them