Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:01 pm

Humpski wrote:Crap load of screenshots!

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=604870

Seripa rocks!
Roshi with his black costume!! Cool! Nice to see at least one picture of GT Goku (even if he is just being thrown to the ground).

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:05 pm

Eh in a way I kind of like the opening. But then again I only watch the opening the first time I turn the on the game and I skip it every time after that.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:15 pm

Wow that opening was awful; the only people rendered decently were Buu and Gotanks. Despite that having Japanese BGM and a ton of awesome characters not to mention loads of cool looking stages, I wasn't going to buy it at first but now it seems as if they are going to get my money.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:21 pm

Sebastian (SB) wrote:
fps_anth wrote:OMG Japanese music? Please! Why can't they just add voice? The people that like the Japanese version obviously would like the Japanese singing during the opening...if you're a dubbie, just turn it off :?
I think it has something to with licensing issues. They'd have to pay for the royalties to Kageyama...or something like that. But yeah, Japanese BGM W00T! Now I'll happily purchase (not I wasn't going to :P).
He deserves the fucking money :wink:

Also, I just noticed that this game comes out on November 13. There's this other game that comes out a day before...you might of heard of it. Super Mario Galaxy. Yeah, I completely forgot. Looks like there won't be much playing time going on with this game :P

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:47 pm

fps_anth wrote:He deserves the fucking money :wink:

Also, I just noticed that this game comes out on November 13. There's this other game that comes out a day before...you might of heard of it. Super Mario Galaxy. Yeah, I completely forgot. Looks like there won't be much playing time going on with this game :P
Yeah, I agree. Maybe the developers will be generous enough to provide us the vocals along with the Japanese voice track only. For example, if the settings are set with the Japanese voices you'll get the the vocals for the opening & insert songs with the Japanese voices only. With the English voices you'll get the non vocals. At least that's what I think they should do.

As far as Super Mario Galaxy coming the day before, yeah that's a bummer. I'll probably end up alternating between both games.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Maybe the developers will be generous enough to provide us the vocals along with the Japanese voice track only. For example, if the settings are set with the Japanese voices you'll get the the vocals for the opening & insert songs with the Japanese voices only. With the English voices you'll get the non vocals.
That's what I'm hoping!

As for playing between Galaxy and Meteor...it'll probably go something like this...

*Plays Galaxy*

"I hate the lava levels! I'm playing DBZ!"

*Plays Meteor*

"How can you beat Stage 3 Freeza with Piccolo! He looses in the show!"

And the cycle continues :P

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:38 pm

That's what it was like for me during the Wii's launch.. I was constantly alternating between BT2 and Zelda. It looks like this will be deja vu all over again. :lol:
PLAY B3YOND.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:03 pm

My brother practically screamed at me at the top of his lungs because I think the intro looks like crap and he thinks it's the best 3D he's ever seen. I told him it looks like a high school freshman tried to make it using Rhino.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:44 pm

wow shes looking really good. A lot better then I was hoping. I think her UB maybe a rush but thats ok with me. I just hope her combos are good.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 pm

I haven't seen a link to the new opening, can anyone help Conan out? :shock:

And if 9,000 is seriously being punned into this game...dear God... >_>
14 years later

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:13 am

Gah!

Love the new artwork... and I want to add it to the first post... but I have to wait for Photobucket to stop being a pain in the ass. For some reason I can't get the site to load. At all. And until PB's back I can't upload pictures to it and thus, can't add them to the first post. >_<

On another note. Seripa looks frigging awesome. But... why are her eyes purple? :?

Oh, and Conan, there's no video released yet. Just screenshots on the atari boards.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:18 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:I haven't seen a link to the new opening, can anyone help Conan out? :shock:

I can't imagine it being punned in; especially with how sick of it Mr. Sabat seems to be (from constantly being asked to say the line at cons.) :shock:

I still wonder what Mr. Drummond thinks of that line.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 am

Well, Sabat himself claims he put it in there...*shrugs*
Trunks & Goten forever

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:43 am

Hey, Japan's on the ball today! They updated the offical site early! w00t! First page has been updated to include the 10 newest characters. 8)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:27 am

Chuquita wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:I haven't seen a link to the new opening, can anyone help Conan out? :shock:

I can't imagine it being punned in; especially with how sick of it Mr. Sabat seems to be (from constantly being asked to say the line at cons.) :shock:
I don't call choosing it over an accurate translation being fed up.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:45 am

If any of the Japanese fans decide to give it a spin with English voices (I *assume* that's an option, but I don't know for sure), I wonder how many of them will be confused at the random raising of Goku's power by 1000.
Trunks & Goten forever

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:09 am

Hell AND SSJ Gogeta's Ultimate attack from Budokai 3...

*faints*

I cannot express how much I am waiting for this game to be released! :D
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:23 am

Thanos6 wrote:Well, Sabat himself claims he put it in there...*shrugs*

Where was this? :shock:
I really hope he didn't; can you imagine how big of a head that guy who made the original video will have if his slogan gets "immortalized" in video game history?! TT_TT

It's not even a popular meme anymore. I haven't seen it used for a couple months now.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:27 am

Chuquita wrote:

I really hope he didn't; can you imagine how big of a head that guy who made the original video will have if his slogan gets "immortalized" in video game history?! TT_TT

It's not even a popular meme anymore. I haven't seen it used for a couple months now.
This video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPPmyKbXhDU . About 2/3rds of the way in. If you hear him talking about the 18/Zangya "skank" dialogue, you're almost at it.
Trunks & Goten forever

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:45 am

Thanos6 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

This video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPPmyKbXhDU . About 2/3rds of the way in. If you hear him talking about the 18/Zangya "skank" dialogue, you're almost at it.

Ya know I'm finding it hard to stay mad at him while he's wearing that hilarious "Let's Hug it Out" t-shirt. ^_^;;

I wonder if those wacky t-shirts exist for that purpose?
Because I'm now finding myself only mildly frustrated instead.

Also: http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/ ... uquita.png
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!