Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm Who the hell is "Shane Holmberg"?
He is just someone on twitter. I guess he argues with ISWV people a lot so he’s gotten noticed.

Anyways apparently “the dirt” that Nick has on him is having a wife who is much younger (but still an adult) than him. The Horror!

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:36 pm

What did this shane guy do?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:38 pm

ssj4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:36 pm What did this shane guy do?
Not blocking them on Twitter

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:43 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:36 pm He is just someone on twitter. I guess he argues with ISWV people a lot so he’s gotten noticed.

Anyways apparently “the dirt” that Nick has on him is having a wife who is much younger (but still an adult) than him. The Horror!
He's someone who's done worse than that... Though whether or not Nick is aware is up in the air.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Shane is just a guy who claims to be connected in running multiple conventions for decades and claims to be close to all the voice actors. He went on Rekieta's stream to debate him at the beginning of the Vic drama and that's how he's known in all of this. He became a meme to the istandwithvic people from his first appearance debating Nick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXZIrnlKlCs

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:03 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:55 pm Shane is just a guy who claims to be connected in running multiple conventions for decades and claims to be close to all the voice actors. He went on Rekieta's stream to debate him at the beginning of the Vic drama and that's how he's known in all of this. He became a meme to the istandwithvic people from his first appearance debating Nick:

Hehehe... Well, he's certainly not on Monica's Friends list, I know that much :P .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 pm

So person completely disconnected with the allegations tries to dunk on other person completely disconnected with the allegations. What a wonderful fucking narrative we've crafted here. Can we stop spreading this vapid clickbait nonsense?

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:03 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:55 pm Shane is just a guy who claims to be connected in running multiple conventions for decades and claims to be close to all the voice actors. He went on Rekieta's stream to debate him at the beginning of the Vic drama and that's how he's known in all of this. He became a meme to the istandwithvic people from his first appearance debating Nick:

Hehehe... Well, he's certainly not on Monica's Friends list, I know that much :P .
Lol yeah, idk what his deal is but he does run a convention (forgot which) and claims to be close to her, Ron, and the other VA's for years. He constantly defends them on twitter. He also defends Vic at times. This whole thing is weird.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:18 pm

Shane is really not that important in the grand scheme of things. I suggest we stop talking about him.

He doesn’t seem like a bad guy from the little I’ve seen of him on Twitter but if he has done something bad that still has nothing to do with this whole thing. And we shouldn’t turn this place into a gossip topic about twitter users based on their opinion about Vic

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 pm So person completely disconnected with the allegations tries to dunk on other person completely disconnected with the allegations. What a wonderful fucking narrative we've crafted here. Can we stop spreading this vapid clickbait nonsense?
Here's the thing though; not everyone KNOWS he's completely disconnected! This friend of mine hates #KickVic for three main reasons; and Shane Holmberg is one of those three.

That's the only reason I bring him up. If another person comes into the thread, and tries to use him an an anti-KickVic propaganda piece, we'll know better.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I was more specifically referring to posting biased youtube videos by bad-faith arguers exploiting the situation for views.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 pm

This is a good moment to take a step back and see how stupid this is, how much this entire situation has degraded into directionless anger, and how bad actors like the YouTube lawyer have completely poisoned any discussion on the matter for their own benefit. Because all this has nothing to do with finding the "truth" or helping anyone or seeking any justice for anybody - it's just a dumb, mean game. Target an enemy - anyone you can make the enemy, even someone who has no direct connection to the issue you supposedly care about - and destroy them. It's all about getting played into a "side vs. side" battle for that righteous-anger dopamine rush - and you can look to the people actively profiting off it to see who the real "enemy" is.

Absolute nonsense. Stop getting sucked into it. And for god's sake, just block the outrage merchant and live better lives.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:47 pm

How? So long as this thread is open, there's always going to be some other person on #IStandWithVic bringing him up. I don't see a way around that, apart from just closing the thread completely.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:47 pm How? So long as this thread is open, there's always going to be some other person on #IStandWithVic bringing him up. I don't see a way around that, apart from just closing the thread completely.
Why does everybody always go to closing the thread. There is still so much to talk about.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:47 pm How? So long as this thread is open, there's always going to be some other person on #IStandWithVic bringing him up. I don't see a way around that, apart from just closing the thread completely.
Why does everybody always go to closing the thread. There is still so much to talk about.
What else is there to discuss? Unless there's some damning evidence that Vic hasn't been inappropriate towards fans and coworkers alike, this thread is sadly going to be more about the drama between people not connected to this.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Over 150 pages and still no proof that Vic Mignogna did it. :lol: You know, if you want people to trust you're saying the truth you've gotta have that thing called evidence but you don't.

Show proof that he's guilty and I'll agree he needs to be locked up. But I mean, real proof, not photoshopped proof.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 pm Show proof that he's guilty and I'll agree he needs to be locked up. But I mean, real proof, not photoshopped proof.
We don't want him locked up; just away from the fans.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 pm

gokaiblue wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm
What else is there to discuss? Unless there's some damning evidence that Vic hasn't been inappropriate towards fans and coworkers alike, this thread is sadly going to be more about the drama between people not connected to this.
The thread is about Vic news and more comes out every week. Check my earlier post:
SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm This is a picture from Vic's lawyer's office of one of the people getting served in the lawsuit. People looked closer at the tweets and determined it was Ron Toye (Monica's bf). It's supposedly 400 pages.

Credit: https://twitter.com/Imsupergirl11/statu ... 6638756864

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:39 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 pm
gokaiblue wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm

The thread is about Vic news and more comes out every week. Check my earlier post:
SaiyaSith wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm This is a picture from Vic's lawyer's office of one of the people getting served in the lawsuit. People looked closer at the tweets and determined it was Ron Toye (Monica's bf). It's supposedly 400 pages.

Credit: https://twitter.com/Imsupergirl11/statu ... 6638756864
Exactly. It just sounds like you guys just don’t want there to be the chance of you all being wrong.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:40 pm

Why is this nick guy so involved?