"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:So Gohan goes from Ultimate...to SSJ...for reference purpose? I mean they coulda kept the reference without him being a Super Saiyan. It's just really weird is all and makes things confusing.
He's in base (his hair has one bang and a lone string, as opposed to SS's and Ultimate's hairstyle, which is just the bang without the string of hair). Ultimate is an actual move you can perform.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:So Gohan goes from Ultimate...to SSJ...for reference purpose? I mean they coulda kept the reference without him being a Super Saiyan. It's just really weird is all and makes things confusing.
He's in base (his hair has one bang and a lone string, as opposed to SS's and Ultimate's hairstyle, which is just the bang without the string of hair). Ultimate is an actual move you can perform.
Is that the case? Cause his aura gives off the ultimate vibe. What with lightning white. Also his single bang isn't as defined in base.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Is that the case? Cause his aura gives off the ultimate vibe. What with lightning white. Also his single bang isn't as defined in base.
You can notice the difference in his hairstyle in the gif posted last page. Pay attention to when he goes SS.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:06 pm

I really hope Goku Black has a dialogue with Hit and Freeza.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Clips by madluk going through a few new and changed assists. Among other things.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:45 pm

So, SSB versions are not taking their own slots after all?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:56 pm

KayDash wrote:So, SSB versions are not taking their own slots after all?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's possible, and more likely if you ask me, that they just weren't unlocked. I haven't seen anyone play them in the new footage.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:56 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Pretty sure they aren't present because they are unlockable.

5 minutes for the livestream everyone. https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:08 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The way they designed the character screen makes it seems it`s less characters than it actually is but I like the aligment layout. Heroes at left and villains at right with Beerus in the center because he`s neutral. Almst obvious that #21 will be the other neutral placemement so it doesn`t spoil any story mode endings.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Olympian wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The way they designed the character screen makes it seems it`s less characters than it actually is but I like the aligment layout. Heroes at left and villains at right with Beerus in the center because he`s neutral. Almst obvious that #21 will be the other neutral placemement so it doesn`t spoil any story mode endings.
I legit just tweeted that to someone on twitter. Great minds think alike
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Olympian wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Weird part is that 18 and Buu will probably be heroes in this game. Lol

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: He's in base (his hair has one bang and a lone string, as opposed to SS's and Ultimate's hairstyle, which is just the bang without the string of hair). Ultimate is an actual move you can perform.
You can notice the difference in his hairstyle in the gif posted last page. Pay attention to when he goes SS.
I see something like you are saying. Though the eyes and the defined bang throw me off. He has two hair strands, but the second hair strand isn't as defined as it should be in base if they're going for Boo arc look. Man I may not like TOP Gohan hair, but at least it makes differentiating easier XD.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Two questions: 1. Is Hit voiced by Matthew Mercer in FighterZ?

2. I've heard Goku Black still has that British accent when he's Rosé. Does he still have it even when he powers down into his base form in his outro?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
Olympian wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Weird part is that 18 and Buu will probably be heroes in this game. Lol
Instead of heroes/villains maybe is better said as heroes and antagonists. Some like #18, Fat Buu and Hit aren`t evil but they walk for one reason or another a thin line. Vegeta on the other hand is of the others side, so you know its not a perfect placement but given the number of the characters you have to compromise that sort of detail.

Regarding the stream:

1) Ahhhh no! I wanted to see Chiatzu trying to stop the Tenshinhan clone while the others arrived. I wonder if you also see clone Chiatzu in story mode as well, I hype so.

2) Dang, I need that clip of Yamcha bodying Beerus throught stages. His Rekka properties are going to be fun online and..is WFF invencible? I noticed that if you start up even if your oponent throws an attack at the same time, you wave in. Or is that general?
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Two questions: 1. Is Hit voiced by Matthew Mercer in FighterZ?

2. I've heard Goku Black still has that British accent when he's Rosé. Does he still have it even when he powers down into his base form in his outro?
I rather Rose had a French accent :wink:
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Olympian wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Two questions: 1. Is Hit voiced by Matthew Mercer in FighterZ?

I rather Rose had a French accent :wink:
1. That would've been weirder than the British accent.

2. You didn't answer my two questions.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:11 pm

I`m sure someone will, I`m just not knowleagable in voice acting.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm

The livestream was pretty weak so rushed it hurt. First time we heard English Dub and that's about it, the rest was pretty much seen in all the videos out today. They talked a bit about Hit who is almost guaranteed to be one of the first characters I try.

Apparently they made Adult Gohan pretty special. He can break the rules of the game regarding combos or something like that based on his unique ability.

Goku Black breakdown by Maximilian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-u6CDgwgE

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:23 pm

They showed us enough to water for more. I don`t know, I enjoyed it well enough and Max did mention they weren`t allowed to show everything they could in his channel.

Saw this in Gamefaqs, Character Screen with Blues placement.

[spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/5kjjOr3.jpg[/spoiler]
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Beerus has a quote with Hit.

Now I want Freeza and Goku Black interaction. I need it.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

LightBing wrote:The livestream was pretty weak so rushed it hurt. First time we heard English Dub and that's about it, the rest was pretty much seen in all the videos out today.
It was. But the people involved are gonna be coming out with more videos like Max with his breakdown videos and Rhymestyle with his bit of story mode.
LightBing wrote:Apparently they made Adult Gohan pretty special. He can break the rules of the game regarding combos or something like that based on his unique ability.
The more meter he uses for his unlock potential ability the more combos he unlocks. Also he seemed to get faster and stronger the more he leveled up. That's what I recall from their explanation at least.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!