"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Re: the op

Maybe they'll update it to include Bulma after Bra is born.
They need to update it to include other scenes than the alien vs Goku.. that fight is scattered all over the op..
That fight just ruins it when we could have seen Piccolo, Buu or Gohan fight. We could have even seen some Universe 6 fighters fight instead. I would have liked them to cut the opening scene into 4 seperate fights.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:15 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:That fight just ruins it when we could have seen Piccolo, Buu or Gohan fight. We could have even seen some Universe 6 fighters fight instead. I would have liked them to cut the opening scene into 4 seperate fights.
Yeah, f*** Goku and his alien buddy, show other characters fighting for good sake.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I see people saying the guy that Goku is fighting in the intro looks lame. I want to see more in action before I make judgement on it. He may end up being very popular with fans. I remember when people said that Hit look like a Cell knock off or a purple Piccolo. Now Hit has become a fan favorite since then.
People saying Hit was a cell knock off or a purple Piccolo is ridiculous anyways
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:33 pm

kinisking wrote:Those major differences clearly show that it isn't a rip off of multiverse. Just because multiverse has a tournament (which is something Dragonball has done multiple times ) doesn't mean this arc is a rip off.
Its not by the tournament itself, but its format that highly resembles Multiverse fan comic.
kinisking wrote:People saying Hit was a cell knock off or a purple Piccolo is ridiculous anyways
And that he's a Paikuhan rip-off? That's the worst lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:37 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Thanks to the filter, some of the colors have been alternated.
That doesn't explain the lack of blue though.
Toei's just being a tease, thats definitely a new form, Goku was glowing after he removed that red aura with ssjb effects, I bet we'll get new visuals after the form makes its intro.
I am very confident it is a tease for a new form also. We already saw SSGSSKK twice so it doesn't make sense that, that is what they're teasing plus it's not a form. They teased SSG and SSGSS in OP1 so it makes sense they'll tease another form in OP2 except we knew from the movies about those forms so this is why they are being more vague in OP2.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:59 pm

DI297 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I see people saying the guy that Goku is fighting in the intro looks lame. I want to see more in action before I make judgement on it. He may end up being very popular with fans. I remember when people said that Hit look like a Cell knock off or a purple Piccolo. Now Hit has become a fan favorite since then.
Looks and popularity are 2 different things, you can like the character but not his design, I still don't like Hit's face but I like him.
Same. Hit doesn't really look all that great. His abilities and what we've seen of him in filler make him more interesting. Not a huge fan of his look, but he grows on me as a character. The buff guy looks like the typical jobber they'd have lose to Goku to show muscles mean nothing nor does size. I'll wait and see if personality comes with it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:20 pm

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the others fighting in the intro, but I'd also be lying if I said I didn't love seeing my bro Goku fighting buff alien dude, it was sick.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
That fight just ruins it when we could have seen Piccolo, Buu or Gohan fight. We could have even seen some Universe 6 fighters fight instead. I would have liked them to cut the opening scene into 4 seperate fights.
Piccolo is just there to job, Gohan at least got a cool scene in regaining his mystic form, and Buu and that badass walk which made me chuckle.

Krillin might have one of the best performances among the secondary cast, the OP implies he is the main support character.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm feeling that both Piccolo and Gohan will have their redemption in this arc, can't wait to see them fighting 2-on-2 against some weird rabbit and fox fighters.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:39 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Piccolo is just there to job, Gohan at least got a cool scene in regaining his mystic form, and Buu and that badass walk which made me chuckle.

Krillin might have one of the best performances among the secondary cast, the OP implies he is the main support character.
You are looking into them scenes way too much
These characters are not just going to get beat in 2 seconds and sit at the side for 30 episodes. The team aspect is being promoted a lot in this arc.
Noah wrote:I'm feeling that both Piccolo and Gohan will have their redemption in this arc, can't wait to see them fighting 2-on-2 against some weird rabbit and fox fighters.
They will probably end up taking out some big players in the tournament to give Universe 7 a good advantage.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:57 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:They will probably end up taking out some big players in the tournament to give Universe 7 a good advantage.
Yeah, behold the Saiyan-DemonNamekian combination!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am very confident it is a tease for a new form also. We already saw SSGSSKK twice so it doesn't make sense that, that is what they're teasing plus it's not a form. They teased SSG and SSGSS in OP1 so it makes sense they'll tease another form in OP2 except we knew from the movies about those forms so this is why they are being more vague in OP2.
I too am leaning on it being a new form or at the very least, some new type of Kaio-Ken. But honestly, given how anime openings work, it could very easily just be something cool they made up to get people excited. Remember how the second Bleach opening has a shit load of fights in it that don't actually happen like Uryu vs Hitsugaya or Chad vs Soifon.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I too am leaning on it being a new form or at the very least, some new type of Kaio-Ken. But honestly, given how anime openings work, it could very easily just be something cool they made up to get people excited. Remember how the second Bleach opening has a shit load of fights in it that don't actually happen like Uryu vs Hitsugaya or Chad vs Soifon.
Closest I can think of is Goku staring down first form Freeza, and it never happening in on OP.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:32 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Closest I can think of is Goku staring down first form Freeza, and it never happening in on OP.
Wasn't that just a scene from Bardock TV Special?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:42 pm

I'm hoping we don't see a new transformation. I'm hoping is the ssb kaioken perfected or super Saiyan God who agrees with me
Mostly active on discord.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Most scenes in anime openings never make it into actual episodes. Or if they do they're changed drastically.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:21 pm

It's like everyone forgot about Cabbas "kicking" fighting style in the opener for the universe 6/7 tournament plus didn't that have Gohan? I don't think anything in the openers mean anything.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Hit is an awful character if you can even call him one. You'd have to have personality to start with. This dude is probably going to be the same, you can tell by looking at him, he has the same serious look that Hit does. Then again i hope i'm wrong.

Meanwhile FemBroly will probably get a joke fight with 18 and become a housewife after marrying Cabba.

AT trolled the Broly fandom :lol:

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That doesn't explain the lack of blue though.
Toei's just being a tease, thats definitely a new form, Goku was glowing after he removed that red aura with ssjb effects, I bet we'll get new visuals after the form makes its intro.
I am very confident it is a tease for a new form also. We already saw SSGSSKK twice so it doesn't make sense that, that is what they're teasing plus it's not a form. They teased SSG and SSGSS in OP1 so it makes sense they'll tease another form in OP2 except we knew from the movies about those forms so this is why they are being more vague in OP2.

Agreed. Also, I think with this new form we can potentially assume they will get some training time in before it starts.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Beyond wrote:Has piccolo always been able to pick things up with mind powers?
Not things but he picked up the fainted Gohan after the battle with Raditz.