"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Basaku wrote:I'm hearing there are pics of less She-Hulk version of SSJ Brola and new Gohan hairstyle?
Not really a new Gohan hairstyle, its just Gohan without his bang.... he really looks like freaking Vegeta to a degree.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Her hair reminds of Trunks' new form.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Her hair reminds of Trunks' new form.
I don't see a single similarity
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm

kinisking wrote:
Victory party for what ?

He couldve. Eh, at least he made Gohan teach trunks the solar flare :P
Before Future Trunks arrived in the past, there was a victory party for their win over U6, just like anime.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:07 pm

kinisking wrote:
Basaku wrote:I'm hearing there are pics of less She-Hulk version of SSJ Brola and new Gohan hairstyle?
Earlier in this thread you'll see them both. Although Gohan's is just the one he has now.
Thx just found them. Did they reveal Brola's name or still nothing?

Also, lol @ Gohan hairstyle. Gives me flashbacks to the argument I once had on Kanzenshuu about Gohan/Goten/Vegeta having way too similar hairstyles in GT and how someone got mad at me and tried to prove how totally different they were. Yeah no, it's looking way too samey, they need new hairstyles for Saiyans already for freaking sake...

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Is it my eyes playin tricks on me or does the bald alien dude looks small af compared to FemBroly? in the OP we see bald alien quite tall, is fembroly just that tall?
Do we still have no names about these 2? they're the most talked about in the new character participants, its really weird calling them bald alien dude and fem broly.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Basaku wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Earlier in this thread you'll see them both. Although Gohan's is just the one he has now.
Thx just found them. Did they reveal Brola's name or still nothing?

Also, lol @ Gohan hairstyle. Gives me flashbacks to the argument I once had on Kanzenshuu about Gohan/Goten/Vegeta having way too similar hairstyles in GT and how someone got mad at me and tried to prove how totally different they were. Yeah no, it's looking way too samey, they need new hairstyles for Saiyans already for freaking sake...
Eh, I still think Gotens hair was unique enough. Gohan and Vegeta looked similar.
Last edited by kinisking on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Not really a new Gohan hairstyle, its just Gohan without his bang.... he really looks like freaking Vegeta to a degree.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He can keep it but if they ever make a sequel they need to ditch those awful GT haircuts for Vegeta & Goten. With Cabba now adding yet another samey style, it's getting ridiculous. Keep Vegeta's classic hair, keep EOZ haircut for Goten forever, this short style should be only Gohan's from now on
kinisking wrote: Eh I still think Gotens hair was unique enough.
N to the O. The sexy god in my avatar is unique, not the GT abomination! :arrow:
Last edited by Basaku on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 pm

kinisking wrote: Eh I still think Gotens hair was unique enough.
Can't remember cabbas hair been shown either
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is Gohan balding? He almost looks like Vegeta! What the damn problem of giving his bang back for f***'s sake?
ArchedThunder wrote:It's basically the same hairstyle he had in the end of Z, just with a slightly different hairline.
Not quite:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And GT had a better aproach of his EoZ design:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

He looks better in there even without his bang, his design in Super looks ugly but I think it will probably change according to the different styles of animation.
Big Black Saiyan wrote:If Ultimate Gohan is back does that mean Gohan doesn't need to train at all? He just has to try really hard? 0.o
Of course he need to train, Ultimate Gohan is a fodder if we consider past foes like Golden Freeza, Hit and Goku Black and I think he probably will get a new form Even though this is the same tournament where they prefered Roshi and Tenshinhan over Goten and Trunks but whatever...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Crap, I was hoping that we wouldn't have to deal with that Ultimate Gohan nonsense. Super Saiyan as the only transformation is perfectly good enough.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

MisteryOne wrote:I dont know why, but the Hakaishins definetly look 100 times better in Toriyama's style that in the anime, at least what we have seen from them. Specially the elephant, I don't know why, but I love it. Most people would have expected him to be the biggest or the fatest, yet he isn't. Definetly most of them are great designs. Others...well...
Champa looks really nice now trough.

Edit: Lol, didnt see who designed some of them. Interesting enough, I think Toriyama's one are in general the worst, yet him + Toyotaro are also the best. Toyo by himself has done pretty amazing design but also that terrible furman, and the fox looks better in the anime.

But really, Toyo+Tori next time pls Its not because of the designs themselves, but because of the artstyle.

I never trough I would say this, but please Gohan don't win. U9 can't suck that much...
zamasu121 wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:At this point, this is senseless bashing. It's already been explained to you both in here and in the manga thread regarding the Black and Mai incident. Also, I really would like some examples of someone claiming that the manga is flawless that isn't trolling or bait.
Weak ass supreme kai managed to push off boo with that, so an enraged ssr black should have killed her with that.
Anime Black should have killed Mai as well with a direct ki blast. Whats your point?

Right know both mediums have logic garbage moments, specially in the Black arc.
The Ki blast didn't hit Mai directly. Mai fainted with the impact of the blast, don't think that was unreasonable at all that she survived.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Lol this guy said "is gohan balding?" I'm dead :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Crap, I was hoping that we wouldn't have to deal with that Ultimate Gohan nonsense. Super Saiyan as the only transformation is perfectly good enough.
Indeed. I thought we got rid of "Potential Unleashed" bullshit, but it seems that's not the case. :| If only they expanded upon it or at least give it a better explanation...
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Grimlock wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Crap, I was hoping that we wouldn't have to deal with that Ultimate Gohan nonsense. Super Saiyan as the only transformation is perfectly good enough.
Indeed. I thought we got rid of "Potential Unleashed" bullshit, but it seems that's not the case. :| If only they expanded upon it or at least give it a better explanation...
They might explain it in the tournament, having some gods comment on how thats old kais method

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:59 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:From people who Toyo think is some perfect god with zero flaws.
As a fan of the manga, I have yet to see someone claim Toyo's manga is one without flaws aside from obvious trolling bait. Where are you getting this from?
when in the recent manga chapter he just had Mai surive getting hit full by enraged a SSR Black Goku.
It was a kiai attack, it wasn't anything massive. It was enough to stop Mai from interfering.

What he's getting at is that at this point in the show, a mere ki blast would disintegrate a normal person. As strong as everyone has gotten, the villains would have to go out of their way to not kill a person by mistake. The power scaling is all kinds of weird.

As a writer of a show, I don't understand how these people can be so oblivious to details like this. It makes me wonder do these people even care what they're putting out?

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Do we know what the scan says about Fem-Broly, the alien dude, and the teletubbie?
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:Do we know what the scan says about Fem-Broly, the alien dude, and the teletubbie?
Fem Broly power is said to be at Maximum.... (I'm sorry...).

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:Do we know what the scan says about Fem-Broly, the alien dude, and the teletubbie?
Fem Broly power is said to be at Maximum.... (I'm sorry...).
TheMathemagician, just to clarify if you don't get it, nothing is said about her in the scan

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Is it my eyes playin tricks on me or does the bald alien dude looks small af compared to FemBroly? in the OP we see bald alien quite tall, is fembroly just that tall?
Do we still have no names about these 2? they're the most talked about in the new character participants, its really weird calling them bald alien dude and fem broly.
Possibly their placements on the scan. The bald alien looks like he's positioned a few centimeters lower then her. Would be interesting to see his reaction when she transforms into this giant, hulking super saiyan form.