"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 15, 2014 1:06 pm

DNA wrote:Super Neko Majin is wrong, either give him double eyelids or golden hair.
Toriyama's officially colored Super Neko Majin Z isn't golden or yellow eyelids. It's just him with the aura, which he didn't keep here after the transformation...

I figured He'd get the form though. Their use of his Super Neko Majin art on the promo card for the next issue of Saikyo Jump just gave me that feeling.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu May 15, 2014 1:20 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DNA wrote:Super Neko Majin is wrong, either give him double eyelids or golden hair.
Toriyama's officially colored Super Neko Majin Z isn't golden or yellow eyelids. It's just him with the aura, which he didn't keep here after the transformation...

I figured He'd get the form though. Their use of his Super Neko Majin art on the promo card for the next issue of Saikyo Jump just gave me that feeling.
His double eyelid form, albeit stupid, pointless and barely noticeable, is an oficial transformation, as oficial as it can be.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu May 15, 2014 1:48 pm

DNA wrote:His double eyelid form, albeit stupid, pointless and barely noticeable, is an oficial transformation, as oficial as it can be.
Wasn't that a different transformation? He used the Super Neko Majin form to mimic the Super Saiyan form, and the Double Eyelid Form to mimic Kureeza's Final Form, IIRC.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 15, 2014 1:56 pm

DNA wrote:His double eyelid form, albeit stupid, pointless and barely noticeable, is an official transformation, as official as it can be.
I know, but unless they are going to give him Super Neko Majin and Super Neko Majin (v2) or something, it makes sense to only go with one. They chose the form without double eyelids, and Toriyama colored that one to not be golden.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu May 15, 2014 2:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DNA wrote:His double eyelid form, albeit stupid, pointless and barely noticeable, is an official transformation, as official as it can be.
I know, but unless they are going to give him Super Neko Majin and Super Neko Majin (v2) or something, it makes sense to only go with one. They chose the form without double eyelids, and Toriyama colored that one to not be golden.
Sure, all I'm saying is that I do not see the double eyelids. Do you?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 pm

No I don't, because that's not the transformation they used.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu May 15, 2014 3:32 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:No I don't, because that's not the transformation they used.
That's what I'm saying though, they used no transformation, he doesn't even have the aura around him, even if you argue that according to Toriyama he does not have golden fur.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Actually, watching the video again at full screen on my giant TV monitor, his color pallet lightens after he transforms and he gains the golden aura during the combat phase. No idea why he doesn't have it during the transformation scene though...

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Fri May 16, 2014 7:35 am

TheDevilCorpse, I noticed that you are missing a few cards.

At least the Starte Set 2 for the JM

The problem is that you are probably using the links in the side menu (and the starter set one searchs for JS1 instead of just JS as it should), I recomend using the promotional links in the drop box instead, but the problem with that is that the Jyakuryuu promotion link is missing.

Here are the promotional links for the 3 missions:

http://www.carddass.com/dbh/cardlist/in ... ory=133901
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/cardlist/in ... ory=133902
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/cardlist/in ... ory=133903

The category number works like this:
First 3 digits is the game (133), that's always the same and no other value works in the site.
The fourth digit is the mission: so 0 is the original mission, 1 is the Galaxy Mission, 2 is the Jyakuryuu Mission and 9 is used for Promos.
The last 2 digits are the set in the selected mission (01-08 in the first mission, 01-10 Galaxy Mission, 01-04 so far in the Jyakuryuu Mission, and 01-03 for the promotional cards).

I also want to suggest that you divide the promotional folder at least in 3. There are way to many cards on the folder. Also, some of the cards pertain to different missions. I'm refering to the CP cards. Just a suggestion :) I already did this with my cards, so if you want I cand send you the updated pack with all the missing cards as well.

EDIT:
I checked all the cards, you are missing a few in the pack:

Mission 3:
H3-42

Mission 4:
H4-50

Mission 5:
H5-41

Mission 6:
H6-CP5

Jyakuu Mission 2:
HJ2-39
HJ2-40

Promotional Jyakuu Mission:
JS2-01
JS2-02
JS2-03
JS2-04

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Most of that is because while updating the rar with this set, my computer froze and corrupted the file while it was compiling in the dropbox folder. I had to go back and use an older version of the file and build back onto it. Much annoyance. I usually add the cards into the pack as the main website updates with them (and provides a direct link to them in the news bulletin), though that doesn't work too well when you have to go back and redo things later.

Anyway, I won't be splitting the promo folder up into anything. I just don't care that much. As long as the promo cards are there, that's good enough for me. I did go back and put the earlier CP cards in their respective set's folder though. I didn't even realize I had done that.

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Most of that is because while updating the rar with this set, my computer froze and corrupted the file while it was compiling in the dropbox folder. I had to go back and use an older version of the file and build back onto it. Much annoyance. I usually add the cards into the pack as the main website updates with them (and provides a direct link to them in the news bulletin), though that doesn't work too well when you have to go back and redo things later.

Anyway, I won't be splitting the promo folder up into anything. I just don't care that much. As long as the promo cards are there, that's good enough for me. I did go back and put the earlier CP cards in their respective set's folder though. I didn't even realize I had done that.

Are you sure the missing cards are because of the corruption? I usually have a folder with the uncompressed cards and just decompress your new pack there, so it they were there a few packs ago, they should have been there.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 16, 2014 2:34 pm

The earlier, original mission stuff honestly was probably just me not paying attention at the time. Everything from the JM missions though was lost during the corruption, so I had to go back and grab all of that again. Everything should have been there before, unless I made the same mistakes twice? I dunno. Seems unlikely, but possible I suppose. It's fixed now though, so moving on... =P

Shineman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shineman » Fri May 16, 2014 2:59 pm

So, uh, where's SSj Pan. :P

I have a feeling that the Saiyan Avatars will be getting SSj4 forms. Makes me want what route are they going to take, since each Saiyan eyes changes when reaching in that state.
"You, your family, everyone, will die. Over and over. Mountains of broken bodies, beneath the wheel." - Lich (Crossover, Adventure Time Season 7, episode 23)

I run a general discussion site: https://cosmiccitycrews.com/index.php

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Fri May 16, 2014 6:42 pm

How many years until we ACTUALLY see SSj3 Majin Vegeta, SSj1 Pan, SSj3 GT Goten, or random SSj4s show up? :roll:

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Sat May 17, 2014 3:17 am

hulkty wrote:How many years until we ACTUALLY see SSj3 Majin Vegeta, SSj1 Pan, SSj3 GT Goten, or random SSj4s show up? :roll:
SS3 Majin Vegeta is gonna appear soon.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sun May 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Darknat wrote:
hulkty wrote:How many years until we ACTUALLY see SSj3 Majin Vegeta, SSj1 Pan, SSj3 GT Goten, or random SSj4s show up? :roll:
SS3 Majin Vegeta is gonna appear soon.
1-3 months from now maybe... :/
1-4 years for the others...

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun May 18, 2014 9:15 pm

I realize I'm replying to a post that's over two weeks old by this point, but I don't check this thread that often. So...
JeffJarrett wrote: Isn't this new guy the Namekian Elite rather then Tsumuri? Tsumuri was already used by the Yajirobe-guy, and the new guy has a hat similar to the Namekian Elite.
Tsumuri uses a Hero-type Namekian avatar. We haven't seen an Elite-type yet. (The "new guy" you're talking about is Tsumuri himself outside the game.)
And where is Poko from? I think you mentioned something about him at some point, being form Alien X-Peke or something.
He's a lookalike of the character "Poco" (same spelling except without the elongated vowel) who appeared in Alien Peke ("Peke" is the how the "X" in the title is pronounced), which was Toriyama's return to Jump after his yearlong post-Dragon Ball hiatus. As an aside, this was the last comic Toriyama drew which was shaded by hand rather than computer.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 19, 2014 3:28 am

Seems we'll probably be getting a "Super" version of Er Xing Long next set (image below), similar to how we had gotten the "Super", or giant, Liu Xing Long previously. Matter of fact, Otohime's the one who causes the fatty to transform. There are other leaked images of the chapter, including revealing Nico's Super Class-Up and the fact that she's the one fighting Note and Forte. None of the other leaks are really all that interesting to post up though. Also, it seems this is our original match list:

1. Beat vs Nimu (6-Star)
2. Froze, Elito vs. Rezok (2-Star)
3. Kabra, Viola, V vs. Salaga
4. Note, Forte vs. Nico
5. Kagyu, Tsumuri vs. Beserk
6. ????? vs. Genome
7. ????? vs. ?????

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Mon May 19, 2014 4:20 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:He's a lookalike of the character "Poco" (same spelling except without the elongated vowel) who appeared in Alien Peke ("Peke" is the how the "X" in the title is pronounced), which was Toriyama's return to Jump after his yearlong post-Dragon Ball hiatus. As an aside, this was the last comic Toriyama drew which was shaded by hand rather than computer.
Poko is the boy who found Peke's spaceship, isn't he?

The "X" appear between "Alien" and "Peke" on the manga cover, but it is also written in Japanese without the X (宇宙人 ペケ) however:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:10 pm

So Er Xing Long has a new form? I admit it looks cool and I always like how he look despite him being a joke character.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/