"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I think Goku, Piccolo and Buu will be extremely hard for opponents to knock out of the ring.

Piccolo is definitely a leader along with Goku. Gohan will stay close to Piccolo. I also think Roshi and Tien will be near these 2. Krillin, 17 and 18 will be a team. Goku and Vegeta will probably stay together. Buu might be by himself and pop in and out with the others.

If they are smart they should stay in groups at all times. As I feel they will I expect all 10 to last a long time.
Yeah separate mini groups is the safest play they can do, I think Goku and Vegeta should stay with some of the other members at the start so they can clear the some of the field and as more and more people drop out the ring they can start to separate out and looking for the toughers like Jiren.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:08 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Those are some good designs, especially dig the boss
The Boss and the guy on the right! Those two definitely look the best imo.
Yeah he looks futuristic, also he got trunks spirit sword..
No wonder goku went blue..

let me guess, the other two just stand there and scream GANBARE over and over again the whole episode
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm meh on the designs. The guy on the left is kind of cool looking I guess.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm meh on the designs. The guy on the left is kind of cool looking I guess.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:17 pm

That middle tubby guy looks amazing, I like his design, is he a frog?
Not feeling the guy with the sword and the other one with the CoD mask.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:That middle tubby guy looks amazing, I like his design, is he a frog?
Not feeling the guy with the sword and the other one with the CoD mask.
Same, the middel one has a really good design, I wonder who designed him..
He gives me Toyotaro vibes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:23 pm

It could be possible that Yamamuro could have come up with these too.

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Those are some good designs, especially dig the boss
The Boss and the guy on the right! Those two definitely look the best imo.
Yeah he looks futuristic, also he got trunks spirit sword..
No wonder goku went blue..

let me guess, the other two just stand there and scream GANBARE over and over again the whole episode
Don't worry these people don't have shotguns, so That won't happen,I'm not sure This is a good idea giving #17 two episodes, 89 better be the last recruitment episode, Because we need see to other Universe
Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:That middle tubby guy looks amazing, I like his design, is he a frog?
Not feeling the guy with the sword and the other one with the CoD mask.
Same, the middel one has a really good design, I wonder who designed him..
He gives me Toyotaro vibes
it really looks like someone at toei IMO
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It could be possible that Yamamuro could have come up with these too.
is possible, since it looks like he designed lavenda and Basil but I don't think he designed bergamo,
Mostly active on discord.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:26 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Totamo wrote: I don't know what to tell you except drop the series. It's not for you.
Telling someone who hates the series to drop it? That is crazy talk! No one has the balls to actually drop it, where else are people going to waste hours on end moaning about this and that?
Well actually in this case he's pretty much right so i don't see the point of this post :lol: :lol:

I mean criticizing something wanting it to be better =/= hating (a hater is the one that should drop the show); plus when then the series ends up improving it's really more satisfying after seeing the fuck ups.
Because apparently criticism means you hate everything about something. I mean it's not possible to have problems with a show but still find somethings to enjoy. That's crazy. It's either 10/10 or 0/10. You love it or you're a hater.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:29 pm

The gr wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It could be possible that Yamamuro could have come up with these too.
is possible, since it looks like he designed lavenda and Basil but I don't think he designed bergamo,
There are gonna be loads of characters and with Yamamuro already as a CD it wouldn't surprise me if he, Toriyama and Toyotaro all working together on these designs.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Because apparently criticism means you hate everything about something. I mean it's not possible to have problems with a show but still find somethings to enjoy. That's crazy. It's either 10/10 or 0/10. You love it or you're a hater.
Obviously, either you gulp it all down or you should just drop the show..
Constructive criticism is a myth, it's a fan made head canon which doesn't exist in real life..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
The gr wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It could be possible that Yamamuro could have come up with these too.
is possible, since it looks like he designed lavenda and Basil but I don't think he designed bergamo,
There are gonna be loads of characters and with Yamamuro already as a CD it wouldn't surprise me if he, Toriyama and Toyotaro all working together on these designs.
I wouldn't be surprised if yamamuro designed some of the characters here's what i think he designed: Basil, lavenda,the alien crook in episode 85 and the poachers so far,I didn't include Bergamo, since he don't Have the characteristics of a yamamouro design,he has more detail in his muscles so I think toyotaro designed him and these 3 are totally From toriyama Image maybe jiren is a collaboration like vermoud and helles but the other two are totally from toriyama
    and did tadayoshi designed ft mai
    Mostly active on discord.

    User avatar
    Lapislettuce
    Banned
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:45 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:21 pm

    I kinda want a spin off with 17 fighting galactic poachers ! am i asking too much ?

    User avatar
    Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior
    Posts: 21434
    Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
    Location: A temple on a giant tree
    Contact:

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 pm

    The designs of the galactic poachers look quite neat. And it will be interesting if those guys were the kind of alien scum that Freeza dig bargaining with during his planet trading days.

    ChaosLordBrandon
    Regular
    Posts: 522
    Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:28 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:54 pm

    The galactic poachers look pretty cool to me.

    User avatar
    Lord Frieza
    I Live Here
    Posts: 3801
    Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 pm

    Hi I'm back hope your all well.

    I tool like the look of them, while I dont expect much i hope they can give us some entertainment before they get blown up.

    User avatar
    kinisking
    I Live Here
    Posts: 4987
    Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
    Location: United States.

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by kinisking » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:19 pm

    The gr wrote:
    Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
    The gr wrote:is possible, since it looks like he designed lavenda and Basil but I don't think he designed bergamo,
    There are gonna be loads of characters and with Yamamuro already as a CD it wouldn't surprise me if he, Toriyama and Toyotaro all working together on these designs.
    I wouldn't be surprised if yamamuro designed some of the characters here's what i think he designed: Basil, lavenda,the alien crook in episode 85 and the poachers so far,I didn't include Bergamo, since he don't Have the characteristics of a yamamouro design,he has more detail in his muscles so I think toyotaro designed him and these 3 are totally From toriyama Image maybe jiren is a collaboration like vermoud and helles but the other two are totally from toriyama
      and did tadayoshi designed ft mai
      Why do you think Yamamuro would design basil and Lavender? Also, Yamamuro tends to out excessive amounts of detail so that actually makes Bergamo more likely to be by him if you're using that logic. If Yamamuro designed characters from the tournament I think we would know.
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
      Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
      I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

      User avatar
      The gr
      I Live Here
      Posts: 2856
      Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

      Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

      Post by The gr » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:45 pm

      ^^ aw dang,I just confused yamamouro to toriyama, toriyama is the guy who usually draw his character thinner meanwhile yamamouro put more detail in the muscles,but your right we need a confirmation to back this up
      Mostly active on discord.

      User avatar
      Krillin1994
      Regular
      Posts: 736
      Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:14 am

      Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

      Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:46 pm

      It's bad story telling if these poachers are strong. Since they could be used for the tournament. Plus as animal poachers I guess they visit more than the 28 planets since animals don't really have human sentience.

      User avatar
      Kanassa
      Born 'n Bred Here
      Posts: 6265
      Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

      Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

      Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:50 pm

      They're Galactic Poachers?
      Firstly, I FUCKING CALLED IT!
      Second: I foresee Goku getting hit with a 'Filler-Power-Dampening-Dart' from the Poachers.
      When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

      Kanassa wrote:
      FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
      - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

      Post Reply