"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

THEGOKU
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:09 am

Grimlock wrote:
THEGOKU wrote: By other dimension do they mean the portals you would use in the game to go from one arena to another?
Yes, we see that happening in the latest trailer, Oozaru Bardock punches the character and he gets caught in what appears to be kinda Demigra's wormhole, then you're send to another stage.
I thought that was part of a scene in game during one of the quest I did not actually think it was something during the game that happens but looking at it again I should have paid more attention. I wonder how that factors in story wise. Maybe you have to fight your old CAC in there and he stays behind so you can escape.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:53 am

THEGOKU wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
THEGOKU wrote: By other dimension do they mean the portals you would use in the game to go from one arena to another?
Yes, we see that happening in the latest trailer, Oozaru Bardock punches the character and he gets caught in what appears to be kinda Demigra's wormhole, then you're send to another stage.
I thought that was part of a scene in game during one of the quest I did not actually think it was something during the game that happens but looking at it again I should have paid more attention. I wonder how that factors in story wise. Maybe you have to fight your old CAC in there and he stays behind so you can escape.
That makes me think... Since our old CaC is going to be our mentor, how long do you think it's going to take the game to kill em off?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:15 am

Kanassa wrote:That makes me think... Since our old CaC is going to be our mentor, how long do you think it's going to take the game to kill em off?
Probably past the halfway point, I'd say. Apparently long enough to not let us play as them.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:That makes me think... Since our old CaC is going to be our mentor, how long do you think it's going to take the game to kill em off?
Probably past the halfway point, I'd say. Apparently long enough to not let us play as them.
Exactly why I think something has to happen to the character either as a sacrifice or he is killed by someone maybe time breaker Bardock. If we can't play as them this has to be the reason.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:37 pm

THEGOKU wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Exactly why I think something has to happen to the character either as a sacrifice or he is killed by someone maybe time breaker Bardock. If we can't play as them this has to be the reason.
While this would be cool, wouldn't it kinda be a big fuck you to the players who created him/her?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:42 pm

According to this article, there'll be a new "Zero-Stat" avatar mode, whatever that means.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: Probably past the halfway point, I'd say. Apparently long enough to not let us play as them.
While this would be cool, wouldn't it kinda be a big fuck you to the players who created him/her?
Well... yeah. Yeah, it would.
What I'm wondering is if we get to choose which of our Xenoverse 1 characters we can transfer. We have the ability to create 8 CaCs, after all, so I hope we get to pick.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: Probably past the halfway point, I'd say. Apparently long enough to not let us play as them.
*Spoiler for DA:I*[spoiler]Depends on how they do it. Like, I actualy really enjoyed the scene in Dragon Age: Inqusition where your previous created character is killed off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qi1KcJ4kYU[/spoiler]
Hell, I'd enjoy if they did it in a basic 'passing off the torch' scene

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:
It depends how he is killed off and maybe they will let you control him for that last fight that you ultimately lose. Kind of like a Future Gohan Trunks kind of thing. If its done in a great way I'm sure people won't mind.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:15 pm

THEGOKU wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
THEGOKU wrote: Exactly why I think something has to happen to the character either as a sacrifice or he is killed by someone maybe time breaker Bardock. If we can't play as them this has to be the reason.
It depends how he is killed off and maybe they will let you control him for that last fight that you ultimately lose. Kind of like a Future Gohan Trunks kind of thing. If its done in a great way I'm sure people won't mind.
I'd prefer a Bardock style beatdown. Have a whole army against you as you blast through to get to the main villain. Then maybe have our CaCc spirit come back in the final beam clash. Hell, have the CaC get possessed and force us to kill him.

Kanassa wrote:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:21 pm

All of those optins sound great. This doesn't technically concern me because I'll have no way to transfer my character over but it'll still be sad to see albeit awesome

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:All of those optins sound great. This doesn't technically concern me because I'll have no way to transfer my character over but it'll still be sad to see albeit awesome
YouTube, my friend.

And I'm still over here patiently waiting for Mira's presumed redesign.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:All of those optins sound great. This doesn't technically concern me because I'll have no way to transfer my character over but it'll still be sad to see albeit awesome
YouTube, my friend.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I'd be surprised if we don't get Super Mira. Speaking of, you think we'll get Demigra's Third form?

Kanassa wrote:

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Right I mean it is only right that it comes to this but I would feel bad that those who can't transfer their characters can't see this awesome scene playing with their CAC in it. Mira needs his redesign in the game. I don't see them bringing him back from how it all ended in XV1 only to be the same in this game.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:You think we'll get Demigra's Third form?
No. It was created for God Mission 10 of Heroes, so there's no chance it'll make it in before DLC. Personally, I hate it, so I'm glad. :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:You think we'll get Demigra's Third form?
No. It was created for God Mission 10 of Heroes, so there's no chance it'll make it in before DLC. Personally, I hate it, so I'm glad. :lol:
Isn't Heroes made by DIMPS as well? Couldn't they have had this new form for Demigra before then?

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:Isn't Heroes made by DIMPS as well? Couldn't they have had this new form for Demigra before then?
It's presumably Dimps, but we don't have any official confirmation on it. It's possible, but highly unlikely. I just hope we get dat Darkness Towa. :P

PS: You can thank Mr. DevilsCorpse for my Heroes information.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
YouTube, my friend.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I can't transfer my character through YouTube lol. I have XV1 on Xbox 360 and getting XV2 on PS4

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I can't transfer my character through YouTube lol. I have XV1 on Xbox 360 and getting XV2 on PS4
YouTube is there for you to watch the scene in question.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:I can't transfer my character through YouTube lol. I have XV1 on Xbox 360 and getting XV2 on PS4
YouTube is there for you to watch the scene in question.
I mean since I can't, I'd assume they'd just use the horrible looking "default" from XV1 in his place but yeah you're right