What is your favourite Gohan costume?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Re: What is your favourite Gohan costume?

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Lost post:
Gogeta 00 wrote:I liked his Piccolo outfit from the cell games, with or without the cape.
Just a reply:
Drabaz wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:Image
Wasn't this also an alternate costume for Gohan in the first Budokai game for the PS2? Ahh, actual alternate costumes and not just different color palettes...those were the days.
Just checked. That costume is in that game is you select Teen Gohan with square or circle. I never realized that costume was in there.

Also, I agree about the actual alternate costumes. I think that's one of the things Budokai 1 has over the rest of the Dragon Ball fighting games (Super DBZ has costumes like that too if I remember correctly). I mean, there's just nothing like pitting Goku against Vegeta while they're both wearing suits. :lol:

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:Lost post:
Gogeta 00 wrote:I liked his Piccolo outfit from the cell games, with or without the cape.
I've been out for a while, can someone please explain this lost post thing for me?
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Gogeta 00 wrote:I've been out for a while, can someone please explain this lost post thing for me?
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =1&t=16754
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Zeta

Post by Zeta » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Future Gohan's Costume.

redlinks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redlinks » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 am

I remember being obsessed with Gohan in this outfit. It's definitely one of my favorites and I think he just looks so adorable in it. X)

I also liked him in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber training outfit.
- Been a Dragon Ball fan ever since 1995 (at the time, I was 7 years old).
- I prefer Saffron Henderson's Kid Gohan and Kid Goku over Stephanie Nadolny's.
- I still hope for a redub of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z with FUNimation's current cast.
- I prefer to watch Dragon Ball Z with the Faulconer Score, however I do not mind the original Japanese score.

DBZ_1997

Post by DBZ_1997 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:32 pm

1) Piccolo's inspired martial arts uniform but without the cape/shoulder pads/headpiece in the Cell Games saga.
2) Goku's Inspired martial arts uniform around the Buu Saga.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:59 am

Great Saiyaman.

Full on.

With the cape, Glasses, and Bandana.

Aaaaaw yeah! XD
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:20 am

I'd say that I like every one of his outfits to be honest, although his Saiya-jin armor and bowl cut don't fit together that well. My absolute favorite ones are his Future Gohan gi, and his Cell games gi.

Brodes_Vegetto

Post by Brodes_Vegetto » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:41 pm

My 2 favourite Gohan Costumes are -
The one he was wearing in the first episode of Z & his original blue costume with no under shirt.
Brogetto

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 am

Gohan's Piccolo outfit is my favourite. I think I like his Saiyan arc outfit second best. The one with the white headband.

Mosaic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mosaic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Miesteron wrote:Image

This specific version of the Saiyaman outfit. The whole look just works for me.
That without the green robe. His body works it pretty well. :lol:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:18 am

1st) Ultimate Gohan outfit
2nd) Cell battle outfit
3rd) Great Saiyaman outfit while fighting Dabra

Honorable mentions:
Future Gohan outfit
Bojack battle outfit
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 am

I like the Kaioshin realm outfit most and I want to be able to choose this costume for Gohan in some game.
Never hapened. Maybe in some game that I didn't played.

FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:09 am

MCDaveG wrote:I like the Kaioshin realm outfit most and I want to be able to choose this costume for Gohan in some game.
Never hapened. Maybe in some game that I didn't played.
Super DBZ had it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:18 am

Wow, cool! I'm fighting game freak and aknowledged this game but never played it, because I think it never was released with Japanese voices and original intro? and already had a lot of DBZ games, as I don't want to spend everything on DB.
Still, it would be nice to have him in game with Sparking fighting engine. Goku get's the Yadrat costume always.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:46 am

jjgp1112 wrote:The Piccolo outfit, without question.
With the headband
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada