Those moms.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
funrush
I Live Here
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: Those moms.

Post by funrush » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Rocketman wrote:The very first image my parents got of Dragonball was Vegeta knocking Trunks out and punching Goten in the gut.

So nope. They didn't care that I watched it but they don't want to watch it themselves. :P

(Good thing it wasn't Roshi grabbing 18's tits or it'd've been banned.)
The first image my parents got of DBZ was Piccolo's Makankosappo in the first Budokai game.

User avatar
MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Those moms.

Post by MoltenMan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am

I get a text from my sister last night that reads:
"matthew wants to watch more dragon ball z. do you happen to have a set we can borrow? (he's even willing to watch fillers.)"
Hell has just frozen over, ladies and gentlemen.

User avatar
DanielGClapp
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:44 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Those moms.

Post by DanielGClapp » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Who's Matthew?

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7992
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Those moms.

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:02 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Who's Matthew?
MoltenMan wrote:The first two Kai sets that came out here I used to own. Knowing I was going to get this new set, I had given those others to my sister and brother-in-law. My brother-in-law has never seen Dragon Ball Z, and thinks it looks stupid, but I hear they just started watching Kai and he seems to have backed off a little.
Probably his brother-in-law.

User avatar
funrush
I Live Here
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: Those moms.

Post by funrush » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:21 pm

MoltenMan wrote:I get a text from my sister last night that reads:
"matthew wants to watch more dragon ball z. do you happen to have a set we can borrow? (he's even willing to watch fillers.)"
Hell has just frozen over, ladies and gentlemen.
So, what set are you gonna give him? I suggest some more Kai.

User avatar
MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Those moms.

Post by MoltenMan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Yeah, Matthew is my brother-in-law. I texted my sister this morning and she indicated they were going to shopping today and he was going to probably be buying some DVD sets. And I hear they'll be buying the new Ultimate Tenkaichi game.

User avatar
Gohaz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 am
Location: United States

Re: Those moms.

Post by Gohaz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:38 pm

O wow, that's too funny lol

first time my parents got to see DBZ was when Vegeta pounded on Gohan a little when he came across him on Namek... so they never cared that much either...
"Hahaaaaaa, eat my dust, Piccolo!"
- Goku, Fast but not so Furious.

User avatar
funrush
I Live Here
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: Those moms.

Post by funrush » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:48 pm

As in, when Vegeta saw he DB radar and then kneed him in the stomach, or the filler when he beat the shit out of him on Earth?

User avatar
Gohaz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 am
Location: United States

Re: Those moms.

Post by Gohaz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Gohaz wrote:when he came across him on Namek...
=P
"Hahaaaaaa, eat my dust, Piccolo!"
- Goku, Fast but not so Furious.

User avatar
funrush
I Live Here
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: Those moms.

Post by funrush » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Sorry, figured you meant the Namek arc.

User avatar
MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Those moms.

Post by MoltenMan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:52 pm

My sister and I played some Ultimate Tenkaichi last night and she informed me that her and her husband not only bought Ultimate Tenkaichi, but also Raging Blast 2.

Apparently he was about to buy all of the Dragon Ball Z seasons at Wal-Mart but she talked him down to a couple.

Observing new fans is fun.

User avatar
Castor Troy
I Live Here
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: Those moms.

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Back in the day, my parents would tell me to stop watching Dragonball and get a job. :roll:

User avatar
Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Those moms.

Post by Freeza Heika » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 am

Moltenman, do you mind if I ask what town you live in, in Indiana? I have lived here all my life, and I cannot imagine a place where I have to go that far to get to civilization.
Castor Troy wrote:Back in the day, my parents would tell me to stop watching Dragonball and get a job. :roll:
I get that now. What they don't realize is that I have applied everywhere on Earth and got no calls.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

User avatar
Pokewhiz7
I Live Here
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: United States

Re: Those moms.

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:05 am

Typical responses:
Are you watching that zombie show?
Are you playing a game?
Are you watching Dragon Ball Z?
Are you watching those stupid videos?

Post Reply